Dez Bryant ranked as 15th best player in NFL Top 100

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Not to mention a bunch of nobodies were the people speaking on the video about him. Clutts, Ike Taylor, that Colts LB (Laurinaitis I think) and freaking Reggie Dunn! Reggie Dunn!

Was about to post the names as well but you beat me to it :)

Jerryrage

Reaction score
All that extra effort cost him? More like, all the extra effort made him who he is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll take Dez's numbers all day! TDs trumps yards in my book.

I think to Dez' credit he's the anomaly, but for WRs, generally the most unreliable stat is TDs from year to year. I mean, one year Megatron was tackled inside the 2 yard line 8 times so his total was down. The year before,he had 16 TDs.
But again, that so far doesn't seem to apply to Dez.

Then again, Romo has always assured that no matter which WR leads the team in TDs , they are always near the top in the NFL. It doesn't matter what year or who it is.
TO
Austin
Robinson
Dez

No exceptions...every single year.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dez came as the 15th best player overall in the NFL Top 100 2015 Poll.

You can view the view the video here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2015/0ap3000000499579/Top-100-Players-of-2015-No-15-Dez-Bryant

For WRs I think that means they have Dez ranked as the #3 WR behind Megatron and Antonio Brown (who haven't been part of the announced players 12 through 100 so he must be Top 11).

They have him ahead of Jordy Nelson (ranked as 18th best player in the NFL) and Demaryius Thomas (ranked as 20th best player in the NFL).

Personally I'd put Dez ahead of Megatron based on last year's performance. I can't quibble a ton about Antonio Brown (although I think Dez is better) because his production is other-worldly.

I am bit surprised the Jordy Nelson was ranked as one of the top 20 players in the NFL. I'd put Demaryius Thomas ahead of him by a hair.

Me too. I think he should rank ahead of Julio Jones, who had better stats but fewer touchdowns by a wide margin.
Dez should have been in the top 10. However, I was encouraged to hear Eric Davis and Nat Burleson say Dez should have been higher. And even DeAngelo Williams said Dez was the best receiver he's faced and if he had to take one receiver it would be Dez because he's not only physical as a catcher but gives 100 percent as a blocker too.

Nice props from an opponent.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wasn't ATL a little pass happy last year.
Third in the league in pass attempts. They ran the ball 37% of their snaps, also third lowest in the league. They threw about 10 more passes a game than Dallas.

For some more perspective, about once every 30 times we threw the ball, it was a Dez Bryant touchdown. For Atlanta, once every 105 passes resulted in a Julio Jones touchdown. Dez had about 2.8 yards per Dallas pass attempt. Jones had 2.5 yards per Atlanta pass attempt (or about 10% less production on a per pass attempt basis).

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Third in the league in pass attempts. They ran the ball 37% of their snaps, also third lowest in the league. They threw about 10 more passes a game than Dallas.

So the Detroit Effect. I know Jones is good but how many games were they playing from behind? Not comparing him to RW11 but that is what made RW11 look good, garbage time stat padding when detroit was chucking it up 50 times a game because they were behind by so much.

Manster68

Reaction score
Big whoop that Julio Jones had 16 more catches. His team threw 152 more passes. Dez gets targeted something around 29% of our pass attempts. If we had thrown the ball 152 more times, Dez would have a lot more than 16 additional catches.

and more than 16 touchdowns.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not sure I see much of a point arguing over who's better between Julio and Dez. Both are fantastic players.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
and more than 16 touchdowns.
If he kept his current rate of 1 touchdown for every 30 team pass attempts he'd have had 21 touchdowns, which would have been the 3rd best season in history behind Moss in '07 with the Pats and Rice in '87.

As it stands, only 8 other receivers in history have had more than 16 touchdowns in a single season.

coult44

Reaction score
Dez just tweeted that he was laughing at the NFL network list. I think I agree with him...

adamknite

Reaction score
I haven't looked at their stats in comparison to each other... but I believe Dez is better than Antonio Brown. They are both amazing players and I wouldn't trade either for the other player if that player was on my team but I just feel like Dez is the better player from what I've seen. Julio to me would be right behind them, close but not as close as they are to each other.

However, if Johnson has another like last year, injuries or not, I would have no issue putting Dez and Brown above him.

The Steelers got much better value with Brown though since they took him int he sixth round that year we took Dez. I'll give them that. lol

ccb04

Reaction score
Team rushing attempts per game in 2014.....

Dallas: #4 (avg. of 31 rush attempts per game)

Atlanta: #27 (avg. of 23.2 rush attempts per game)

While both Dez & Julio are among the best in the business...Dez put up his numbers in a run heavy offense.