Dez Bryant doesn't show up at Valley Ranch

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Dez Bryant doesn't show up at Valley Ranch

April, 29, 2011

By Calvin Watkins
IRVING -- Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant didn't show up at Valley Ranch on Friday despite telling team owner Jerry Jones he would do so.

In a brief conversation before walking into the Cowboys' War Room, Jones confirmed he didn't speak with Bryant. The Cowboys were hoping to visit with Bryant to discuss some of his off-the-field issues and to check on his surgically repaired ankle, which he broke on Dec. 5.

Read more:http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...nch?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing. Galloway and Mosley were talking a couple days ago about how Dez has been playing full-court basketball at a 24 Hour Fitness in town, and the team trainers weren't too happy about that.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Well... Dez wasn't contractually obligated to meet Jerry just because Jerry wanted him too... He was probably busy harassing mall cops.;)

fortdick

Reaction score
He couldn't get away from the grill at his second job. Got bling to pay off, ya know?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today wasn't mandatory, was it? I'll be concerned if he misses an OTA or something. This could've been an "excused absense" for all we know.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3931022 said:
Today wasn't mandatory, was it? I'll be concerned if he misses an OTA or something. This could've been an "excused absense" for all we know.

When the owner asks to speak with you, it's mandatory.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3931042 said:
When the owner asks to speak with you, it's mandatory.

That request expired about 15 minutes ago:(

Now the team can wait... and hope this kid doesn't tear up a knee playing basketball or do something else silly and get suspended.

Love the lockout :bang2:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
jterrell;3931052 said:
That request expired about 15 minutes ago:(

Now the team can wait... and hope this kid doesn't tear up a knee playing basketball or do something else silly and get suspended.

Love the lockout :bang2:

I imagine he wanted to meet with him when Tony, Witten, etc. were all there this morning.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Theres only one explanation. Its Tony's fault. Obviously the lunch meeting didnt work. Can we still draft Ryan Mallett?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3931057 said:
I imagine he wanted to meet with him when Tony, Witten, etc. were all there this morning.

I am sure he did but now he can't meet with him until we get more legal rulings. Romo met with him the day or so before for lunch.

This kid clearly needs to be managed, us having a lockout is not good with a guy that needs to be sat on. He isn't malicious but he finds trouble and nonsense.

beevomav

Reaction score
I followed Dez on Twitter and from *****ing about having to pay a hundred for a tank of gas to talking street ebonics like a 12 year old, I un-followed his ***. He will be gone sooner rather than later.

BTW..Romo was at the Ranch along with most other "real" players. Dez was at the Mall buying some more shoes.:storm:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
beevomav;3931105 said:
I followed Dez on Twitter and from *****ing about having to pay a hundred for a tank of gas to talking street ebonics like a 12 year old, I un-followed his ***. He will be gone sooner rather than later.

BTW..Romo was at the Ranch along with most other "real" players. Dez was at the Mall buying some more shoes.:storm:

:rolleyes:

Another "new" guy.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
not mandatory they had to get there at 9 and leave my around 11 they close the doors again