Dez "Believers"

Verdict

Reaction score
This is not a bash Dez supporters thread. I know some of you hold out hope for him, which in some ways is admirable.

What would it take for you as a Dez fan to accept the fact that he is done (assuming he is actually done). Will it take the Cowboys cutting him for you to write him off? Will his stats have to drop off further?

Would we have to get someone like Rogers to replace Dek? Keep in mind I was once a Dez fan too.

For me the contract signing really didn't set very well with me because I did not see him as a top 5 guy. But quite honestly I thought he would be better than he has been since he signed his contract. Dez sideline antics when we were winning, and failing to recognize the game situation in the Green Bay Games really soured me on him too.

Are any of you ride or die type of fans for Dez?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
When he talked about not being entirely focused at times last season, didn't exactly extend endearment and heartfelt well wishes from his fan faithful,,,I guess to completely wash the hands clean of him would be something like a complete helmet slinging, clip board slapping sideline tirade of fission critical meltdown level,,, as long as he puts his head down & bows up on game day the fans that count(JERRY) HE'S untouchable.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I like Dez and always have, but at this point in time Dez's salary and production are not matching up. He's overpaid. If Dez refuses the pay cut I'd let him leave. But if Dez accepts the pay cut, I would include some incentives in the deal to help keep his head in the game. He's an emotional guy and after a paycut, he might just go flat without the incentives.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Ah, Dez thread # 67,336. Just what I was waiting for. I think it is time to post this very important message.

If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you!

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15! PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.​

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too. Can you raed this? Olny 55 people out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the
hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the
ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!​

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ah, Dez thread # 67,336. Just what I was waiting for. I think it is time to post this very important message.

If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you!

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15! PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.​

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too. Can you raed this? Olny 55 people out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the
hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the
ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!​
I read it now what?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is not a bash Dez supporters thread. I know some of you hold out hope for him, which in some ways is admirable.

What would it take for you as a Dez fan to accept the fact that he is done (assuming he is actually done). Will it take the Cowboys cutting him for you to write him off? Will his stats have to drop off further?

Would we have to get someone like Rogers to replace Dek? Keep in mind I was once a Dez fan too.

For me the contract signing really didn't set very well with me because I did not see him as a top 5 guy. But quite honestly I thought he would be better than he has been since he signed his contract. Dez sideline antics when we were winning, and failing to recognize the game situation in the Green Bay Games really soured me on him too.

Another lonely night for you. Trolling for human contact.

Jake0

Reaction score
I'd accept Dez being done if he goes to another team with a passing oriented offense with a good QB and he struggles there.

For Dallas, if they get a speed receiver to compliment him and Dak actually shows he doesn't suck, I'm more than willing to put the blame on Dez being done if he still struggles.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I simply do not believe most of the bash Dez posters are very rational fans. I would say through my years on this earth most people are not very rational in general.

Anyway to answer your question, let me first explain why I believe Dez still has it, and can be a valuble assett to this team.

In 1999, The San Francisco 49'ers lost the great Steve Young to a career ending cuncussion after 3 games. This after coming off I believe a 12-4 season in which Terrell Owens had a 67 rec, 1,097 yards, 14 TD's, 17 (20+), 4 (40+) 52 FD's campaign.

That season (1999), Terrell Owens took a step back statistically with the insertion of Jeff Garcia, and ended that season with 60 rec, 754 yards, 4 TD's, 12 (20+), 0 (40+), 36 FD's

The following season (2000), Jeff Garcia and Owens found the connection, and Owens erupted for 97 rec 1,451 yards, 13 TD's, 23 (20+) 5 (40+) 65 FD's

So the point being, even Owens and Garcia failed to get on the same page initially, and let me tell ya... Kellen Moore, Matt Cassel and Brandon Weeden, sure as heck ain't no Jeff Garcia, much less Steve Young. So what kind of stats would you presume Bryant to have with some Brown's castoff type quarterbacks?

Also, as has already been beat to death, Bryant had some injuries during this time. Remember most of you are the same folks that had written off Demarcus Lawerence because of his production/injury regardless of me telling you to wait and using rational thinking. Well take a good look at yourself in the mirror now.

Now do I feel as confident about Bryant returning to form "statistically", as I did about Lawerence. No, but that is only because alot of that depends on Dak not throwing the ball all over the place, coupled with the Cowboys "properly" addressing this O-line so we don't run into last years problems again as well as adding a speed element to this offense. You know that "identifying your actual problems thing" winning teams do.

To answer your question more directly, I say another year. I'm sure Dez will be more focused and not have as many dropped passes from trying to do to much. That really has never been Dez prior to last season. Let's see if the Cowboys can fix that O-line, incorporate a speed element, and work on Daks read and passing mechanics. If those things happen I suspect Dez will have a big season.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

You ready to put down your projection on the stats yet? If he lost it, most certainly it should be <6tds ! and and anything else should be worse than 2017 right?

Maybe you can make another thread about it

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Personally, I think the love affair with Dez is crazy. He has aldehyde been overhyped by some fans, even between 2012-2014 when his stats were great.

That’s said, he isn’t “done” and I don’t think he is overpaid anymore due to then market on WRs being reset this free agency season. I think he needs to get his head on straight and correct his mistakes.

As a Dez hater because I don’t excuse every one of his mistakes, I think a better question to the Dezzies is “when are you going to stop making excuses for him and want Dez to improve on what he can control?”

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Will cutting Dez stop the threads about him from being posted here? I'm just tired of talking about him. The Cowboys don't need his underperforming yet another season so I'm done with him... he is what he is at this point. I wish him all the luck in the world on another team, except one in the NFC East.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
For me the contract signing really didn't set very well with me because I did not see him as a top 5 guy.

2012 – 1,382 yards, 12 TD's
2013 – 1,233 yards, 13 TD's
2014 – 1,320 yards, 16 TD's

He got a new contract going into the 2015 season.

So you're saying, after three years of those numbers, you didn't think he was a "Top 5 receiver" (whatever that even means) and didn't like that he got paid, but still claim you were a fan of his?

Ok. :rolleyes:

It's okay to admit you've been a career Dez hater, we'll still love you.