Devin Hester will go pro

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
and forego his senior season to help his family whose house was damaged from the hurricane.

any takers?

he can play multiple positions

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He played multiple positions in college because he couldn't find one he was good at. I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd day of the draft. He'll never be anything more than return guy in the NFL. That's essentially all he was in college.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd love him as a Dante Hall type guy who is a featured returner and slot back. 3rd round pick type guy IMHO.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
We could really use a return guy, i don't think many of us wanna see Crayton or Thompson returning kicks again. they were both pretty bad

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
What? I think Thompson will be a star returner, give him another year to develop, the dude is a sped demon.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Thompson was bad returning kicks? Say what?

I think someone has been tipping the bottle wayyyy too much.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
What we need on this team is "Playmakers" period. If we could get this player say in the third round I think it would improve our special team play. We could also use him in the slot. Playmakers are a special breed.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Question, would you use a 3rd round pick on Randall Williams? Just because he has speed doesn't mean a thing.

Hester couldn't start ANYWHERE on the field at Miami. At CB, he didn't have the coverage skills or even the hands. Say for WR. At RB, he didn't have the toughness or durability.

The only thing Hester has going for him is his speed. To use a 2nd or 3rd on a guy who would be used primarily on ST isn't exactly smart, given you only have very few picks this year.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Thompson was bad returning kicks? Say what?

I think someone has been tipping the bottle wayyyy too much.
Yeah I mean one good day against the Rams made him all of a sudden a star at returning kicks :rolleyes: . He has a lot of speed but he has no moves and always goes right into the stack of defenders instead of going around them. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I think you can get Skylar Green for later on in round 4 or 5 and he will be just as productive as Hester will be in the NFL. Hester will have more hype than Green which will make him go higher but I don't see a whole lot of difference in their skill sets.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Question, would you use a 3rd round pick on Randall Williams? Just because he has speed doesn't mean a thing.

Hester couldn't start ANYWHERE on the field at Miami. At CB, he didn't have the coverage skills or even the hands. Say for WR. At RB, he didn't have the toughness or durability.

The only thing Hester has going for him is his speed. To use a 2nd or 3rd on a guy who would be used primarily on ST isn't exactly smart, given you only have very few picks this year.

Other Written (who we drafted in the third) have we drafted recently that was worthy of a third round pick?

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Yeah I mean one good day against the Rams made him all of a sudden a star at returning kicks :rolleyes: . He has a lot of speed but he has no moves and always goes right into the stack of defenders instead of going around them. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either

According to the Cowboys website, Thompson set a club record for kickoff return yards at 1,399.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CactusCowboy said:
What? I think Thompson will be a star returner, give him another year to develop, the dude is a sped demon.
He better learn to hold onto the ball. Otherwise all that speed will get him nothing.

Murph80

Reaction score
Crayton and Thompson will be our return men next year. Crayton will be on the roster as the #4 reciever and will have to do some things on special teams. We will bring in a #1 or #2 reciever next year.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We need new punt and kick returners. TT is just a faster Hambrick IMO. He has one move...find the biggest pile of tacklers and run straight for them. Crayton will be a good wr but is not a good punt returner.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Maybe if Hester is there in the 4th round, then I'll take a chance, but he's not worth a higher selection.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Maybe if Hester is there in the 4th round, then I'll take a chance, but he's not worth a higher selection.

We don't have a fourth round selection this year.

BigWillie

Reaction score
DaBoyz73 said:
Other Written (who we drafted in the third) have we drafted recently that was worthy of a third round pick?

So now since we haven't had luck drafting in the 3rd round, we should waste this pick as well? :lmao:

Also to say that Thompson was a bad returner or to even replace him is laughable.

Thompson was 10th in the entire NFL in kickoff returns. Thompson has 3-4 people ahead of him in average who barely had half the amount of returns he did.

Thompson was 4th in the NFC in KO returns. He had 57 returns compared to the people ahead of him who had 24, 35 and 47 respectfully.

To be honest, I don't need a game breaker returning kicks. If a kick returner can get me out beyond the 30 yard line consistently (which Thompson seemingly does time after time) he could do the electric slide if he wants as long as he gets there.