Dexter Coakley

alancdc

Reaction score
I know this isn't relevant to the Cowboys, but don't you know Dexter Coakley is sitting somewhere smiling today after his Appalachin State Mountaneers football team just pulled off the biggest upset in college football history? Classy guy, and I hate the way his career has ended.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Can we trade him for someone? How about for Aaron Glenn, I hear he is available.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
alancdc;1617908 said:
I know this isn't relevant to the Cowboys, but don't you know Dexter Coakley is sitting somewhere smiling today after his Appalachin State Mountaneers football team just pulled off the biggest upset in college football history? Classy guy, and I hate the way his career has ended.

Yep. Loved Dex. That App State win over Michigan yesterday was classic! :lmao: I'm sure he was, and still is, eating that up with a silver spoon.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
alancdc;1617908 said:

while it was an upset...I don't believe that would even make a top 10

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1617961 said:
What are you smoking???

oh you little kids do this every year and think that the latest is always the greatest......

I can think of quite a few that were bigger upsets right off the top of my head...how about this one 1999 when Minnesota beat #2 penn state in happy valley

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjemC5yKwEc

of course this was called the greatest upset of all time which it was not...

or how about in 1913 when a little ole school ND beat the might Army which probably was the greatest upset of all time

November 1
1913: In a game that serves as the school's springboard to national prominence, Notre Dame shock's Army 35-13 on the plains of West Point. Quarterback Gus Dorais and end Knute Rockne help to popularize use of the forward pass by introducing it as a staple of their offense. The forward pass had been legal for seven years, but until this game, most of the eastern teams had viewed the aerial mode of attack at worst as gimmickry, at best as unnecessarily risky.

you guys really crack me up....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1617961 said:
What are you smoking???
well michigan was rated way too high anyways. they lost there whole defense and chad henne is the new drew deadslow

Connection20

Reaction score
Zaxor;1617984 said:
oh you little kids do this every year and think that the latest is always the greatest......

I can think of quite a few that were bigger upsets right off the top of my head...how about this one 1999 when Minnesota beat #2 penn state in happy valley

or how about in 1913 when a little ole school ND beat the might Army which probably was the greatest upset of all time

November 1
1913: In a game that serves as the school's springboard to national prominence, Notre Dame shock's Army 35-13 on the plains of West Point. Quarterback Gus Dorais and end Knute Rockne help to popularize use of the forward pass by introducing it as a staple of their offense. The forward pass had been legal for seven years, but until this game, most of the eastern teams had viewed the aerial mode of attack at worst as gimmickry, at best as unnecessarily risky.

Thanks for the history lesson, now let me give you one. No 1-AA team, has ever beat a ranked Division 1 team...EVER. Yeah, there have been plenty of upsets among teams in division1 , but nothing like this has ever happened. Have you ever watched a div 1 team take on a 1-AA live? Its silly, its like watching Varsity take on 8th graders just in terms of size, not to mention skill, coaching, facilities, money. There is a reason this has never happened before in 100+ years of college football. Guys like you, crack me up.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Connection20;1618002 said:
Thanks for the history lesson, now let me give you one. No 1-AA team, has ever beat a ranked Division 1 team...EVER. Yeah, there have been plenty of upsets among teams in division1 , but nothing like this has ever happened. Have you ever watched a div 1 team take on a 1-AA live? Its silly, its like watching Varsity take on 8th graders just in terms of size, not to mention skill, coaching, facilities, money. There is a reason this has never happened before in 100+ years of college football. Guys like you, crack me up.

are we talking about the same 1-aa that was formed in 1978?

alancdc

Reaction score
Zaxor;1617984 said:

November 1

Maybe because a D 2 school has NEVER, again for the slow, NEVER beaten a RANKED D 1 team. If that isn't the biggest upset EVER I don't know what would qualify. Certainly not 2 Big 10 teams that play every year man.

mmetzger

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I remember about 7 or 8 years ago Nebraska was ranked #1 and seemed to be National Champ game bound and then all of a sudden, the last game before the Big 12 Championship game, Colorado beat them really badly. Something like 50-13. And that was at the end of the year when everyone had actually seen that they were legit, it wasn't just riding on pre-season hype. This upset is sweet, but getting blown out of proportion big time.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
THUMPER;1617955 said:
Can we trade him for someone? How about for Aaron Glenn, I hear he is available.
Even better, we could trade for Marco Rivera.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Connection20;1618002 said:

Exactly. That was a huge upset. Being a Michigan fan, pretty much, sick and tired of Loydd Carr now and especially Chad Henne. He is a Crappy Qb.

Loydd Carr has now become like Bill Parcells. Stuck in his own way and keeps sticking to his Crappy QBs and excusing his play.

Unfortunately Drew Henson was the last good Qb to play for Michigan. And he probably would have mounted to something if played Football instead of Baseball. Now he will be judged as a guy who miserably in both sports.

I guess/Hope Carr is gone at the end of season. And I hope one coaching at LSU will return to his alma mater :)

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
alancdc;1618019 said:
Maybe because a D 2 school has NEVER, again for the slow, NEVER beaten a RANKED D 1 team. If that isn't the biggest upset EVER I don't know what would qualify. Certainly not 2 Big 10 teams that play every year man.
App State is not a D2 School. They are a FCS school (formerly D1-AA) which is a level above D2

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
hairic;1618028 said:
It's not that big of an upset to me, seeing as how App. State has won their last two national championships.

http://www.goasu.com/article/10092/

Michigan basically lost to the best team in Div 1-aa.

App State is definitely not your average run of the mill Div-1AA school. It's still a remarkable event nevertheless.

Respectfully,

Devil's Advocate