News: Dez Bryant heaps praise on young players

gambit187

Reaction score
Noticed it during the game.

He was on the sidelines and trying to fire up the team.

Had flash backs of the playmaker doing that on the sideline.

I thought the same thing...I was like he looks like Irvin firing up the team, hitting shoulder pads and dapping players hands.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Right now, Ware is the face.. You know we can only have one at a time.

In the past 15 years, it was Parcells, then it was Roy (the safety), then Romo, and now Ware. Dez is on the rise, but he hasn't replaced Ware yet as the face of the franchize. When you start seeing him in all the media promos before the game, then he'll be the face.

When they talk about the guy to contain, or when players talk about a guy to stop. It's Dez, with Romo being a close 2nd.

Sorry, but Dez is the face, and the best player on this team.

Ware is just a Vet, who has played to a HOF career. Recently, he is no where as dynamic as Dez. Take Ware out a game, we still can win. Take Dez out, we are screwed to the ends of all Hell.

Dez+Romo=Cowboys.....not Ware+Romo or Ware+Dez

The Natural

Reaction score
When they talk about the guy to contain, or when players talk about a guy to stop. It's Dez, with Romo being a close 2nd.

Ware is just a Vet, who has played to a HOF career. Recently, he is no where as dynamic as Dez. Take Ware out a game, we still can win. Take Dez out, we are screwed to the ends of all Hell.

truth

Venger

Reaction score
Don't get so emotional

Projection - it's an entry on dictionary.com you should visit.

We are talking about player wise. If you wanna cry about it, go lock your self up in the bathroom with a pillow.

I'm not sure the what the clinical diagnosis is for what you are exhibiting here, but I will rally for the cure...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez is a man that is impressionable. Not having a father growing up, he seems to be looking for that mentor/father-figure to look up to. IMO, Irvin maybe filled that void and now Dez is mimicking him. He is a good kid and just wants/needs direction and I firmly believe he has found it. He is having the time of his life out there and it shows.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Projection - it's an entry on dictionary.com you should visit.

I'm not sure the what the clinical diagnosis is for what you are exhibiting here, but I will rally for the cure...

English, Please?

You are getting so emotional, you can't even talk correctly.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Is this the same person people on here were calling a thug and wanting him off the team for wearing his pants too low... Can't be because that person could never be rehabilitated, even though he never committed a crime or did anything wrong. Now he as a result of having positive male influences in his life his light is shining and his true character is coming out. He is a player, and a leader, he just needed someone to show him how to focus his energy in the right and positive direction. He'll still have a few bumps but he will be ok. This is what is called PLAYER DEVELOPMENT for those that like cutting players after the second year for not being Michael, Emmit, Troy, Woodson, Walls, Lett, Haley, Allen, or Witten.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would say Dez is the most popular player in the team. That would be more accurate. But I do agree with you on the promo stuff. I would think that's coming soon. Although he is a shy kid and seems to get nervous when talking I could see that not happening.

I'd agree that he's definitely the most popular among fans. But I'm only speaking from a media and marketing perspective. Ware is the man. It doesn't mean that it won't transition to him this year, but that's how I see it. It's all about marketing and promotion. As his star continues to rise and Ware's declines, then he will be the face.

But until he starts getting those 1-on-1 interviews w/Pam Oliver and other folks before big games, then he won't be the official face of the team. JMO.

Sacrilegous, as it might sound.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Being the best player of the team has nothing to do with being the face of the team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still think Romo is the face of the franchise with Ware a close 2nd. His name is mentioned first in regards to anything Dallas related excluding coaches and owners. It could be negative or positive, but even non-sports fans know who he is.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Being the best player of the team has nothing to do with being the face of the team.

It has a lot to do with it.

Ware was once our best player pound for pound, so in the past, the media has had him as the face in Promos. They still have him there "for now", but that changes later this year, or next. Players, fans, and even media people like NFL Network know it's all about Dez and Romo.

Don't let the start of sunday night football fool you, with Wares face there. At the start of most games they even talk about Dez more than Ware, sooner or later they will catch up/on and you will see Dez and Romo ads(there are already a ton of Romo ads).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has a lot to do with it.

Ware was once our best player pound for pound, so in the past, the media has had him as the face in Promos. They still have him there "for now", but that changes later this year, or next. Players, fans, and even media people like NFL Network know it's all about Dez and Romo.

Don't let the start of sunday night football fool you, with Wares face there. At the start of most games they even talk about Dez more than Ware, sooner or later they will catch up/on and you will see Dez and Romo ads(there are already a ton of Romo ads).
You basically agreed with what I said in a different post. Again, the discussion was that Dez is the face of the franchise and I just said he wasn't right now. Was I wrong?

Is he officially the face based on the parameters I set? Nope, not yet. And as I mentioned before, you don't have to be the best player to be the face of the franchise. In 2003 and 2004, who was the face of the franchise? Parcells...with Roy being a close second.

Frozen700

Reaction score
You basically agreed with what I said in a different post. Again, the discussion was that Dez is the face of the franchise and I just said he wasn't right now. Was I wrong?

Is he officially the face based on the parameters I set? Nope, not yet. And as I mentioned before, you don't have to be the best player to be the face of the franchise. In 2003 and 2004, who was the face of the franchise? Parcells...with Roy being a close second.

I think most people here are talking player Wise.

Technically Jerry is the face of this franchise.

I did not agree with Ware being "the face" of the franchise. I'm just saying you see him in these promo ads, sure. But outside of a small percent of the media, Dez is the most feared, most popular, and most talked about Cowboy.

When you are the face of a franchise, you are the person people think of first when that name is mentioned.

Media can advertise Stafford all they want before games, interviews and all, but when you think lions you think of the quiet guy Calvin Johnson.

When you think Cowboys, it Romo and Dez.

Parts of the media are stuck in the past with Ware, and the fact he's a future HOFer

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most people here are talking player Wise.

Technically Jerry is the face of this franchise.

I did not agree with Ware being "the face" of the franchise. I'm just saying you see him in these promo ads, sure. But outside of a small percent of the media, Dez is the most feared, most popular, and most talked about Cowboy.

When you are the face of a franchise, you are the person people think of first when that name is mentioned.

Media can advertise Stafford all they want before games, interviews and all, but when you think lions you think of the quiet guy Calvin Johnson.

When you think Cowboys, it Romo and Dez.

Parts of the media are stuck in the past with Ware, and the fact he's a future HOFer
Ok.