Dez Bryant a future HOF'ER?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Agreed on all points, but I don't think pro bowl is a noteworthy award anymore, especially after this year (yuck).

The pro bowl "game" has become a joke and appears to be on the way out but getting named to the pro bowl is a noteworthy honor and is always included in the list of accomplishments of HOF players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Warren Sapp made it. It's not that elite. LOL.

I don't like Warren Sapp either but he was a great player and deserved to be voted into the HOF. His 96.5 career sacks are the second highest for a DT.

superpunk

Reaction score
This entire thread is typical (DAE think Dez is HOF someday?????? WHOA SLOW YOUR ROLL SON I REALIZE I OPENED A COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL THREAD BUT I'M GONNA MISS THE POINT AND JUST SAY IT'S TOO EARLY LOL I'M SUCH A REALIST)

Probably not. Look at the WRs who are already getting snubbed. You are going to need to have GOD numbers from here on out to make the HOF as a WR, and soon as a QB.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Tap the brakes, long road ahead for Dez. He's got the talent but needs to show it consistently for several/many more years before HOF consideration

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
It's so early that it's not even worth thinking about.

I will give him credit for where he's at right now though. Hope it continues. If I were him, I'd be stalking Michael Irvin. Picking his brain for everything I could.

I love Irvin as a player. But the guy is trouble. There is no way to say it without sounding like a jerk.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like Warren Sapp either but he was a great player and deserved to be voted into the HOF. His 96.5 career sacks are the second highest for a DT.

He and John Randle were the best I've ever seen in terms of rushing from the interior.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He clearly has the talent. Time will tell. Won't lose sleep thinking about it.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Dez... a member of the Cowboys 20XX Superbowl Champs, beyond that, do you really care that much?

dstovall5

Reaction score
I love Irvin as a player. But the guy is trouble. There is no way to say it without sounding like a jerk.

Doesn't matter if the guy is trouble or not. Dez can still pick his brain and learn A LOT from Irvin about the WR position. Honestly, most of the football guys are "trouble", they're just athletes and people want to turn them into role models - when they're not.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He and John Randle were the best I've ever seen in terms of rushing from the interior.

Both very dominant.

The best pass rushing DT I've seen was Alan Page. Unofficially the guy racked up 148.5 sacks from the DT spot.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard for WR's to break into the Hall. You have to rack up some hellacious numbers and still you may not make it on the first go-around.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both very dominant.

The best pass rushing DT I've seen was Alan Page. Unofficially the guy racked up 148.5 sacks from the DT spot.

Yeah, I'm talking modern era. I'm sure there are some from that era that belong in the discussion.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter if the guy is trouble or not. Dez can still pick his brain and learn A LOT from Irvin about the WR position. Honestly, most of the football guys are "trouble", they're just athletes and people want to turn them into role models - when they're not.

There couldn't be a better tutor, IMO. Not only does Mike know the intangibles that can make a player great, he also knows what it's like to be the featured wideout for the Dallas Cowboys and all that goes along with it.

I don't know what the trouble thing is all about. I think he's a good influence on Dez.

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
Bryant has to make a few pro bowls first to even be in consideration....... WR is pretty crowded for HOF votes right now....... He really impressed me last year, now he has to shine consistently IMO

coult44

Reaction score
Can he please help us just win a playoff game first?

venky

Reaction score
He has Hall of Fame talent, but you need a Hall of Fame resume to get in, which he doesn't have (yet?).

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Good Lord, Dez is barely out of the crib so lets just give him a tad more time, shall we? WTH, I say HOF'ER. :D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He has all the talent in the world. So technically speaking if he can use that talent, and potential, and do with it what it appears he can do then yeah he could in theory make it.

It's far to early to have any idea of whether that will happen or not and he's got a long, long, long road ahead of him to do so. As many have already noted it's going to be tough to get in at WR for a long time at this point. Hell Andre Reed and Tim Brown aren't in yet and they both had amazing careers. Then you're going to have guys coming up like Marvin Harrison, Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, TO, Randy Moss, and that's just the people that will be coming up to add to those two prior. Then when you add in the guys that will likely be eligible by the time Dez could even think about this honor you're going to be adding guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Megatron, to that list as well.

Since they're likely only to take 1 a year when they do take WR's, if they even take 1 per year, that's 10 names, at least, who will be fighting to get in, many of which will still likely be trying to get in by the time Dez could.

So many things that could happen that this is very hard to even speculate, with any sort of accuracy, at this point.