DeVonte Holloman looks like a player

Aven8

Reaction score
The call on the sack was bull IMO. All this kid seems to do is make plays. For those that watch more closely how has he looked at LB?

How can we get this kid on the field more?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I agree. He's making plays and seems to find the right spot to be in.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
He keeps making plays like that, he'll see more time for sure.

RS12

Reaction score
DeVonte Holloman looks like a player

As a matter of fact he does. Blown up safety playing LB, he has kept the safety part of his game from his USC days. Team can always use play makers.

Aven8

Reaction score
As a matter of fact he does. Blown up safety playing LB, he has kept the safety part of his game from his USC days. Team can always use play makers.

When I first saw him in the first game I couldn't believe how big he was considering he was a safety, hybrid player at SC.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He could be the steal of the draft. I hope he keeps it up and eventually replaces Durant. Not because I dislike Durant, but that would mean Holloman is a consistent playmaking force.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i still believe he was robbed on the play where Wilbur recovered the ball.

coult44

Reaction score
The call on the sack was bull IMO. All this kid seems to do is make plays. For those that watch more closely how has he looked at LB?

AGREE COMPLETELY

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think he'll be a very good nickel LB one day - maybe soon. Not sure if he is a starting LB.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

I think it was the right call, his hand was already coming forward when they slowed it down.. that's why the ball popped way up in the air like that.

I think he's made a couple nice plays in coverage, where i think he is at his strongest. That pick last night was a pretty nice read and quick reaction.

I do think he'll struggle against the run though. That last drive of the first half for them, he literally got dragged a couple yards down the field, twice, by their receivers.. who didn't look like very big guys at all. It also seems like he struggles a bit in knowing how to fill gaps against the run and read where the running back is looking to take it or where the hole is on the play.

I think he has good potential though. The things i think he struggles with are things you can learn. I just wouldn't consider that sack a special play. He basically was given a straight line, free shot at the QB.. any of us could run straight to the QB and get a sack or deflect a pass with no one in front of us.

(Well, not all of us.. haha)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
He'll make the team for sure. Anytime you can get quality reps for a guy you take a flyer for late in the draft, it's a winning situation.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
He's turning out to be a great draft selection. So far, very pleased with all the picks!

Corso

Reaction score
I starting to get high hopes for the team with the upward trend the Cowboys are having concerning the draft.

Titleist

Reaction score
I like Holloman as much as anyone else, but I don't see him starting over Durant or Sims. Not enough experience. Put him on the bench for a year or two and he'll be good to go.

Corso

Reaction score
I like Holloman as much as anyone else, but I don't see him starting over Durant or Sims. Not enough experience. Put him on the bench for a year or two and he'll be good to go.

Right now it looks like he could develop into a Victor Butler type of player with the potential for more.

Aven8

Reaction score
My bet is somebody will get injured and might see a lot of him.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I agree. Terrible call. Guys arm wasnt coming forward until the the ball was out of his hand. should have been easy call

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I agree. Terrible call. Guys arm wasnt coming forward until the the ball was out of his hand. should have been easy call

I don't agree.. when they slowed it down, it was pretty clear that his hand came forward first. Either way, i don't think it was an obvious call one way or the other.