Dez Bryant Stands Up New Jersey Memorablia Show (Old)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2011/07/dez_bryant_david_wells.php
By Richie WhittWed., Jul. 13 2011 at 5:30 AM

​It was already a bad week for Dez Bryant, after former mentor Deion Sanders reiterated that he is severing ties with the firebrand Cowboys' receiver. Now Bryant is on the verge of more legal trouble after standing up a New Jersey memorabilia show.

According to organizers of the Collectors Showcase of America show, held June 10-12 at the NJ Expo Center in Edison, Bryant failed to appear and offered no excuse for his absence.

"You get cancellations and re-schedulings in our business, but it's very rare to get the total no-show like that one," CSA president Marco Rol, in the memorabilia business since 1987, told the Observer. "There's a professional code that most players adopt. They feel a responsibility to their fans, not to mention they're paid handsomely to show up. What Dez did happens probably only one out of 100 times."

SDCowboy

Reaction score
This guy just doesn't have a clue. I realize this isn't a crime but it's just one stupid thing after another with Dez. I'm a huge fan of his on the field but I'm surprised he can find his way out of bed in the morning if Tony or someone doesn't give him a kick in the butt to do so.

mldardy

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3991393 said:
This guy just doesn't have a clue. I realize this isn't a crime but it's just one stupid thing after another with Dez. I'm a huge fan of his on the field but I'm surprised he can find his way out of bed in the morning if Tony or someone doesn't give him a kick in the butt to do so.
He missed a memorabilia show not rob a bank.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
mldardy;3991399 said:
Yeah I got that the first time you posted it in the other thread. Thanks for filling me in since I never said he committed a crime.

mldardy

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3991401 said:
Yeah I got that the first time you posted it in the other thread. Thanks for filling me in since I never said he committed a crime.
Yeah instead you chose to get your panties in a bunch and go off on him for missing a freaking memorabilia show like he robbed a bank. So maybe you need to get it through your head AGAIN that it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore find out the reason why he missed the show instead of assuming because it's Dez that he is a screw up.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I was at this show. I have hopes he changes, but that was totally classless and irresponsible. I laid down over $100 in hopes of having him sign my Cowboys helmet and getting a pic with him, only to be disappointed.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
mldardy;3991403 said:
Yeah instead you chose to get your panties in a bunch and go off on him for missing a freaking memorabilia show like he robbed a bank. So maybe you need to get it through your head AGAIN that it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore find out the reason why he missed the show instead of assuming because it's Dez that he is a screw up.
I'm not sure you know what going off on someone means if that's what you'd call it, but ok. :laugh2:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
TheSport78;3991404 said:
I was at this show. I have hopes he changes, but that was totally classless and irresponsible. I laid down over $100 in hopes of having him sign my Cowboys helmet and getting a pic with him, only to be disappointed.

Stop going off on him! You'll hurt Mldardy's feelings. :D

TD22

Reaction score
Dez has received more media coverage this past week for comments made by Deion and missing the autograph event than Hines Ward being arrested for a DUI.

I can't wait for what they are going to do to Michael Irvin and his appearance on the latest issue of "Out" magazine.

Embrace the hate of being "America's Team"

JPM

Reaction score
TD22;3991408 said:
Dez has received more media coverage this past week for comments made by Deion and missing the autograph event than Hines Ward being arrested for a DUI.
I'm not surprised by this at all. I think Dez has gotten more media coverage than when Ruthlessraper got in trouble last time too.

mldardy

Reaction score
TD22;3991408 said:

I can't wait for what they are going to do to Michael Irvin and his appearance on the latest issue of "Out" magazine.

Embrace the hate of being "America's Team"
Stop making sense or SDCowboy will think you just don't have a clue.:D

mldardy

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3991406 said:
I'm not sure you know what going off on someone means if that's what you'd call it, but ok. :laugh2:
Yeah saying he doesn't have a clue for missing a memorabilia without finding out why isn't going off at all:rolleyes:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3991390 said:
Hasn't this been discussed here?

i wasnt sure, one media writer said on tweeter breaking news, so i posted it; sorry if repost

SDCowboy

Reaction score
mldardy;3991418 said:
Stop making sense or SDCowboy will think you just don't have a clue.:D

Whether or not the crap he pulls get's too much coverage or not is completely irrelevant. What Hines does doesn't concern us.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
mldardy;3991399 said:

No, he's a professional who, once again, failed to uphold his professional responsibility. That doesn't mean showing up if you can't; but if you can't you, as a professional, inform the event organizers and make contingency arrangements.

Dez Bryany is still a big kid who happens to be a starter in the NFL, more specifically - our beloved Cowboys. He still has not eveolved to professional status. As a Cowboy fan that doesn't concern you? It does me, greatly, because you win Super Bowls with talent and a professional approach, not talent alone.

Right now, Bryant is "talent alone" and that no longer cuts it in Dallas, that is, if you've been paying attention to what the head coach has been saying.

mldardy

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3991426 said:
Weather or not the crap he pulls get's too much coverage or not is completely irrelevant. What Hines does doesn't concern us.
Rain or partly cloudy.

The rest of this post is a complete :confused: