Dexter Coakley... Michael Strahan?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
ESPN reported that Coakley may be released....my heart sys bring him in..

if Strahan somehow leaves NYG...should Dallas go after him?

Go Cowboys

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Strahan is coming off a nagging injury and is aging and is looking to recoup the millions he lost in his divorce.
Let the skins overpay for him. Remember Bruce Smith as a Commander?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
EPL0c0;1394554 said:

Go Cowboys

I would wonder if he could fit in a system like the 3-4. Why experiment with a player that you don't know about durability wise?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
EPL0c0;1394554 said:

Go Cowboys
I say we resign Coakley then trade him for Ed Reed.

:D

Ratmatt

Reaction score
EPL0c0;1394554 said:

Go Cowboys
Dexter Coakley isn't a 3-4 linebacker.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
zrinkill;1394578 said:
Does Dat need an assistant ..... ;)

Yeah... we could hire Coakley as an assistant to Dat.

Then, we could trade him to San Diego for Stewart, straight up. Then, we'd have our defensive coordinator. ;)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I would hate to see strahan with a star on his helmet. I literally would vomit if that happened. I can't stand that gap tooth sandwitch bit spitting blowhard.
MORE MEAT!!!! Ya mike I bet you do want more meat. I can't stand that guy.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Strahan is a perfect fit at 4-3 DE. He's not quick enough to play OLB in the 3-4 and not big enough to play DE in the 3-4. So, ask yourself if Strahan is so good that if we get him, we want to switch to the 4-3? At this point, the answer is no.

There was a time when I would have given a significant body part to get Strahan in Cowboys uniform, but that was quite a while ago.

Coakley is still 5-10, still 230-someodd lbs, only now he's old, too. Great guy, not going to make a big impact on the football field. Dexter, you had a great career, and you've been immortalized on the Monopoly Dallas Cowboys edition. Not bad for a kid out of Appalachian State, huh?

proline

Reaction score
flashback;1396964 said:
Strahan is a perfect fit at 4-3 DE. He's not quick enough to play OLB in the 3-4 and not big enough to play DE in the 3-4. So, ask yourself if Strahan is so good that if we get him, we want to switch to the 4-3? At this point, the answer is no.

I don't want Strahan .... but IMO he is at least quicker than Ellis. What does that say about our SOLB position .....:(

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I would have loved to get Strahan about 5 years ago but not now. He doesn't fit the 3-4 anyway.

Coakley is a great guy and was one of my favorite players when he was here but he also doesn't fit the 3-4 and isn't what he once was.

So that would be: No and No.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EPL0c0;1394554 said:

Go Cowboys

no to both...niether fit our defense

David

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
flashback;1396964 said:

There was a time when I would have given a significant body part to get Strahan in Cowboys uniform, but that was quite a while ago.

Coakley is still 5-10, still 230-someodd lbs, only now he's old, too. Great guy, not going to make a big impact on the football field. Dexter, you had a great career, and you've been immortalized on the Monopoly Dallas Cowboys edition. Not bad for a kid out of Appalachian State, huh?

Coakley should just retire and with those eyes i think he has a future as a spy plane or something.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
EPL0c0;1394554 said:

Go Cowboys

No and No.

zeromaster

Reaction score
stealth;1396941 said:
I would hate to see strahan with a star on his helmet. I literally would vomit if that happened. I can't stand that gap tooth sandwitch bit spitting blowhard.
MORE MEAT!!!! Ya mike I bet you do want more meat. I can't stand that guy.
Don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think...
:D