Devin Hester will go pro

Derinyar

Reaction score
Thomposn is likely replaced for one simple reason. He puts the ball on the carpet too much. I don't care if your getting to the 50 every time if your putting it on the ground every game or every other game. Those type of mistakes energize the other team.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Hester is a second day guy IMO.

What do you do with someone who lacks a true position on the field? He didn't have the skills to start at either CB or WR. Other than returning kicks, where does he play?

I wouldn't touch him until round four at best.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Fool should've stayed in school- he would have been a first rounder after next year if what Coker was saying is true.

ghst187

Reaction score
Hester is a punk without a solid position and I saw him fumble an awful lot of returns.
He abundantly underwhelmed me each time i saw him play despite every commentators incessant bragging about how special a player he was. He's also from "the U"..
no thanks!

Hiero

Reaction score
I dunno where would Hester play ? CB? WR? we dont really need a kr/pr anymore.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Hester will go in the first day, someone will take a chance probably in the 2nd round. Hell, Clarett was taken in the 3rd

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Teams are not going to touch Hester in the first day. He's an athlete playing football and that does not project well to the pros unless, well, he's a project, which he is.

I don't agree with him coming out. He could have been featured next year and possibly earned a first round grade and guaranteed money for him family. No chance of that now.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
BigWillie said:
So now since we haven't had luck drafting in the 3rd round, we should waste this pick as well? :lmao:

Also to say that Thompson was a bad returner or to even replace him is laughable.

Thompson was 10th in the entire NFL in kickoff returns. Thompson has 3-4 people ahead of him in average who barely had half the amount of returns he did.

Thompson was 4th in the NFC in KO returns. He had 57 returns compared to the people ahead of him who had 24, 35 and 47 respectfully.

To be honest, I don't need a game breaker returning kicks. If a kick returner can get me out beyond the 30 yard line consistently (which Thompson seemingly does time after time) he could do the electric slide if he wants as long as he gets there.

To be honest with you I don't care where the playmaker plays at, we need a playmaker. The position doesn't matter :banghead: