News: Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith won’t play against 49ers this week

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith won’t play against 49ers this week
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 17, 2015, 6:24 AM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-49ers-this-week/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq3zwiwyzy3owzmmjc1ytq3oty0n2fjywq2mmuxytvm1.jpeg
AP
The doctor is in, and he has set a new due date for the arrival of two of his high-priced stars.

According to Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the Aug. 29 preseason game against the Vikings is the target date for wide receiver Dez Bryant and left tackle Tyron Smith, meaning they’ll skip this week’s game against the 49ers.

Bryant’s been dealing with a hamstring strain since Aug. 6, but has been doing more rehab work on the side in recent days. Smith hasn’t practiced since Aug. 11 because of a right biceps strain.

“We are going to go slow there,” Jones said of Smith. “[The strain] is not high or low. It’s in that middle area there. It’s an area we don’t have to go fast on.”

The Cowboys did get right tackle Doug Free back to 11-on-11 drills, as he recovers from offseason foot surgery.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I know that the media is selling a lady or tiger scenario for the Cowboys in the season start. But are teams being shown the curtain as well, and buying the lady?

CCBoy

Reaction score

Learn English...and at least observe media pollution.

Some of the media are predicting a ton of points being scored upon Dallas...and not playing the two stars prior to the season prep game, game #3, would hide some of the team soundness from view as well.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Learn English...and at least observe media pollution.

Some of the media are predicting a ton of points being scored upon Dallas...and not playing the two stars prior to the season prep game, game #3, would hide some of the team soundness from view as well.

Aaah now I see, yes I agree.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Glad to see the team chooses to allow its injured plenty of time to recover. No sense in pushing them to return to action too early in the preseason. The media can say whatever suits their fancy to cast doubt in this team's capabilities as long as proper precautions prevail. If they're going to require physical practices, the least they can do is afford them the opportunity to recover from their ailments as required. You've gotta respect that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Should only have 2 pre season games all together in my opinion.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Should only have 2 pre season games all together in my opinion.

Preseason is for evaluating young talent.

Also this is a bit of a bummer. Going to the game this weekend. Would have liked to see Dez running around.

But restraint is the better part of valor.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Preseason is for evaluating young talent.

Also this is a bit of a bummer. Going to the game this weekend. Would have liked to see Dez running around.

But restraint is the better part of valor.

I think the right idea is start up a minor league system and cut the number of preseason games. Don't think it's going to happen because it would basically cost the owners too much but I think its what makes sense.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Doesn't sound serious; but having Tyron Smith's name on an injury report makes me feel a little sick. Luckily the season is still roughly four-plus weeks away.