Dez Bryant cannot beat double coverage

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Right.

Double coverage.

I think a guy by the name of Bobby Hayes invented that defense with his play.

Before him..never heard the term or saw the scheme played.

If the original 22 could best it..Dez can too.

Not worried about that stuff.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dez Bryant and Tony Romo took advantage of the elite running game last year and torched single coverage. Just go back and watch this video:

Tony Romo is the master at finding the single coverage, and when he sees double coverage he instantly goes to his second read and makes Dez his 3rd or 4th read. So what you see in this video is alot of single coverage, fade/back shoulder in end zone, a couple of defensive breakdowns, and NO TD's against double coverage. Besides a play against Chicago I can't even remember one play last year where he beat double coverage . I just can't help to think how much greater Dez would appear if he had someone like Matt Stafford or '07 Romo throwing him the ball.

Even with that being said Dez didn't do ANYTHING in the playoffs. He has to get better at his route running if he wants to take that next step to be in the category of Megatron, Antonio Brown, and Jordy Nelson. If not, I still think he's a top 5-10 WR but to put him as the 1st or 2nd best WR is ridiculous at this point.

With the running game most likely taking a step back this year, Romo has to put up a few more shots a game so we can see what Dez Bryant is made of.

Dez is double almost every play, sometimes even with 2 CBs

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He doesn't have to, just throw it up he's coming down with it....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So? Why would you try to beat double coverage? If you get double coverage, particularly to the extent New Orleans was throwing out there, that just means you have an easy throw somewhere else.

That's football 101 and that's lost on some people.

Now I don't study the film, and I never will because that's just a waste of perfectly good family/friend/having a life time, but i'm going to make a pretty solid guess that a guy who caught over 80 passes, had over 1300 yards, and lead the league in TD catches with 16 more than likely beat a double team or two during the season.