Dez Bryant Works Out Early

shnagy

Reaction score
DBOY3141;4473980 said:
Hope part of his workout is reading the playbook. His physical skills have never come into question. Metal skills are another topic.

Actually, even his physical skills have come into question. Whether it was him coming into camp "out of shape" and "gasping for air" or "wearing down in the second half of games and disappearing." There's nothing that this kid hasn't been criticized for.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hostile;4473968 said:
So I am new to the Twitter thing. Dez Bryant headed to work out at 5:30 in the morning. Sounds like dedication to me. I know it condemns me to hell, but I like it.

I don't think a Twitter account condemns you to hell.

An unlimited text package however..........

:D

Mash

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4474087 said:
Well, I hate to agree with someone I consider to be a debbie downer. However this post is correct (except mental instead of metal).

Dez has always had the physical skills. What he needs is to get all of his routes and the play book down.

If he gets that down and he gets in tune with Romo, Dez could be unstoppable.

This :bow:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBOY3141;4473980 said:
Hope part of his workout is reading the playbook. His physical skills have never come into question. Metal skills are another topic.

I heard reading the playbook definitely was part of his 5:30AM workout. So you can relax and find something else to be unhappy about. Surely you must have unmet expectations about some other player. Find another thread where the topic is largely positive and you can put your thoughts down there.

The Dan Connor thread, maybe, is a chance to complain some about Bruce Carter who, we all thought, would recover from injury and probably earn a probowl birth and instead only contributed a little bit on ST. Now we had to go out and spend money on a replacement for him because Jerry Jones is bad at evaluating talent. We probably got the wrong guy in Connor, too, so there's something else worth mentioning.

Truth is so painful sometimes. I just can't stand all the pain. Thanks for keeping it real.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Hostile;4473968 said:
So I am new to the Twitter thing. Dez Bryant headed to work out at 5:30 in the morning. Sounds like dedication to me. I know it condemns me to hell, but I like it.

I'd like to be impressed but JJT works out at 5:30am in the morning and, well, have you seen the dude? If he working out at 5:30am it's only his mouth and at Dunkin Donuts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vtwin;4474158 said:
I don't think a Twitter account condemns you to hell.

An unlimited text package however..........

:D
Damn, I'm roast.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
RaY RaD 86 ‏ @rad84acu

The rain didn't stop us out here at valley ranch we still got on the field and put in work!!!

Maybe they worked out together!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I've never questioned Dez's physical skills or his love of the game, I simply wonder if he's "smart" enough to truely become a great receiver.

Pabst

Reaction score
The general rule of thumb regarding WRs is that it takes 3 years for them to understand the nuances of an NFL passing game and come into their own.

This will be Dez's third year. I know he's had a few setbacks to his development, injuries and the lockout primarily, but I expect a big season from him.

GroundUp

Reaction score
Hostile;4473999 said:
I'll never post on Twitter. I joined only to read Schefter, other NFL news hounds and Cowboys players.

I avoid Twitter like the plague, but signing up for updates and not posting might be my speed...good idea Hos.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Hostile;4473968 said:

To be fair to Dez, I follow him on twitter too, he's been working out since the end of the season. He doesn't post it everyday on his twitter but you will see him post it every once in a while.

Ask him to retweet something for you and he will too BTW - if you like that sort of thing.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Hostile;4473999 said:
I'll never post on Twitter. I joined only to read Schefter, other NFL news hounds and Cowboys players.

Albert Breer is a must follow. Might be better than Shefter. Jay Glazer as well. He doesn't post often, but when he does you know it is credible. Charean Williams is excellent as well. She never hates on the Cowboys but remains straight and frank. Easily my favorite in the Dallas media.

As a news feed, twitter is unmatched.

I did the whole join twitter to follow people for news and not post anything months ago, but I have found myself occasionally tweeting questions and thoughts to various people. Breer and Charean have been nice enough to respond a couple of times, and Jason Hatcher has responded to me as well.

preacher238

Reaction score
DBOY3141;4473980 said:

You are so right...unless he likes heavy metal, he ain't squat!!!!

:lmao:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;4473999 said:

You say that today. By this time next year you will have 109,679 tweets! :laugh2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They have film rooms right down the hall from the gym at VR. I would expect he would be done with his AM workout far before 8. Getting there early means you are trying to get a lot done which speaks to me of more than a 2 hour workout.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4474047 said:
Dez has never had a problem with working out in the gym, being in shape. His problem is knowing what route to run.

I don't think so. He did have a problem with conditioning last year. He got worn down late in games and completely disappeared. He had some monster first halves and then did a Houdini act.

I think some of the poor route running we saw was because he was too physically exhausted to run them properly. It is easy to look lazy when you are worn down physically.