Dez Bryant ranked as 15th best player in NFL Top 100

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thats your opinion, my opinion Dez has passed Calvin. I'm not looking at him from a few years ago, I'm looking right now. ...today and yes Dez is better

I disagree.
But it really doesn't matter.
Dez is plenty good

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Remember...Dez is only as good as the team he is on.

Thats false. Calvin is said to be the best wr even on a terrible Detroit team, Barry Sanders is said to be the greatest rb with a very bad team. How can that be so. Great players play great no matter what. ......so I keep hearing

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Big whoop that Julio Jones had 16 more catches. His team threw 152 more passes. Dez gets targeted something around 29% of our pass attempts. If we had thrown the ball 152 more times, Dez would have a lot more than 16 additional catches.

Also, you'd think that when you have 2 players that are as "close" to each other as Dez and Julio, they would give the edge to the player who was on the playoff team. But no, give Julio Jones, on the 6-10 Falcons, the edge.

I wonder if "The Catch" will be used from now on to underrate Dez in the media, similar to how the Romo FG fumble was (is?) used against him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Also, you'd think that when you have 2 players that are as "close" to each other as Dez and Julio, they would give the edge to the player who was on the playoff team. But no, give Julio Jones, on the 6-10 Falcons, the edge.

I wonder if "The Catch" will be used from now on to underrate Dez in the media, similar to how the Romo FG fumble was (is?) used against him.

It might, a smart or great WR secures the ball and does not extend for a td, he should have never let the ball touch the ground.
If it wasnt 4th down , what he did was excusable, but on 4th down , even worse only 4 min left in game a td on the play is not important, only making a "clean" catch is important.
Anytime they let the ball hit the ground , or let the ball move or come loose, then it can be ruled inc.
The key is in that situation 4th down, you dont want any doubt or give any reason to have it ruled inc.

Dez let it hit the ground, and the ball did move, not a lot but it moved, then it came loose as he rolled over and was in the air, and he re-caught it.
The ref said that was a re-possesion, and did not matter as the ball had clearly come loose.
These calls can go either way, so on 4th down you dont want to give them any reason to rule it inc.

Most Dallas fans will rule it a catch, siting many reasons, and most GB fans will rule it inc.
That play had he just made a clean catch and gone down on his back, then Dallas might have won and gone on to SB , we will never know now.

guag

Reaction score
It might, a smart or great WR secures the ball and does not extend for a td, he should have never let the ball touch the ground.
If it wasnt 4th down , what he did was excusable, but on 4th down , even worse only 4 min left in game a td on the play is not important, only making a "clean" catch is important.
Anytime they let the ball hit the ground , or let the ball move or come loose, then it can be ruled inc.
The key is in that situation 4th down, you dont want any doubt or give any reason to have it ruled inc.

Dez let it hit the ground, and the ball did move, not a lot but it moved, then it came loose as he rolled over and was in the air, and he re-caught it.
The ref said that was a re-possesion, and did not matter as the ball had clearly come loose.
These calls can go either way, so on 4th down you dont want to give them any reason to rule it inc.

Most Dallas fans will rule it a catch, siting many reasons, and most GB fans will rule it inc.
That play had he just made a clean catch and gone down on his back, then Dallas might have won and gone on to SB , we will never know now.

I hear you on that. I'm not going to argue on whether or not I thought it was a catch, but I do agree that the best thing Dez could have done on that play was to simply secure the ball into his body and fall down. Also, aside from the obvious benefit of converting on 4th down, it would have allowed us to use up some clock before going in for the score. Even if Dez scored that TD, there was way too much time left on the clock.

However, in the heat of the moment, with the end zone a matter of feet from you, I don't blame Dez for doing what he did.

Enlightened32

Reaction score

Julio had 27 more targets, 16 more catches, 273 more yards, but 10 less TDs.

Julio is faster than Dez, however, I think Dez is stronger and has better hands.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I hear you on that. I'm not going to argue on whether or not I thought it was a catch, but I do agree that the best thing Dez could have done on that play was to simply secure the ball into his body and fall down. Also, aside from the obvious benefit of converting on 4th down, it would have allowed us to use up some clock before going in for the score. Even if Dez scored that TD, there was way too much time left on the clock.

However, in the heat of the moment, with the end zone a matter of feet from you, I don't blame Dez for doing what he did.

Well Dez isnt a thinker, and he did what he always does , and that is try to score.
But is he scoring for the team or himself??
Getting the ball to the one is great for the team , but not so much for him when people look at how many td's at end of the year.
Dez also has a thing for td's he thinks it is a special event lol, when he scores one , and it is special every time to him.

that was one reason I liked Murray, he would score and not make a dance, or x, etc, just doing his job .

guag

Reaction score
Dez also has a thing for td's he thinks it is a special event lol, when he scores one , and it is special every time to him.

that was one reason I liked Murray, he would score and not make a dance, or x, etc, just doing his job .

Dez isn't the only one, it seems like a lot of WRs in general love to celebrate TDs. TWill has that "strut" thing that he does too. Doesn't seem like a lot of RBs do much celebrating.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dez isn't the only one, it seems like a lot of WRs in general love to celebrate TDs. TWill has that "strut" thing that he does too. Doesn't seem like a lot of RBs do much celebrating.

True, and it is a "individual" celebration not a Team celebration. And each one likes to get the TD's for themselves not the team.
They forget the QB had to throw it, and the line had to block, so basically it is a team TD.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score

Do you think he reached for the endzone?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully, Dez is due to return just in time for TC. From that point on, things should only get better.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I never seen the ball hit the ground. It looked to me in slow motion his hand hit the ground

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Do you think he reached for the endzone?

it is hard to say, the bottom line to me is that play should have stood as called on the field, because the evidence was not incontrovertible.
It was not conclusive either way, so however it was called on the field that should have stood.
They called it a catch so that should not have been overturned, had they said it was incomplete that should have stood as well.

I read that the ref who reviewed it overturned it based on th ball coming out of Dez's hands and then he re caught it, but since the ball came loose
he did not complete the process.
But Blandino said it was the ball moving as it hit the ground, and then there is the whole did he make the football move, or take 3 steps, so
there is so much to that play ,nothing seen in replays was "incontrovertible". which means they have to be sure to overturn it.

I wAs just watching the giants vs SF 2011 season champ. game and vernon davis it looked like he stepped out of bounds on a td run.
But it was hard to say "for sure" so they let the call on field stand. the ref made a point to state it was not incontrovertible.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I never seen the ball hit the ground. It looked to me in slow motion his hand hit the ground

it is not clear, but in the right angle replay, the ball does hit the ground and moves upward a little .
The as he rolls over into endzone the ball comes out of his hands, and this is what they mostly used to say he did not complete the process.
The call on the field should have stood, see my previous post #116

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Well Dez isnt a thinker, and he did what he always does , and that is try to score.
But is he scoring for the team or himself??
Getting the ball to the one is great for the team , but not so much for him when people look at how many td's at end of the year.

Seems like you're relatively new here. First and foremost, I extend a late welcome.

Since you're new, perhaps you may not be privy to the things that we know about Dez-- the insider stories, the recapped interviews with Romo, Witt and pretty much anyone else. Ya know, the types of stories that ESPN refuses to air because it doesn't fit their "criminal Dez" agenda.

But one thing you should be certain of is that Dez plays for the team and not for number 88.

He was reaching for the endzone to try to make a play, just like he always does. He wants to win, and he wants to pull more than his own weight.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Crazy how Detriot has had two of the greatest ever and nothing to show for it

That goes to show you it's not just about skilled players, particularly at running back and receiver. That's why I think we will take the next step. We have the franchise quarterback and franchise receiver. Now we have a franchise offensive line and, hopefully, an improved defensive line.

fortdick

Reaction score
Stats wise....

But if you believe Rice was half the athlete, or could even do half the things on the field in triple coverage as Moss, you're insane.

Moss was a headcase, had he kept a straight head, he would of shattered every record possible, while creating new ones.

That argument confirms the crowd that thinks Eli is better than Tony. Eli came through in the clutch, sticking a ball to a guy's helmet to get a win. That kind of skill is far beyond anything else.

Rice was an all around receiver, not just a deep threat. Moss was really just a deep threat. A great one, but not the cross the middle when you have to type.