DeVonte Holloman looks like a player

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Over Durant or Simms

Yikes.. day 1 over Sims or Durant? Sims has been making plays all over during TC and Durant has been solid as well.

I think Holloman could play some nickle LB for us right now at times, but he'd get run over if he started in the base D, imo.

I don't think he's near ready for that yet.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Yikes.. day 1 over Sims or Durant? Sims has been making plays all over during TC and Durant has been solid as well.

I think Holloman could play some nickle LB for us right now at times, but he'd get run over if he started in the base D, imo.

I don't think he's near ready for that yet.

Holloman is making the plays in the games and last time I checked that's when it really matters LOL

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The call on the sack was bull IMO. All this kid seems to do is make plays. For those that watch more closely how has he looked at LB?

How can we get this kid on the field more?

Loved the pick in the 6th round and laughed at the naysayers. I had the good fortune of watching him contribute to the recent success of my Gamecocks. Player player player. Slice it up any way you'd like and he still comes out ahead.

#gamecocks

Swearinger is going to be a beast too. He sure would have fit perfectly at safety. We could have had him when we drafted Escobar. I hope Esco pans out.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Holloman is making the plays in the games and last time I checked that's when it really matters LOL

He made a couple plays in coverage.. the one he was right place, right time, the other was a nice read and react for the pick.

Other than that, he really hasn't done much, and hasn't shown much against the run. He def has many things to work on, and i don't think he's anywhere close to as complete a player as Sims right now.

BigD5

Reaction score
I don't agree.. when they slowed it down, it was pretty clear that his hand came forward first. Either way, i don't think it was an obvious call one way or the other.

The ball goes backwards. It was not a forward pass. His arm going forward was besides the point. The ball still goes backwards

LOBO7

Reaction score
The ball goes backwards. It was not a forward pass. His arm going forward was besides the point. The ball still goes backwards

No kidding, Its like they never check where the ball lands. If it lands behind the passer it is a fumble no matter the arm motion.

Smith22

Reaction score
He has potential. I don't see him breaking the starting lineup this season barring injury, but he could down the road. From what we've seen, he has some speed and very good hands. I hope he continues to develop.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

It goes backwards because it was batted backwards.. that's why it popped up so high in the air.

..and yes it absolutely matters if his arm has started going forward or not.. if it did, its an incomplete pass, if it didn't its a fumble.

If a QB throws a pass and a DL knocks it down at the line, it usually goes backwards then, too.. does that mean that is also a fumble?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
When we drafted him one of my good friends who played starting lb in college for 3 years called me And said he's going to be a steal. He dropped because of the switch to Lb. he'll probably start by middle of the year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When we drafted him one of my good friends who played starting lb in college for 3 years called me And said he's going to be a steal. He dropped because of the switch to Lb. he'll probably start by middle of the year

If you go can find his draft thread you will see a lot of us in there convinced that he looks way better then where he was drafted.

He's a perfect fit for this scheme.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
It goes backwards because it was batted backwards.. that's why it popped up so high in the air.

..and yes it absolutely matters if his arm has started going forward or not.. if it did, its an incomplete pass, if it didn't its a fumble.

If a QB throws a pass and a DL knocks it down at the line, it usually goes backwards then, too.. does that mean that is also a fumble?

it seemed to me holloman hit him solely on the elbow.. never touching the ball. But I could be wrong... Eitherway, to me, it couldnt have been time more perfectly, right before the arm started moving forward devonte hit him on the elbow and the ball came loose. txt book fumble. would love to see a replay now though

BigD5

Reaction score

I didn't see where the ball was batted. Looked to me like he hit his forearm/elbow and the ball left the Qbs hand and went backwards

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hlloman has looked good, I'm not ready to see him repace Simms or Durant but it shows me Dallas has some quality depth at LB