News: Details Emerge From The Cowboys Current Offer To Prescott

erod

Reaction score
Where do you think we should pay Dak? Is he in the neighborhood of Wentz and Goff?
He's the 8th best player on the Cowboys offense.

He shouldn't get 20% of the salary cap.

To me, he's a $15 million quarterback. I don't care if the Eagles and Rams wildly overpaid their quarterbacks.

This contract will really hurt Dallas badly.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That loss to Philly is on the coaches. Refused to give Zeke/Pollard the ball. We had zero run game because of that.

No. The plays were there. I am not a fan of the previous coaching staff and there is ample evidence of this but in that game, the plays were there. Dak didn't hit them. You can say it was injury or what have you and that's fine but if that's the case, he should not have been playing. You can say that this is on the coaching staff and I could agree with that, if that is the point you are making but in terms of just putting a game plan together and going out and executing it, the coaching staff provided that IMO. The team didn't get it done, specifically, Dak IMO. That's what I saw anyway.

Last edited:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
According to Fisher's numbers, the contract is for five years. The first four years will only pay most of the guaranteed portion, listed at $106 million. The fifth year will pay the remaining guaranteed portion that was included as bonus, plus whatever nonguaranteed remains of the contracted total.

Sorry misunderstood you i thought you were talking about the deal the way Dak wants it at 4 years not 5 the Cowboys want. Still i think you need to account for a little more of the 44m you didn't pay him over the 1st 4 years, i don't see Dak willing to leave that amount off the table, under your scenario he would only average 24m per season over the 1st 4 years, it would be great if he would do that but i doubt that would happen

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Numbers tell a different story, we were Ranked 10th in total yards given up 9th in passing yards allowed and 11th in run yards allowed and 10th in points per game given up. Where we lacked was in turnovers. We were a solid D last year, this year i expect us to be a little worse we lost some very good players
I think our D will be much improved.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Rams were scared of Gurley knee and did not give him the same workload last year he had the previous season, he only hadf one bad year under his new deal. If Zeke has a bad year this year should we jettison him too? Gurley was let go because the Rams don't trust his knee the Falcons think differently we will see who is right and Cooks got hurt last year with a bad concussion and had trouble coming back from it after an 80 catch season the year before, so yes both their productions were off but what really happenned is they were both cap casulities. The Rams just got rid of both of them a year earlier. If they had kept both and both had solid years this years they would have still both been gone next year.

To start out with your "If Zeke has a bad year this year". He had SIX games last season where he had 60 yards or less, one only 35 yards on 18 carries. Elliott already has had a bad year for Elliott and if he has another it wouldn't matter because there would be to much dead money for them to cut him They would have to wait until after the 2022 season where they have a potential out and only have 6 mill on dead money.

Then your assumption that if both rams had bounce back years this season while still on the rams that they would both be cut after this season is just ASSUMPTION and SPECULATION on your part. Unless you've had private talks with the rams and they told you this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He's the 8th best player on the Cowboys offense.

He shouldn't get 20% of the salary cap.

To me, he's a $15 million quarterback. I don't care if the Eagles and Rams wildly overpaid their quarterbacks.

This contract will really hurt Dallas badly.

All these talking heads are all about saying pay him. It started out as the Cowboys didn't want to pay Dak, that was never true. From there, it was the AAV, Cowboys are disrespecting him by offering him too little money on average, not true. Then it turned into, but what's the guaranteed money? Cowboys aren't trying to pay him enough guaranteed money. Well, looks like that wasn't true either.

Truth is people just want the Cowboys to pay whatever it is that Dak and his agent want. This is no longer about Football IMO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it is a statement as such. Much like it would be for any player and position at the time.

Dak is using the Wilson contract as a measuring tool which means he places himself in that category. Which isn’t just about the money. He obviously believes or is at least presenting he’s in that same area code or higher as far as talent.

And I think there are fans that believe that as well . Which is fine. They are certainly allowed to believe what they want. I certainly wouldn’t place him up there in talent level. Somewhere closer to the Wentz / Goff deals seems plenty generous of Daks passing ability to me.
I didn't say talent level isn't a factor. Talent is also a component of market value. But so is timing and supply and demand. It's no different than, say, the real estate market. If your house sells for more than a neighbor's house did a year or two earlier, that doesn't necessarily mean your house is a better house. In fact, it may clearly not be. But the market didn't freeze when the neighbor's house sold. Prices went up, and you took advantage of that.

Of course, many reports, for whatever they are worth, indicate the price isn't even the hang up on the deal, but rather the years.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
That loss to Philly is on the coaches. Refused to give Zeke/Pollard the ball. We had zero run game because of that.

You would think with the game and our season on the line putting the game in the hands of our "Elite franchise QB" would be the smart thing to do especially since every team in the league knows if you stop Zeke you stop the Cowboys. What makes you think after seeing Zeke rush 13 times for 46 yards the was going to take over the game? That game was on Dak's shoulders (as it should of been) even Dak would tell you that. He just didn't produce it's one thing to produce and lose a close hard fought game it's another to just fold up in the biggest game of the season

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think our D will be much improved.

not sure about that.Its hard to replace a 12 sack guy and a pro bowl CB with guys who havent played football in years and rookies and expect no drop offs.I am expecting a middling Defense but hopefully more turnovers because of a more aggressive scheme.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sorry misunderstood you i thought you were talking about the deal the way Dak wants it at 4 years not 5 the Cowboys want. Still i think you need to account for a little more of the 44m you didn't pay him over the 1st 4 years, i don't see Dak willing to leave that amount off the table, under your scenario he would only average 24m per season over the 1st 4 years, it would be great if he would do but i doubt that would happen

Why is that on the Team?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
To start out with your "If Zeke has a bad year this year". He had SIX games last season where he had 60 yards or less, one only 35 yards on 18 carries. Elliott already has had a bad year for Elliott and if he has another it wouldn't matter because there would be to much dead money for them to cut him They would have to wait until after the 2022 season where they have a potential out and only have 6 mill on dead money.

Then your assumption that if both rams had bounce back years this season while still on the rams that they would both be cut after this season is just ASSUMPTION and SPECULATION on your part. Unless you've had private talks with the rams and they told you this.

The rams were going to have to start cutting talent sooner rather than later, it happens to all teams. And i know Zeke didn't have a great year last year which i just didn't want to bring up

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I didn't say talent level isn't a factor. Talent is also a component of market value. But so is timing and supply and demand. It's no different than, say, the real estate market. If your house sells for more than a neighbor's house did a year or two earlier, that doesn't necessarily mean your house is a better house. In fact, it may clearly not be. But the market didn't freeze when the neighbor's house sold. Prices went up, and you took advantage of that.

Of course, many reports, for whatever they are worth, indicate the price isn't even the hang up on the deal, but rather the years.

This is true but, there is a difference there. You home can also tank and you can end up with a home selling for a lot less, even though it might be much nicer. We've seen that happen before, based on all sorts of variables. But see, here is the thing, smart investors don't buy property like that. They leverage a situation and walk away from a bad market. This is what you don't see in the Dak discussion. The market argument is all well and good so long as it's an escalating discussion but it never considers the other side of the market discussion, which does exist, IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rams were scared of Gurley knee and did not give him the same workload last year he had the previous season, he only hadf one bad year under his new deal. If Zeke has a bad year this year should we jettison him too? Gurley was let go because the Rams don't trust his knee the Falcons think differently we will see who is right and Cooks got hurt last year with a bad concussion and had trouble coming back from it after an 80 catch season the year before, so yes both their productions were off but what really happenned is they were both cap casulities. The Rams just got rid of both of them a year earlier. If they had kept both and both had solid years this years they would have still both been gone next year.

Its not about Gurley having a bad year. The Rams asked themselves can they get this same production from someone else at a cheaper rate. The answer was yes and they let him go. And Gurley got picked up for a 4 million dollar deal so they were right. You can't say his knee was a issue and not understand why they let him go. Lack of production + knee issues?

You can't sit here and talk about them being cap casualties when there are guys on the roster who could've been cut before them. And then you acknowledge Cooks has concussion issues and Gurley has a knee issue so why are you confused to why they were cut?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
as I said in another thread when dak gets this big contract if he don't win in the playoffs it will get really ugly for him the fans will turn on him big time as will the media

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Still i think you need to account for a little more of the 44m you didn't pay him over the 1st 4 years,

I am referring to this comment, in your previous post. I assume you are suggesting that the team needs to account for what Dak was paid in his initial rookie contract, is that accurate? If so, why is that the Cowboys responsibility?

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The rams were going to have to start cutting talent sooner rather than later, it happens to all teams. And i know Zeke didn't have a great year last year which i just didn't want to bring that up

Yes teams often have to make some tough decisions but again you're only assuming or speculating it to be those two. If they had bounce back years there is zero guarantee that those two out of all of the other players would be the ones. There very well could be a couple of other players who had bad years and are used to trim the cap with. What you're doing is exactly the same thing sportswriters do when the speculate and then are completely wrong in the end or playing Dave Dameshek with his N if L.