Dexter McCluster

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
Every time I think of McCluster I think of Desean jackson. Being a LSU fan, I watched McCluster the last four years at ole Miss and I think he's the real deal.
I don't know how high I'd draft him, but I can see him contibuting on punt and kick-off returns, out of the back field and as a receiver.
I know we need to address the Oline, but McCluster would be a dynamic weapon on our turf.
Thoughts?

Reaction score
im a great fan of him, but he doesnt have the hands of desean and has played rb.

I do think his stock will rise too high for us after the combine and other work outs. Esp with recent sucess of Harvin and Chris johnson to a lesser extent..

Reaction score
the truth of it all;3262543 said:
im a great fan of him, but he doesnt have the hands of desean and has played rb.

I do think his stock will rise too high for us after the combine and other work outs. Esp with recent sucess of Harvin and Chris johnson to a lesser extent..

then if worst comes to worst he'll be there in the 1st when we pick. I doubt that would be considered a reach after he impresses at combine and workouts. I just hope we come away with ether tate or mccluster on O. That would make my draft.

Malcolm Kelly

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3262602 said:
[/b]

then if worst comes to worst he'll be there in the 1st when we pick. I doubt that would be considered a reach after he impresses at combine and workouts. I just hope we come away with ether tate or mccluster on O. That would make my draft.

I really hope that the Cowboys strongly consider taking CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best, or Dexter McCluster in the draft. If Felix Jones gets hurt, then Miles Austin will be the only offensive player the Cowboys will have with great speed. Having a home run hitter on offense is huge because it gets you some easy points. I think any of these three guys would take our offense to another level. Spiller and Best are great kick off and punt returners and at least McCluster has the potential to be great at that. The Cowboys have been looking for an elite kickoff and punt returner for years. Those three players could be stars in the NFL and I would hate for Jerry to be kicking himself a few years from now if he passes them over and they become stars. Just look at how valuable Felix is to the Cowboys. Explosive playmakers can make a huge difference to the fortunes of an NFL team. Mardy Gilyard is another player who I really like and he is a great kickoff and punt returner as well.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

Doesn't have the hands of Desean? :laugh1:

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
how about character? Jackson is a punk, which is why teams passed on him--either he is rowing up or he will be in trouble with the NFL soon

The Realist

Reaction score
I don't get the McCluster love.

We already have more guys than we can get the ball to on a regular basis.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
That's the guy I was thinking McCluster reminds me of. I haven't seen enough of him to know how he'd translate to WR, but IMO he'd be more dangerous out of the backfield than Harvin.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Malcolm Kelly;3262746 said:
I really hope that the Cowboys strongly consider taking CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best, or Dexter McCluster in the draft. If Felix Jones gets hurt, then Miles Austin will be the only offensive player the Cowboys will have with great speed. Having a home run hitter on offense is huge because it gets you some easy points. I think any of these three guys would take our offense to another level. Spiller and Best are great kick off and punt returners and at least McCluster has the potential to be great at that. The Cowboys have been looking for an elite kickoff and punt returner for years. Those three players could be stars in the NFL and I would hate for Jerry to be kicking himself a few years from now if he passes them over and they become stars. Just look at how valuable Felix is to the Cowboys. Explosive playmakers can make a huge difference to the fortunes of an NFL team. Mardy Gilyard is another player who I really like and he is a great kickoff and punt returner as well.

This one intrigues me some, we need a speedy return guy to throw in the mix.