Dez Bryant cleared to play vs. Miami

Woods

Reaction score
windjc;3520206 said:
Well they will have a better chance. But how good can you really feel about beating up on 2nd and 3rd teamers from Miami?

I think at this stage it's the offense just being on the same page - specifically, the OL picking up stunts, eliminating the pre-snap penalties, the QBs and WRs on the same page, breaking the huddle in time (so as not to have to call time-outs), etc.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
theebs;3519866 said:
garrett said in the locker room last night that he wants to make them play and straighten some stuff out.

I hope somebody can straighten Garrett out.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I know this, if dez plays and the fans know he is going to play by tuesday,....the house will be packed and everyone will be there to see dez.

and knowing the fans of this organization, the fringe fans I guess.....the fastest way for people to get distracted and forget about the problems in the preseason would be to put dez with the 1's and throw him the ball a couple of times..

romo to dez will electrify the place and if he were to score there is no bigger morale booster.

having said that, it seems resting would be the better option.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;3520310 said:
I know this, if dez plays and the fans know he is going to play by tuesday,....the house will be packed and everyone will be there to see dez.

and knowing the fans of this organization, the fringe fans I guess.....the fastest way for people to get distracted and forget about the problems in the preseason would be to put dez with the 1's and throw him the ball a couple of times..

romo to dez will electrify the place and if he were to score there is no bigger morale booster.

Wow, theebs. You must be in my head. This is exactly how I feel.

jzcowboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3520482 said:
Wow, theebs. You must be in my head. This is exactly how I feel.
Maybe you're in his head. Maybe you are in each others head, kind of like a never ending in headedness....

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
After re-watching the game a few times...DO NOT PLAY THE STARTERS!

I don’t think it’s as bad as i originally thought. Sure there are some issues. But some of those issues seem to be with scheme. Why not start game planning against Washington? Let us let these guys focus on the Commanders, not Miami. Spend two weeks getting ready for Washington. If we do that, we will come in prepared which is what i think this team needs.

I would let Bryant suit up and get a feel for the game with the 2nd stringers. Not sure if i would actually throw him a pass, but i would let him run a little.

If you get an injury on thursday, you have no time to prepare. We have all our key players healthy, let’s not be greedy and push our luck.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theebs;3520310 said:

We're clicking today... scary.. It's almost as though we were separated at birth. :muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez needs to get his feet wet in a live game and the team desperately needs a spark heading into the season opener so I say play him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's a nobrainer to play him. He's healthy enough now that reinjuring the ankle is highly unlikely. He only risks a new injury which is acceptable risk.

He needs the time on the field and Romo needs to start to get a feel for him out on routes. I wish they would give him a lot of Williams reps.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Perfect scenario: Miami plays their starters on defense, then on about the 3rd play from scrimmage Romo-to-Dez for 60-yard catch-and-run TD. All starters plus Dez then watch from the sidelines.

Probable Reality: the starters and Dez have a "great weak of practice" and don't play a down.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;3519866 said:
garrett said in the locker room last night that he wants to make them play and straighten some stuff out.

I agree with him. They need the work, bad.

I dont see how anyone can argue against it either.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Play them. Dez needs the work. The offense definitely needs the work. I'd much rather have Dez get accustomed to a real game at home rather than a hostile environment like Washington.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Rest him, but play starters for 3 series or the 1st quarter, whichever comes first.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
jobberone;3520581 said:
It's a nobrainer to play him. He's healthy enough now that reinjuring the ankle is highly unlikely. He only risks a new injury which is acceptable risk.

He needs the time on the field and Romo needs to start to get a feel for him out on routes. I wish they would give him a lot of Williams reps.

Sprains are the easiest of any injury to re-injure. Once you sprain ligaments, they are that much easier to re-injure in the future. Kind of like concussions.

I say rest him. We have little if anything to gain by playing him, and a whole lot to lose.

utrunner07

Reaction score
theebs;3519866 said:

But who is going to straighten Garrett out?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3520702 said:
He seems to think he's gonna play...

DEZ_88

Back in action Thursday night!!!!!

My speedometer

odometer-0808-lg-10425452.jpg

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
He needs gametime reps.

You just want to just throw him to the wolves week 1? lol please.

He's never seen the speed that NFL defenses offer. Let him see it against Miami for a little so he's not shocked when he sees it.