Dez Bryant: I'll be a steal wherever I go in free agency

zerofill

Reaction score
If he goes somewhere on a deal like Cobb... he may be a steal. Still hard to bring down when he gets the ball. I assume he still has some YAC.

If someone puts him in the clot... I bet he would be a pretty valuable weapon still.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dez is a perfect example of why loud-mouthed, me-first type of receivers are dropped off rosters when they age.

Once their legs are used up, the talent doesn't override the drama anymore, and teams get young cheaper receivers...one of the easiest positions to replace with decent talent.

ghst187

Reaction score
Dez will be a steal alright, he will be stealing someone’s money.
I was a huge Dez fan but stick a fork in him....
He’s about four years now removed from having any explosiveness.
He could’ve modeled his career after Anquan Boldon, when AB got older and lost a step he was still productive for quite a while as a possession WR, however that requires good routes to go with size. Ergo, Dez is done.

nobody

Reaction score
He was a physically gifted receiver.

However, there are factors that suggest he won't be a factor anywhere he goes:

1) His age has lessened his physical gifts.
2) After getting paid by Dallas, he mentally mailed it in. You get paid that much, you don't mentally check out.
3) His refusal/inability to learn good route running. Because of this and number one, he is not one of those receivers that will kill it into their 30's.
4) That injury. It's a rough one to recover from, especially the older you get.
5) His mentality. Not every team can handle how his passion for the game and winning manifests.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong and comes back a totally different player, but I doubt it.