Dez Bryant on NFL Total Access... Vid Post #18

zack

Reaction score
The MVP talk that was brought up. He said that it is the job of the defense and the offense to help get Romo MVP. Very interesting. I like his support of Romo.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
You know i love dez bryant as a player. And hope nothing but the best for the guy.
But... I just cant pull my self to watch his interviews. Nothing personal but his speech needs work.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Just a likable young man. Always takes responsibility for his actions and never refers to himself as "I" it's always the "team" just a good kid and still very shy. Love this kid

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know i love dez bryant as a player. And hope nothing but the best for the guy.
But... I just cant pull my self to watch his interviews. Nothing personal but his speech needs work.

Really? I think he's really a pretty cool kid. Every time I listen to him give an interview, I shake my head at how the guy was demonized for, really, nothing significant at all on his way into the league. He alway says the right thing, and he's always very respectful. I like how he handles himself publicly, a lot.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His speech has come a long way. He deserves credit for that.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dez might be my favorite player on the team but he is a horrible interview.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Dez might be my favorite player on the team but he is a horrible interview.

That's what I mean. He's not fun to watch interview wise. As apose to Jason witten who interesting to listen to. Hope he continues to get better because he is great kid.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
oh lord..Not much of master of english yourself yet you're "aposed" to hearing someone speak

Beat me to it, lol.

The guy had a pretty turbulent upbringing and has a learning disability. I think I can cut him some slack on his interviews.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
His speech has come a long way. He deserves credit for that.

True. In his longer interviews, you can see he starts to get comfortable and speak more relaxed. But he'll catch himself and focus on pronunciation and the way he's presenting himself.

It looks like a very conscious effort. He deserves a lot of credit.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I'm such a Dez homer that my close friends hint at my obsession being unhealthy, but even I have to admit he needs SERIOUS work. Granted, he's come along way from "I didn't suppose to be there", but he still has a lot of touching up to do.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
His first Thanksgiving game when Randy Moss was with the Vikings, Moss won that stupid turkey thing they give out.

If you recall, he leaned over the table they had the award on and propped himself up with his arms, not looking at the camera at all, and barely answered the questions given him. He was so visibly uncomfortable being on national television. He stayed in that position the entire interview.

He was a terrible interview.

Years later when he was with NE I saw an interview after a game. He was fairly articulate and looked the camera in the eye and answered all the questions in a thoughtful manner. He seemed comfortable and at ease.

Dez is light years ahead, if that matters. Not sure that it does.

But you can tell the team works with him on his image, which, if you think about it, means Dallas may have been the perfect place for him since they have a staff which deals with personal issues and player maturation.

I suspect there will be a point where he will come to the conclusion that he wants to follow Irvin into broadcasting. If what we have seen is an indication, he will seek out help to hone his skills in public speaking.

Not sure if he will be Emmitt or Tom Jackson smooth, but this kid has a future far and away larger than what some teams thought about him and his maturity.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Dez is refreshingly raw, unfiltered and genuine. He's no genius and doesn't pretend to be. He speaks pretty well for someone who sought shelter in 8 different houses during high school.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect there will be a point where he will come to the conclusion that he wants to follow Irvin into broadcasting. If what we have seen is an indication, he will seek out help to hone his skills in public speaking.

Not sure if he will be Emmitt or Tom Jackson smooth, but this kid has a future far and away larger than what some teams thought about him and his maturity.

Tom Jackson is good. Too bad he's a jerk sometimes.

dstovall5

Reaction score
His first Thanksgiving game when Randy Moss was with the Vikings, Moss won that stupid turkey thing they give out.

If you recall, he leaned over the table they had the award on and propped himself up with his arms, not looking at the camera at all, and barely answered the questions given him. He was so visibly uncomfortable being on national television. He stayed in that position the entire interview.

He was a terrible interview.

Years later when he was with NE I saw an interview after a game. He was fairly articulate and looked the camera in the eye and answered all the questions in a thoughtful manner. He seemed comfortable and at ease.

Dez is light years ahead, if that matters. Not sure that it does.

But you can tell the team works with him on his image, which, if you think about it, means Dallas may have been the perfect place for him since they have a staff which deals with personal issues and player maturation.

He has come a long way, that's for dang sure. Hopefully he can continue maturing as a WR and as a professional. He definitely does have a very bright path ahead of him if he can keep his head in the right place.