Dez Bryant is already running with the Cowboys' first-team offense

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Dez Bryant is already running with the Cowboys' first-team offense in three-receiver sets at OTAs.

In three-wideout sets, Bryant and Roy Williams are likely out wide with Miles Austin in the slot. This might not be the case if slot receiver Patrick Crayton was around, but Crayton has asked to be released and is boycotting workouts. Either way, the Cowboys are pushing Bryant into a big role early. We don't think he'll struggle to be a top-30 fantasy receiver in year one.
Source: Associated Press

evarc

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3421438 said:
Dez Bryant is already running with the Cowboys' first-team offense in three-receiver sets at OTAs.

In three-wideout sets, Bryant and Roy Williams are likely out wide with Miles Austin in the slot. This might not be the case if slot receiver Patrick Crayton was around, but Crayton has asked to be released and is boycotting workouts. Either way, the Cowboys are pushing Bryant into a big role early. We don't think he'll struggle to be a top-30 fantasy receiver in year one.

Miles Austin the #3? Yea thats about right... Good that he knows his role.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
evarc;3421457 said:
:rolleyes: Roles change depending on the formation. It doesn't mean he's the third receiver on the team.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
evarc;3421457 said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Boyzmamacita;3421623 said:
:rolleyes: Roles change depending on the formation. It doesn't mean he's the third receiver on the team.

Sometimes I wonder if some people know anything about football.
evare - Quarterback read of the coverage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3421441 said:
Yeah this isn't surprising... I mean he's a 1st round pick with super talent.

For the Cowboys it is surprising.

I'd bet Jerry is forcing the coaches hand in this a lot and im glad.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Miles would be a monster in the slot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3421438 said:

I had read in the last OTA that they had Dez, RW and Miles in the 3 WR set with Miles lined up in the slot in these formations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Amazing isn't it that some do not have a clue? As you said this is a formation and within this formation Miles lines up as the slot. In the 2 WR formation Miles is lined up on the outside at the 1 spot.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have a feeling that guy was just taking a shot at our resident 16 year old with a Miles fetish.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So, I guess we can stop tapping the brakes?

Dez Bryant already working out with Cowboys first team

6/2/2010 7:41:50 AM

So far, Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant is living up to expectations. He's already working out with the first team, getting passes thrown his way in a three-receiver alignment alongside Miles Austin and Roy Williams, plus star tight end Jason Witten according to the Dallas Morning News.

"It's crazy - just a lot of weapons at one time on the field," Bryant said. "It's going to be hard to stop. ... It's exciting to be able to be out there with those guys. I felt like coach put me out there for a reason. They're trying to get me to learn everything as soon as possible. I'm doing a good job and it's just great."

"I'm having a lot of fun out there," he said. "I'm having a lot of fun with everything.

"I'm enjoying everything. I feel comfortable. I feel like I've been here a long time. I haven't had this feeling in a long time. I feel like I'm 100 percent back."

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Of course. The Cowboys are going to put him out there whether he's really ready or not. They want him to develop chemistry and get reps with Romo, not Jon Kitna.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;3421683 said:

Dez Bryant already working out with Cowboys first team

6/2/2010 7:41:50 AM

So far, Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant is living up to expectations. He's already working out with the first team, getting passes thrown his way in a three-receiver alignment alongside Miles Austin and Roy Williams, plus star tight end Jason Witten according to the Dallas Morning News.

"It's crazy - just a lot of weapons at one time on the field," Bryant said. "It's going to be hard to stop. ... It's exciting to be able to be out there with those guys. I felt like coach put me out there for a reason. They're trying to get me to learn everything as soon as possible. I'm doing a good job and it's just great."

"I'm having a lot of fun out there," he said. "I'm having a lot of fun with everything.

"I'm enjoying everything. I feel comfortable. I feel like I've been here a long time. I haven't had this feeling in a long time. I feel like I'm 100 percent back."

I don't get the tapping on the brakes myself. I'm not expect Pro bowl or all pro from Dez this season but I know he has the talent to help this team with his athletic ability now as he gains experience these other honors I think will be in his grasp

Galian Beast

Reaction score
i dont know how much he is being forced. By all accounts it seems like the talent he has puts him head and shoulders above the rest. Jenkins says he might be the best receiver we have, and Roy Williams said extremely positive things about how good he is, and can be.

He might not be as polished as the other receivers, but he is probably the most talented, and exactly why you would want him working with the first team and getting reps with Tony as soon as possible.

evarc

Reaction score
proline;3421621 said:
Where did it say that???:confused:

hipfake08;3421624 said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sometimes I wonder if some people know anything about football.
evare - Quarterback read of the coverage.

adbutcher;3421634 said:
:signmast: Just ludicrous.

Yea that was meant for all the Roy and Dez bashers who are making crazy predictions for Miles like T-Ro, R2A and Inman... Just wanted to see how they would react if someone said something crazy like they say. lol

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
evarc;3421752 said:
Yea that was meant for all the Roy and Dez bashers who are making crazy predictions for Miles like T-Ro, R2A and Inman... Just wanted to see how they would react if someone said something crazy like they say. lol

So you're saying you were trolling? So you're saying you're a troll?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile;3421683 said:

Yes, we can.

This is the same as Felix Jones or Demarcus Ware or Mike Jenkins.

These types of coveted guys are going to get to play and play early. They could eventually end up Bobby Carpenter but they will get the chance to prove it one way or the other. Like Jenkins, Dez may not fully hit his stride until year 2 but he will get on the field and get his chances as a rookie.