Dez interest from multiple teams has Try out

jday

Reaction score
I don't think the team is necessarily in bad shape even if one of the big three goes down. I think it would just mean something of an adjustment - maybe Pollard playing some slot, or Jarwin getting a few more targets. I'm concerned that Dez would be a malcontent as the #4 WR, so I'm not sure I would want to risk a disruption to have him as an insurance guy. I sm curious about what he can still do after sitting out two full years, but I prefer to watch it play out on another team.

I get it and you could be right, but at this point I suspect Dez has had to do alot of growing up to get to this point...

That said, I doubt he gets a chance here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it and you could be right, but at this point I suspect Dez has had to do alot of growing up to get to this point...

That said, I doubt he gets a chance here.
I've heard that, and maybe that's true. He seems to have a different attitude. I guess another concern would be if he loses some of the attitude will he still be the same player? I hope he gets picked up because I'm curious to see what he can do at this point. Like you, I don't think it will be with Dallas.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think he has changed. But that’s me.

That’s impossible to know for sure, or rule out for that matter. It’s obviously not outside the realm of possibility that he has changed.

On the other hand, based on past history he was a very poor route runner. Whether that was lack of mental ability or laziness, that caused that to happen, neither indicate that he cared to change.

Dez says he wants a “chance”. Do I believe that? Yes.

But what does that mean? A chance to show that he can still be an NFL player? Possibly but doubtful.

It is much more likely a “chance” to Dez means to show everyone I am still the lead dog.

Do you think Brett Favre would have signed on to be backup QB? Of course not! Dez is the same way. It sounds good in theory, but it would not be likely to work out.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeh he's done. Dez should get into coaching or something if he wants to be around football. Considering the Ravens didn't even have a wr go over 600 yards last year this is telling.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Dez’s twitter feed about Dak’s contract was in support of Dak, he’s not coming back here. He is a talent, but considering the last couple of injuries, the guy is more of a dummy than T.O. “Opening his mouth” the way he does. The fact that he defended Dak after Dak threw him with his “throw at the helmet” comment under the bus shows how much he’s lacking in the smarts. Also the fact that they scapegoated him for Dak, by saying he was making Dak force him the ball and that he was the reason the offense wasn’t “Dak-friendly”..

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
In my opinion, Dez is the type of veteran player that a team will wait to sign until after week one, so the contract is not guaranteed. That is if there is a team interested. If not, I don't see him being signed unless a team experiences a bunch of injuries.

rags747

Reaction score
Dez when he was drafted as a 22yr old was a 4.5+ guy if I’m remembering correctly. Now after some major leg injuries and age he is probably more in the 4.7-4.8+ range I’m thinking.

sideon

Reaction score
He should've jumped on the BAL deal back when they offered it to him 2yrs ago. I know people say that we didn't know that Lamar Jackson would turn into a superstar, but we did know that Dez was offered a 3yr/21mil deal. Dez let his feelings derail his career and it cost him 2 prime years that he can never get back.

cern

Reaction score
Apparently his videos of himself laying on his tummy catching balls with one hand didn't impress anyone. This is more about ability than money.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’d take him at TE as a WR his mantra has passed him by. As noted he wasn’t the greatest route runner and his hands were not the best

he would literally out physical you for the ball and for 3 years or so he may have been a top WR but those days are done.

he could make a good TE if he could block or be a willing blocker and keep his yapper shut

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The man should have taken Baltimore's offer years back. Instead he chose to be greedy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, Dez is the type of veteran player that a team will wait to sign until after week one, so the contract is not guaranteed. That is if there is a team interested. If not, I don't see him being signed unless a team experiences a bunch of injuries.

I can see that 'after week one thing' for him, given past reputation. And he's in no position to demand anything and would really have to take whatever offer he gets at this point. That could be exactly what the Ravens are thinking, work him out, take a look, and file that away until after week one. Or he didn't impress them at all and they simply passed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez when he was drafted as a 22yr old was a 4.5+ guy if I’m remembering correctly. Now after some major leg injuries and age he is probably more in the 4.7-4.8+ range I’m thinking.

Speed was never his thing for sure.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

We don't know the terms of any future deal....

Dez is probably wanting a multi year contract with signing $$$.