Video: Dez at the Star today?

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I'm not interested in Dez. He is not even on the team and creating a circus out of this.

Is this a DFW circle? I've not seen anyone mention it at all except for here. There's a ton of former NFL players that put together workout tapes in hopes for a shot. There's reasons not to sign Dez of course, but I can think of 5 other topics more worthy of being called a circus in this organization right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Is this a DFW circle? I've not seen anyone mention it at all except for here. There's a ton of former NFL players that put together workout tapes in hopes for a shot. There's reasons not to sign Dez of course, but I can think of 5 other topics more worthy of being called a circus in this organization right now.

Dez has gone to media about playing TE and has constantly talked since he was released, I don't hate the guys just want to move on from headcase players.

DRella

Reaction score
I would be all for trying Dez at TE. On running downs have someone like Jarwin or Schultz in there. On passing downs put Dez in there. Would be a nightmare for LBs to cover.

MetalMike

Reaction score
I don't know. Most likely the Cowboys could sign him relatively cheap and use him as a TE, WR, in the slot, backfield (extra blocker for Dak). Move him around to throw off the defense. Why not try. If he doesn't cut it, then he gets cut. Simple.

starfan1

Reaction score
They brought Witten back and he fit that shoe.

Yeah, they need to give Dez a shot... besides they need a man returning punts. X
Dez dont need to be returning punts at this point. I wouldn't be opposed to a dez return as long asyou still have a number 1.Id even be ok with TE if he put on some weight and blocked ok

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I did the tour of the Star this season (finally - last few times I couldn’t get tickets, they sell out months in advance). One thing they pointed out was that the practice facility was open to both active players and ex-players. They pointed out that Charles Haley stops by regularly, for example.

So, either he made a mistake when he put the location OR he’s an ex-player taking advantage of the facility.

By the way, I just don’t get the hate on Dez by you Cowboys Zoners. He’s a Cowboy For Life. He bleeds blue, and he desperately wants back on this team. Isn’t that what we want? How many players walk for money and we blast them; here we have a player who lives and dies with this team and wants to wear the star, and you’re going to kill him for it?

Dez wants to be a situational player who scores red zone touchdowns. I see no problem with bringing him back to do that. If you follow the guy on twitter then you know he has been humbled. He had to step away from the game to get his mind right and he has done that.

I would welcome him back with open arms.

I would welcome him back, pick him each morning, drive him to practice and get his coffee for him. Love Dez.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dez has gone to media about playing TE and has constantly talked since he was released, I don't hate the guys just want to move on from headcase players.
He never said he wanted to play TE - he said he wanted Witten's role. Big difference.

What he means is that he can play in the red zone and move the sticks in the middle of the field with the underneath stuff. He doesn't mean he's going to get in a 3-point and block DEs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't alot of fans hate Dez. A few do. But I think its contentious when people point out that he wasnt the same player he was during his prime. And we have very good reason to be skeptical that he is able to be a productive player anymore
Romo in his prime throwing to Dez vs a rookie Dak???? we really have to question why Dez's production went down?
Put Randy Moss in that sorry Raiders team.. didnht his production fall of the table? right before he went to NE and had one of the greatest season in NFL history?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He never said he wanted to play TE - he said he wanted Witten's role. Big difference.

What he means is that he can play in the red zone and move the sticks in the middle of the field with the underneath stuff. He doesn't mean he's going to get in a 3-point and block DEs.

Sorry others can want him on the team I don't. I don't care for the guy and he gets over hyped here. His play was poor towards the end and can't handle his own emotions. Again others like him fine, yet I do not see any NFL teams wasting their time pursuing him. I find it funny Jerry takes crap for getting idiots like this and fans holler yet the same fans would bring him back if they had their way.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You know what? I don't hate the thought of Dez coming back to show what he has left, if anything. I have to give everyone a bit of a pardon if they played under Garrett.
As we all know now..

Jerrah risked this team's success by allowing so many decisions to cover Garrett's problems.

I would absolutely give Dez a chance to prove he can play. If you can bring back Witten after his mistake to go to MNF..

if you can keep Lee despite his age and declining play..

Dez is the Franchise leader in receiving for us. That includes a ton of great receivers in our history.

You do not sign him if he can still play?

Are you kidding?

Here is where we see if McCarthy really means what he says when he says he is now the protector of the Star.

So now prove it

Fix this major mistake in our history.

Sign Dez and get him ready for mini camp.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is a guy that wanted to draft Johnny Cocaine over the best G in football. A couple years after that draft he doubled down on that view. That’s crazy!!!
If he wanted Johnny so bad, he would have drafted Johnny. See, when you are the boss, you do whatever the hell you want to do, and all of the employees under him will smile and like it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sorry others can want him on the team I don't. I don't care for the guy and he gets over hyped here. His play was poor towards the end and can't handle his own emotions. Again others like him fine, yet I do not see any NFL teams wasting their time pursuing him. I find it funny Jerry takes crap for getting idiots like this and fans holler yet the same fans would bring him back if they had their way.
Ok fine. But he never said he wanted to play TE....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
only Jerry gets "Idiots?" ever hear of AB? i dont hear many people blasting Tomlin who covered up tons of crap AB did.

What about Billy boy and Kraft? They took a huge gamble on Hernandez..... why? because they thought the talent was worth it.

Dez bryant OVER HYPED? Im pretty sure he lived up to that hype while he was in Dallas.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If they gave that moron fat turd Rico a chance at tight end they can surely give Dez another chance. Yes he played poorly late in his career but let’s be honest Dak was throwing him some terrible passes.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Fans want to win.

They also grouse about signing Witten and Lee last year saying they were progress stoppers.

They were not. Both contributed with important plays.

I am not in love with Dez but I am in the team.

Let's try to be honest about our team needing a lot more help.

Witten is gone now..We will not replace that easily.

Our current TEs and receivers probably reached their max contributions in 2019.

Now you add more if you can to replace Wittens lost 700 TDs.

It's not even a thing you think twice about.

When I think about adding Dez to our current receivers..

OMG.

There are going to be some broken coverages in the other defenses in 2020.

Yep.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
only Jerry gets "Idiots?" ever hear of AB? i dont hear many people blasting Tomlin who covered up tons of crap AB did.

What about Billy boy and Kraft? They took a huge gamble on Hernandez..... why? because they thought the talent was worth it.

Dez bryant OVER HYPED? Im pretty sure he lived up to that hype while he was in Dallas.

Sure other teams have had their share of headcases, it can happen to all. I am one who likes Jerry but not afraid to say what I disagree with. People talk about the culture well part of the culture problem is players not being held accountable on and off the field. Gregory why is he still here? He was drafted 5 years ago and has been suspended more games than he has played. As for Dez yet early on he did very well for this team, Dallas moved on and I would just as soon leave it that way. If your trying to convince me to feel otherwise hang it up, convince yourself this is a great move I don't think it is at all.