Dez Bryant win Good Guy Award.. Well Deserved

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DezBryantGoodGuy.jpg

By Clarence Hill of Star-Telegram.com – Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is the 2013 winner of the team’s Good Guy Award. The award is given annually by the DFW chapter of the Pro Football Writers of America to honor a player for his consistent and outstanding cooperation with the team’s beat writers.
Four other players — Orlando Scandrick, Jason Hatcher, Jason Witten and Barry Church — received votes.
Bryant was lauded for having a consistent presence in the locker room this season. He was available most weeks and often multiple times during the week. After controversies against Detroit and Green Bay, Bryant made himself available to address both.
One voter cited Bryant’s maturation from his rookie season when he was a reluctant interview to now when he is among the team’s most accommodating players.
Receiver Roy Williams won the first Good Guy Award in 2009. Quarterback Jon Kitna was the recipient in 2010. Defensive end Marcus Spears was the honoree in 2011. And Witten won it last year.

- See more at: http://dezbryant.com/latest-news/dez-bryant-wins-good-guy-award-in-voting-by-cowboys-beat-writers/

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
An award for his willingness to talk to the press....lol....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I think this represents more confirmation that he is maturing nicely and becomnig one of our strong team leaders.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What a stupid award.

It is not a stupid award. Dez is really a nice dude. Plus, he kicks *** on the football field. I wish the Cowboys had 51 more like him.

Dez has come a long way from his "pants on the ground, pants on the ground".

I'm very proud of him, he deserves every stupid award they give him, period.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Lol this award has the dumbest name. The MLB and NHL named them after players (the league wide award, at least) not just "The Good Guy Award"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It is not a stupid award. Dez is really a nice dude. Plus, he kicks *** on the football field. I wish the Cowboys had 51 more like him.

Dez has come a long way from his "pants on the ground, pants on the ground".

I'm very proud of him, he deserves every stupid award they give him, period.

Exactly. Cheesy? Sure. Stupid? No. This award could have been given to a host of other Cowboys. The fact that it was given to Dez speaks volumes to some of us that still haven't embraced the wealth of positive energy and leadership he brings to this team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised Scandrick was a candidate. Most reporters say he's a sourpuss. Congrats to Dez.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Would you rather he win a bad guy award to confirm your suspicions?

You have me all wrong.
I like Dez, love his enthusiasm as well as his talent.
I think he is definitely a "Good Guy." But the idea that that is determined by reporters based on a player's cooperation with them is what's stupid.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You have me all wrong.
I think he is definitely a "Good Guy." But the idea that that is determined by reporters based on a player's cooperation with them is what's stupid.

It's a bit cheesy but it's not stupid. We don't know what reporters go through on the grind to get the interview. It says something about a player that is not only willing to go out there and lay it all on the line between the lines. He will also spend the time with the reporters to satisfy their requirements. Most every popular player knows they have to devote time to the media. However, some will do the bare minimum while others will provide quality feedback. If I were a sports reporter, I would hugely appreciate the guys that actually take the time to provide solid thoughtful answers to my questions. Dez is a genuine guy and it's nice to see him get recognized for it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You have me all wrong.

No, it's not. Players need the press as much as the press needs players. The press can make your life miserable as a player or it can make your life more bearable. The smart players understand this.

It's stupid to many people here because they don't have to deal with the press. Bu to players whose reputations and post-NFL careers are forged and shaped by the press, it pays to have a good relationship with the press.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No, it's not. Players need the press as much as the press needs players. The press can make your life miserable as a player or it can make your life more bearable. The smart players understand this.

It's stupid to many people here because they don't have to deal with the press. Bu to players whose reputations and post-NFL careers are forged and shaped by the press, it pays to have a good relationship with the press.

Exactly! Add to that the fact that, due to his immature actions early on in his career, he placed himself into a hole with regard to dealing with the press. The fact that he has matured and turned the table around is commendable IMO.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
good for the young man. continue to push his confidence and willingness to be a good person forward.
help channel his passion.