Dez Bryant a future HOF'ER?

lqmac1

Reaction score
I fully believe this will come true one day 15 years from now. A first ballot at that. My belief is that he'll go down as one of the greatest to ever do it, too. Thoughts?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Way, way, way....... too early. He definitely has the talent and skills but that achievement will take more than those alone. He needs to string together great seasons. I think his chances are greater than not though.

dstovall5

Reaction score
o_O

Dez has only put up one great season so far in his first 3 years, so I would ease off on the HoF a bit. He has a ton of talent, but to talk of the HoF when he's only had 1 great year is a bit premature, don't you think? To even be considered he's going to have to have 6-8 great years, yet alone one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I fully believe this will come true one day 15 years from now. A first ballot at that. My belief is that he'll go down as one of the greatest to ever do it, too. Thoughts?

Barring an injury that cut his career short I think Dez has the talent to achieve anything he wants if he is willing to remain dedicated to the game. One thing I have seen from the greats is they never settle and they constantly work hard on their craft.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm excited about Dez too but let's tap the brakes he hasn't even made his first pro bowl yet. With the talk about Romo getting into the HOF it's clear some FANS don't seem to understand what an elite honor the HOF is.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm looking forward to that stretch of years. Dez, Sean Lee and Murray getting inducted in the same year, with T. Smith, Carter, Arkin, Harris, Claiborne, M. Johnson, Coale and Hanna all going in over the following few seasons. Those will be some fun HOF induction ceremonies!

perrykemp

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to that stretch of years. Dez, Sean Lee and Murray getting inducted in the same year, with T. Smith, Carter, Arkin, Harris, Claiborne, M. Johnson, Coale and Hanna all going in over the following few seasons. Those will be some fun HOF induction ceremonies!

I don't know if this is sarcasm or over the top optimism... however, I like it :).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One injury can change everything. Talk like this is premature.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Say what?

Anything can happen but talent wise yes Dez has what it takes to be a HOF player. I felt the same way about many former Cowboy players some are in the HOF right now and some should be in but never once backed away from watching them and knowing they were HOF caliber as is Dez

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anything can happen but talent wise yes Dez has what it takes to be a HOF player. I felt the same way about many former Cowboy players some are in the HOF right now and some should be in but never once backed away from watching them and knowing they were HOF caliber as is Dez

It takes more than talent to get into the HOF. Have to show production. He certainly has the physical talent but the jury is still out on whether he can maintain his current good behavior. All signs are positive but to say he's going to the HOF at this point in his career is premature.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It takes more than talent to get into the HOF. Have to show production. He certainly has the physical talent but the jury is still out on whether he can maintain his current good behavior. All signs are positive but to say he's going to the HOF at this point in his career is premature.

I understand but I'm not taking a cautious approach why should I? I understand the type of players in the HOF hell I been watching this game since 1965. Premature maybe so but I will show faith in these players regardless if anyone else does or not. Could I be wrong sure but if I error I error on the side of Dez.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I'm excited about Dez too but let's tap the brakes he hasn't even made his first pro bowl yet. With the talk about Romo getting into the HOF it's clear some FANS don't seem to understand what an elite honor the HOF is.

Agreed on all points, but I don't think pro bowl is a noteworthy award anymore, especially after this year (yuck).

erod

Reaction score
No.

There are 100 guys that come into the league with this kind of expecations, and about 1-2 get there.

He could get hurt. He could go astray. He could play much of his career with crappy QBs when Romo's gone. Anything could happen.

Imagine if Emmitt was drafted by the Seahawks. He'd be just another Chris Warren or Curt Warner.

Too many ifs.

But maybe. Sure.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's so early that it's not even worth thinking about.

I will give him credit for where he's at right now though. Hope it continues. If I were him, I'd be stalking Michael Irvin. Picking his brain for everything I could.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Warren Sapp made it. It's not that elite. LOL.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder if Dez will get hit by a beer truck on his way to training camp tomorrow?

Let's see what the man does for the rest of his career first.

Come on, man....!