Dez’s post on Instagram today

Mannix

Reaction score
Why did we draft two (2) RB's, when we could have just resigned Norm Granger?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
If Witten and company give their blessings to sign Dez for the vet min why not create some competition in TC at the WR spot. We have our #1 and Jerry would sign off on it as his “take a chance feel good move”. Either way we will have a good chance to take the division. I’m not gonna play a side like I said I feel comfortable with draft at least.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Maybe so, but Dez can still high point the ball with the best of them, and would solve some of the red zone problems.

Dez hasn't been like the best of them for a while, but he still brings something we need in the red zone.

Could get some of that from Hurns or Wilson though. If he were a guy from another team who came with little guaranteed money, I'd be for it. But I don't see Garrett going for it regardless.

That Dez is still available is not a good sign for him. He should be with a team, getting coached, and getting prepared, by the people he's actually going to work with come the season.

Article on Dez speculating if he's retiring:
https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advice/nj/former-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-to-retire-nfl-weekend
  • But on Thursday night, Bryant posted on ominous sub-tweet: "Sometimes the only way to win is not to play the game."

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So he was moving slow before a year off, and now after an Achilles, that generally takes another year to come back from we expect him to help how again?

It does seem a little soon to be back from the Achilles injury.

I was hoping, for his sake, that the Achilles injury would give him a face saving way of just walking away from the game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe so, but Dez can still high point the ball with the best of them, and would solve some of the red zone problems.
You have got to be kidding me. He can't do it any more that's one of the reasons the Cowboys cut him. The rest of the league knows it also. The tape doesn't lie. There is a reason he is still a free agent.

plasticman

Reaction score
I look back sometimes at the "reclamation jobs" that actually made it and it can be something special.

Guys like Doug Williams, Jim Plunket and Trent Dilfer went from NFL pergatory to NFL champions. Plaxico Burress caught a Super Bowl winning TD after being cut from the Steelers on weapons charges.

Some of these guys grew up just in time so you never know. There is a probability that exists, small as it is, Dez could have something left that ends up being the difference.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Some of these guys grew up just in time so you never know. There is a probability that exists, small as it is, Dez could have something left that ends up being the difference.

Which is pretty much nothing left.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Ship has sailed....
Yup, Ship sailed off, couldn't find a Charter, when it finally did, it immediately hit a sand-bar and is currently awaiting Marine Salvage Assessors to see if it's worth salvaging.
I think They'll conclude that the engine is knackered, the hull is held together by rust and the prop makes a really annoying whining noise.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All together now....lets zoom up to 2019

Dez couldn't play in the CFL

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
When Dez Bryant suits up as a starting WR for the Cowboys that means we are out of the race for the playoffs and something seriously wrong with the starters has come about - season ending injuries.