Devin White to Eagles

CWR

Reaction score
I know it’s early but the big run stopping linebackers have signed. So it appears the Cowboys are going to depend on 2nd year players and the draft to stop the run and improve the run game. Just not a good way to use your resources.
Our paralysis in FA and overpaying our own lesser players are why we can't get over the top. We don't even have to go wild, just a few mid range moves would be a massive help.

kumizi

Reaction score
First misstep for the Iggles. He’s one of the most annoying players to watch. Great physical tools. No understanding of angles. Almost like Jaylon

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Thats some crazy talk, if Dallas had made this signing, you would be doing backflips with joy, don't deny it.
I like the moves that the eagles make and how aggressive they are to improving their team. But this move doesn’t bother me, I’ll take Kendrick’s

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I know it’s early but the big run stopping linebackers have signed. So it appears the Cowboys are going to depend on 2nd year players and the draft to stop the run and improve the run game. Just not a good way to use your resources.
Some good day 2 LBsin this draft

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First misstep for the Iggles. He’s one of the most annoying players to watch. Great physical tools. No understanding of angles. Almost like Jaylon
100% accurate assessment and comparison. Here's an example:

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Every rating agency I read had him way ahead of Hendricks in the free agent rankings.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39687667/nfl-free-agency-2024-list-available-players-position
Our resident expert talent evaluators are the best. Notice how when another team, in particular an NFC east team, signs a player, the player is either washed up, quit on his team, is too old, or is a JAG. When we sign a guy, he's an immediate help to the team and the last missing part to the puzzle. I will never forget the hysteria on her when we acquired Jason Peters, a washed up 40+ year old who was injury prone and notorious for riding the pine with numerous injuries. At this point, I hope we start signing scrubs and washed up players. We need bodies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Our resident expert talent evaluators are the best. Notice how when another team, in particular an NFC east team, signs a player, the player is either washed up, quit on his team, is too old, or is a JAG. When we sign a guy, he's an immediate help to the team and the last missing part to the puzzle. I will never forget the hysteria on her when we acquired Jason Peters, a washed up 40+ year old who was injury prone and notorious for riding the pine with numerous injuries. At this point, I hope we start signing scrubs and washed up players. We need bodies.
Actually if you're paying attention it works both ways the other team thinks they got some savior and yet they didn't and say ours is worse...Its fan postruring..

it's OK.

I mean what did byard and Shaq Leonard do for them last year nothing we were right literally almost all the moves they made with coaches ohh season and at the trade deadline and all the players that chose to go to the Eagles we still beat them in the division making less moves..​

I agree there's not a big difference between white kendricks and even Wagner all new linebackers for the NFC East they're all not in their prime they're all on about the same level so we'll see how they fit but I think the fact that kendricks fits with Zimmer and then the same thing Wagner with Dan Quinn's defense those guys have a shot I don't know anything about Devin white fitting in with the Eagles but there's a reason they're bringing these guys in because I know the defense it'll make it easier transition and they are good players they're just no longer in their prime they're all about the same level...

But we were right Leonard was it going to be a difference maker an impact player it was a body we both needed him to kind of write the ship because of injuries the fact that we had to let Evans go because of his off field accusations so yeah we were wanting Leonard to fill a body to fill a spot it would have been nice to have but we knew he wasn't gonna be an impact player and that trade for Byard and same thing these dudes are not in their prime and everybody knows it... The Jason Peters thing though we got him a year earlier you do realize that each year these older players play they're gonna get worse the same with hankins I believe that little ship should sail on him because I believe he's just getting more outside his prime to be even helpful...

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL
If you asked me which LB I'd hope Philly would sign, this guy is it. He's a mini-Bruce Carter with even less interest in getting dirty and has a bad attitude to boot.

Defensive meltdowns on the field next season are in Philly's future. Can't wait.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I agree there's not a big difference between white kendricks and even Wagner all new linebackers for the NFC East they're all not in their prime they're all on about the same level so we'll see how they fit but I think the fact that kendricks fits with Zimmer and then the same thing Wagner with Dan Quinn's defense those guys have a shot I don't know anything about Devin white fitting in with the Eagles but there's a reason they're bringing these guys in because I know the defense it'll make it easier transition and they are good players they're just no longer in their prime they're all about the same level...
Devin White is significantly younger.

Kendricks - 32
Wagner- 33
White- 26

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Actually if you're paying attention it works both ways the other team thinks they got some savior and yet they didn't and say ours is worse...Its fan postruring..

it's OK.

I mean what did byard and Shaq Leonard do for them last year nothing we were right literally almost all the moves they made with coaches ohh season and at the trade deadline and all the players that chose to go to the Eagles we still beat them in the division making less moves..​

But we were right Leonard was it going to be a difference maker an impact player it was a body we both needed him to kind of write the ship because of injuries the fact that we had to let Evans go because of his off field accusations so yeah we were wanting Leonard to fill a body to fill a spot it would have been nice to have but we knew he wasn't gonna be an impact player and that trade for Byard and same thing these dudes are not in their prime and everybody knows it... The Jason Peters thing though we got him a year earlier you do realize that each year these older players play they're gonna get worse the same with hankins I believe that little ship should sail on him because I believe he's just getting more outside his prime to be even helpful...
Byard is 30. Shaq is physically broken. White is 26, has an outstanding pedigree. You really can’t compare the three.

That said, hopefully he freelances too much trying for splash plays in an effort to get a big deal in 25.