Dez Bryant is already running with the Cowboys' first-team offense

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
jterrell;3421766 said:
Yes, we can.

This is the same as Felix Jones or Demarcus Ware or Mike Jenkins.

These types of coveted guys are going to get to play and play early. They could eventually end up Bobby Carpenter but they will get the chance to prove it one way or the other. Like Jenkins, Dez may not fully hit his stride until year 2 but he will get on the field and get his chances as a rookie.

No tapping the brakes when talent and ability are evident, and the opportunity is there given the Crayton situation.

If Crayton was there, Dez would probably split reps with him. This is a great situation for Dez - lots of reps with Tony and the first team.
I agree - year one, he'll absorb and learn on the fly. 2nd year - watch out.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
jterrell;3421766 said:
Yes, we can.

These types of coveted guys are going to get to play and play early. They could eventually end up Bobby Carpenter but they will get the chance to prove it one way or the other. Like Jenkins, Dez may not fully hit his stride until year 2 but he will get on the field and get his chances as a rookie.

Thats the thing though. All of those players you mentioned except for DeMarcus Ware didn't get a full chance at a starting job immediately.

Very few rookies have been first team players with us over the recent years.

Dez I think is in a fortunate situation with the behavior and attitude of Crayton. If I were Crayton I would just go to work and make the best of his situation. He isn't increasing his value by being a malcontent.

I do believe Bryant can come in and contribute right away like a DeMarcus Ware though, and thats what excited me about this years team. We have some rookie, second year, and third year, and fourth year players who can really step up to the plate and help us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell;3421766 said:
Yes, we can.

JT, IMNSHO (understatement), he is going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL within 2 years. I would have said this regardless of where he got drafted. You simply cannot combine hands like he has with the other physical gifts and not have that kind of results. It makes it even more gratifying that he seems so driven.

evarc

Reaction score
newnationcb;3421764 said:
So you're saying you were trolling? So you're saying you're a troll?

Just giving them a taste of their own meds...

JPM

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3421684 said:
Of course. The Cowboys are going to put him out there whether he's really ready or not. They want him to develop chemistry and get reps with Romo, not Jon Kitna.
Logic has no place here.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Hostile;3421817 said:
JT, IMNSHO (understatement), he is going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL within 2 years. I would have said this regardless of where he got drafted. You simply cannot combine hands like he has with the other physical gifts and not have that kind of results. It makes it even more gratifying that he seems so driven.

Having a Probowl level QB throwing him the ball doesn't hurt either.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile;3421817 said:

I think so too. I can't imagine a guy with the natural skills he has and the drive he has displayed, coming in to the NFL and not being great. His hands are too good, his body control is too exceptional, his QB is too accurate, and his love for the game is too strong for him not to stand out very, very quickly.

He's going to get a boat-load of chances and I'll be shocked if he doesn't capitalize on them.

visionary

Reaction score
he is gonna be a good one folks
and he will do it at a position where rookies often dont make an impact

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Man I'm glad he's a Cowboy. I cannot wait to see what he does against Washington come the first game. Just to ease R2R's anxiety over all of this. I'm equally excited to see what Miles does this season.

In no more than two seasons, we might just have the best WR tandem in the league. Miles and Dez.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
Hostile;3421817 said:

If he has even half the desire of Michael Irvin, we are set for however long Austin's next deal is.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Saw #88 with my own eyes today, and I gotta tell ya, he just looks different when he catches a ball. It's hard to describe, but he attacks the ball where others wait for it to get to them, and he has incredible quickness in everything he does.
A few more random notes from today's practice:

-Jason Witten, Tony Romo & DeMarcus Ware are as good as they are for a reason. They treat every play, every meaningless drill, every single aspect of every motion as if it's the most important thing they're doing at that moment. Pure focus, full power, top speed, game situation type dedication. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
-Sam Hurd looked great today. Lots of big catches, including a deep ball with tight coverage, and a sweet diving catch over the middle. It's apparent that he's trying to prove his worth to the club. (unlike 84)
-Romo spends a lot of time working with Dez in between snaps, and pre-snap. Sometimes just making sure they're on the same page. Other times pointing out options that he has on his routes. This could pay off during the season, when plays break down and improv is required.
-My bet is Romo's working on a more effective hard count for this year. It's noticebly better, and he was jumping people offsides on O and D on many occassions.
-Who's #35? with the absence of T Choice today, #35 got lots of action, and he's way quick in and out of cuts.

elcowboi

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3421438 said:
Dez Bryant is already running with the Cowboys' first-team offense in three-receiver sets at OTAs.

In three-wideout sets, Bryant and Roy Williams are likely out wide with Miles Austin in the slot. This might not be the case if slot receiver Patrick Crayton was around, but Crayton has asked to be released and is boycotting workouts. Either way, the Cowboys are pushing Bryant into a big role early. We don't think he'll struggle to be a top-30 fantasy receiver in year one.
Source: Associated Press

So did this person see it with his/her own eyes or are they guessing this will be the formation?????? That sounds as if they were guessing to me.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
elcowboi;3422499 said:
So did this person see it with his/her own eyes or are they guessing this will be the formation?????? That sounds as if they were guessing to me.

Maybe so, but everytime the first team O went 3 wide today, it was Miles in the slot, Dez and Roy out wide. And today's not the first time it's been mentioned.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I like the sound of Dez running with the first team. Thank You Patrick Crayton for sealing your own fate...

As for Dez and Miles...Relax people...they are on the same team and both will shine and produce...hopefully more then 1 superbowl :bow:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3422494 said:
Saw #88 with my own eyes today, and I gotta tell ya, he just looks different when he catches a ball. It's hard to describe, but he attacks the ball where others wait for it to get to them, and he has incredible quickness in everything he does.
A few more random notes from today's practice:

-Jason Witten, Tony Romo & DeMarcus Ware are as good as they are for a reason. They treat every play, every meaningless drill, every single aspect of every motion as if it's the most important thing they're doing at that moment. Pure focus, full power, top speed, game situation type dedication. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
-Sam Hurd looked great today. Lots of big catches, including a deep ball with tight coverage, and a sweet diving catch over the middle. It's apparent that he's trying to prove his worth to the club. (unlike 84)
-Romo spends a lot of time working with Dez in between snaps, and pre-snap. Sometimes just making sure they're on the same page. Other times pointing out options that he has on his routes. This could pay off during the season, when plays break down and improv is required.
-My bet is Romo's working on a more effective hard count for this year. It's noticebly better, and he was jumping people offsides on O and D on many occassions.
-Who's #35? with the absence of T Choice today, #35 got lots of action, and he's way quick in and out of cuts.

Cool thanks for posting those observations. Sam Hurd was tearing up TC last year, before he I think he got injured? Seems like his thumb affected his play throughout the season.