Deuce Vaughn reacts to his first official Dallas Cowboys jersey

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You're talking about the other 31 NFL scouting departments and personnel Im assuming.

But Im sure they watched more than his youtube clips. Also pretty sure they saw that long run against Bama. Yet they didnt pull the trigger on the next Sproles. Oh wait, but Tom Brady.

But you know more than they do, of course.
yes because players picked in late rounds never work out.... you dont like the pick (or the hype for the pick) thats fine, "Im the voice of reason" doesnt work when you say "Other teams didnt draft him" like thats never been disproven big time.. there is this guy named ..whats his name ooh yeah just call him GOAT.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
yes because players picked in late rounds never work out.... you dont like the pick (or the hype for the pick) thats fine, "Im the voice of reason" doesnt work when you say "Other teams didnt draft him" like thats never been disproven big time.. there is this guy named ..whats his name ooh yeah just call him GOAT.
See, the thing is, its not JUST that hes a late round pick. This seems obvious to me, but let me simplify things.

Brady was a QB. Had the size, smarts, accuracy, productive. Slow and had the body of a 17 year old. Plus there were concerns around the QB situation in Michigan.

Romo was a QB. Had size, smarts, decent arm, decent athleticism, productive. Small school.

Duece is a RB. Has zero measurables you want in a RB. Extremely short. Extremely light. Mediocre 4.56 speed. He does 19 reps though.

See the differences?

He is facing extremely high odds and history being against him. Root for the kid. Support the underdog. Rudy him all you want. I have no problem with him being a pet cat to so many. Its the extreme projections Im balancing out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
When the new Deuce is a roster lock and next Barry Sanders threads stop, I'll stop.
Other than his hieght can you name one factual reason you so sure he will not succeed? I may agree with you if you have one.So far I have not see one, here is what i have seen, let me know if I am mistaken.

He cant take the pouinding: Well he carried the ball the second most times in the NCAA in his years in it, where is the injury history?
Big 12 is where he played: well thats a horrible view from very recent history
if you take out his long runs his other runs are short: Ummm I mean this has to be joke.. right?
No short back has ever done it: do you have examples of this where they lead the NCAA in carries and yardage and failed in the NFL? Like this Decade would be nice but Ill settle for the 2000's...lets not use the Bear Bryant era please.

Again anything factual and I might agree with you otherwise what is the reason in your "Voice of reason"

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
See, the thing is, its not JUST that hes a late round pick. This seems obvious to me, but let me simplify things.

Brady was a QB. Had the size, smarts, accuracy, productive. Slow and had the body of a 17 year old. Plus there were concerns around the QB situation in Michigan.

Romo was a QB. Had size, smarts, decent arm, decent athleticism, productive. Small school.

Duece is a RB. Has zero measurables you want in a RB. Extremely short. Extremely light. Mediocre 4.56 speed. He does 19 reps though.

See the differences?

He is facing extremely high odds and history being against him. Root for the kid. Support the underdog. Rudy him all you want. I have no problem with him being a pet cat to so many. Its the extreme projections Im balancing out.
Duece has size he is short, and again as i posted above show me how his size has hindered him

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Other than his hieght can you name one factual reason you so sure he will not succeed? I may agree with you if you have one.So far I have not see one, here is what i have seen, let me know if I am mistaken.

He cant take the pouinding: Well he carried the ball the second most times in the NCAA in his years in it, where is the injury history?
if you take out his long runs his other runs are short: Ummm I mean this has to be joke.. right?
No short back has ever done it: do you have examples of this where they lead the NCAA in carries and yardage and failed in the NFL? Like this Decade would be nice but Ill settle for the 2000's...lets not use the Bear Bryant era please.

Again anything factual and I might agree with you otherwise what is the reason in your "Voice of reason"
He literally laid it out in the post directly before yours. He even made it simple for you.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He literally laid it out in the post directly before yours. He even made it simple for you.
can you get someone to read the post you responded to for you i literally laid out why the size thing hasnt hampered him in my post, I even made it simple for you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

See the differences?

Deuce ran the 40 in 4.44 seconds in his only attempt at his Pro Day due to high fever and an ear infection. It shows on film how fast he is. He has excellent quickness and good burst and acceleration. He's plenty of fast enough.

https://www.cjonline.com/story/spor...esults-2023-deuce-vaughn-40-time/70069622007/

Plus, Deuce did not run the 40 or 3-cone drill at the NFL Combine, so I don't understand where you are getting that he timed the 40 at 4.56 seconds?

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...s-measurements-40-yard-dash-time-01gtcpawgsaa

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yeah he was clocked at the second fastest speed on field last year in the NCAA.. people use what they want to whether its factual or not.
The poster is using false data to justify his angst against Deuce. Epic fail on his part.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

5'9 JJ Taylor - 185
5'9 Jaret Patterson - 194
5'6 Boston Scott - 203
5'7 Devin Singletary - 203
5'7 Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 207
5’8″ Phillip Lindsay –
5’8″ Mekhi Sargent –
5’8″ Trayveon Williams –
5’8″ Jaylen Warren –
5’8″ Tyler Badie –
5’8″ Jerrion Ealy –
5’8″ Austin Walter –
5’8″ De’Montre Tuggle –
5’8″ Darrell Henderson –
5’8″ JaMycal Hasty –

You decide how successful those guys are/were. And most, if not all of them are bigger than 5'5 177

Size (height & weight) are the obvious concern. Im not as worried about durability. Im sure hes a tough kid.

Holes in college are creases in the NFL. It is very rare to go untouched running the ball. Can he run through NFL type contact? I dont think so. He is stopped on first contact.

He is a complete liability as a pass protector.

Hes never returned punts and very few KOs.

He lacks elite explosion and acceleration for his size. Kind of a long strider type. Dances to much while trying to find a hole.

Extreme minus catch radius. And lacking elite quickness will limit separation, especially against bigger quicker slot CBs.

So where does he get touches and provide value to warrant a roster spot?

You just gonna throw him out there on first down and hand it to him? Knowing hes merely an all or nothing runner? How many second and 10+ downs do you want to get into?

He wont ever be in the backfield as a blocker on passing downs. Maybe screen game? Like we really run much of those. Swing passes? After two games of that defenses will be keying on when hes in and shutting that down.

Slot. Don't see it. We have better options to use.

Returns? Cut Turpin for a guy whos never done it and is most likely worse at it.

He cant play any other special teams.

I just don't see it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Deuce ran the 40 in 4.44 seconds in his only attempt at his Pro Day due to high fever and an ear infection. It shows on film how fast he is. He has excellent quickness and good burst and acceleration. He's plenty of fast enough.

https://www.cjonline.com/story/spor...esults-2023-deuce-vaughn-40-time/70069622007/

Plus, Deuce did not run the 40 or 3-cone drill at the NFL Combine, so I don't understand where you are getting that he timed the 40 at 4.56 seconds?

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...s-measurements-40-yard-dash-time-01gtcpawgsaa
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Deuce-Vaughn-RB-KansasState

https://www.on3.com/teams/kansas-st...ughn-picked-by-dallas-cowboys-in-sixth-round/

BlindFaith

Reaction score
yeah he was clocked at the second fastest speed on field last year in the NCAA.. people use what they want to whether its factual or not.
Ronald Jones was timed at virtually the same speed. So you think Jones is fast as well, right?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
5'9 JJ Taylor - 185
5'9 Jaret Patterson - 194
5'6 Boston Scott - 203
5'7 Devin Singletary - 203
5'7 Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 207
5’8″ Phillip Lindsay –
5’8″ Mekhi Sargent –
5’8″ Trayveon Williams –
5’8″ Jaylen Warren –
5’8″ Tyler Badie –
5’8″ Jerrion Ealy –
5’8″ Austin Walter –
5’8″ De’Montre Tuggle –
5’8″ Darrell Henderson –
5’8″ JaMycal Hasty –

You decide how successful those guys are/were. And most, if not all of them are bigger than 5'5 177

Size (height & weight) are the obvious concern. Im not as worried about durability. Im sure hes a tough kid.

Holes in college are creases in the NFL. It is very rare to go untouched running the ball. Can he run through NFL type contact? I dont think so. He is stopped on first contact.

He is a complete liability as a pass protector.

Hes never returned punts and very few KOs.

He lacks elite explosion and acceleration for his size. Kind of a long strider type. Dances to much while trying to find a hole.

Extreme minus catch radius. And lacking elite quickness will limit separation, especially against bigger quicker slot CBs.

So where does he get touches and provide value to warrant a roster spot?

You just gonna throw him out there on first down and hand it to him? Knowing hes merely an all or nothing runner? How many second and 10+ downs do you want to get into?

He wont ever be in the backfield as a blocker on passing downs. Maybe screen game? Like we really run much of those. Swing passes? After two games of that defenses will be keying on when hes in and shutting that down.

Slot. Don't see it. We have better options to use.

Returns? Cut Turpin for a guy whos never done it and is most likely worse at it.

He cant play any other special teams.

I just don't see it.
ok so you cant show me RB's that led the NCAA in attempts and yards during thier seasons.. I get it you dont think he will do much but again you dont have any real comparisons to what he has done because there are none.