Dez Bryant isn't perfect, folks

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Gryphon;3433013 said:
June 14, 9:17 AM
Dallas Cowboys Examiner
by Dan Telvock

All the hoopla surrounding Dallas Cowboys rookie Dez Bryant is certainly worthy, but the kid isn't perfect.

As much as Cowboys fans wish he was, Bryant is going to have some trouble learning the game of the NFL.

So, it is no surprise to me that he is having trouble running routes. Terrell Owens had trouble running the correct routes with the Cowboys, too.

Should there be concern that Bryant hasn't been perfect at every aspect of the game? Of course not. In fact, there was probably a bit too much coverage highlighting how good this kid might be. He turned heads in practices until he injured his hamstring, a sign that either he is pushing himself too much or offensive coordinator Jason Garrett isn't thinking.

Maybe Garrett's offense is so technical--he is an Ivy League grad after all--that wide receivers have trouble running the correct routes? Such problems don't seem to be affecting Miles Austin or Jason Witten.

I think the real test for Bryant is obviously going to come in the preseason, where you would expect to see him get a lot of action. If Bryant doesn't see the field a lot in the preseason, I'd be very concerned that Jerry Jones et al' are putting too much stock in the rookie.

http://www.examiner.com/x-850-Dalla...ant-isnt-perfect-folks?cid=channel-rss-Sports

we just need to get him the ball thats all

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3433162 said:
lol that jerry jones commercial is still funny to this day

When did it first air? I was trying to find out in the other thread he had posted in but i never got a response.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3433018 said:
No such thing as a perfect player. Dez has great athletic ability but like most rookies he is going to make mistakes. Not many rookie WR coming in and tear the league up.

Not many, but it does happen.

It generally takes just the right mix of supporting cast to take some of the pressure off, a steep learning curve to understand his responsibilities, an even steeper learning curve to understand the bigger picture around him on the field, the opportunity to start early on, and that other thing that you mentioned... the talent to take full advantage and bring it all together week after week.

I will be happy if he can get 50 receptions this season. Not Earth shattering, but it would be a rock solid rookie season for him. And it is absolutely possible for him- even if he plays slot... and especially if Austin moves into the slot at times (as has been mentioned) and the defense attempts to move around to adjust to it. Nothing like manipulating the defense into complicating their own schemes to help things along.

Having Bryant stepping into the picture really lights a fire under Roy Williams, really takes some heat off of Austin, and really sets the stage for what could be a golden opportunity for all three.

Doomsday, 47,000+ posts??? :bow:

rysko

Reaction score
this kind of made me laugh. did you expect a rookie to come into the NFL perfect. well i don't think any player is perfect, but damn you have high expectations. lock thread?

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Jon88;3433027 said:
I have never seen anyone with Moss's size, speed, and athleticism. He was something special and could have been the best of all time if not for his attitude.

I don't know if Dez has everything Moss did.

Could have been the best ever? Debatable. He DID have Daunte Culpepper throwing to him for the first half of his career.

His attitude ****ed him as far as him being sent to Oakland, where he wasted a few years. If not for that I think statistically speaking it'd be hard to argue there was a better WR, only Rice would be in the discussion at least.

It's hard to compete with an amazing WR who had Montana and Young throwing to him. That being said, the #1 and #2 highest scoring offenses of all time had something in common, Randy Moss. That says a lot.

Given equal opportunities and equal QB's, I think Moss could outshine Rice himself.

Dez however, will never be a Moss. Hope for a Fitz. That isn't a huge drop off. Dez has the potential to do everything Fitz can. What they both lack is the straight speed moss had in his early career. They are both FAST, but Moss was a straight burner back in the day, no one was really going to win a foot race against him.

rysko

Reaction score
Yeah, Moss was just a freak of nature. I hope Dez can put up half the numbers Moss did in his premier seasons.