Dez aka X factor

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Then why did he immediately become unusable when Dak arrived?

Yes, he was better than those others I listed, but he was still a product of Romo.
More of an indictment on Dak's inability to be honest.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Dez was largely a product of Romo, just like Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, and others.
I appreciate a good lifting comment about Tony, but Dez was a beast in his prime either way. They complimented each other nicely for sure.

erod

Reaction score
I appreciate a good lifting comment about Tony, but Dez was a beast in his prime either way. They complimented each other nicely for sure.
Dez was at his peak during Romo's last year on the field. The next year and on, he was crap. This is not a coincidence.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Dez was at his peak during Romo's last year on the field. The next year and on, he was crap. This is not a coincidence.
Nah, injuries made him lose his explosiveness, and he couldn't separate at all afterwards. His last great season was 2014. He went down hill quickly after that.

erod

Reaction score
Nah, injuries made him lose his explosiveness, and he couldn't separate at all afterwards. His last great season was 2014. He went down hill quickly after that.
His downfall occured when the back shoulder and high-point throws were no longer possible with the new quarterback, who didn't have that in his arsenal.

Cebrin

Reaction score
His downfall occured when the back shoulder and high-point throws were no longer possible with the new quarterback, who didn't have that in his arsenal.
You're kidding, right? Dez was a nightmare in the open field early on. Once that faded he became a one trick Pony and the entire league caught on to it.