Twitter: Dez may get a chance after all

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’d be surprised if we did make the move but at the same time I wouldn’t. McCarthy runs a lot of big receiver sets. Cobb Dez amari Gallup ?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Has he suddenly become coachable? Did he learn to run routes while recovering from Achilles surgery? All I've seen is dez on his belly acting like an obj wannabe.
It's all a mystery right now.

I need some real proof he is able to play again.

Don't have that yet. He may not be there yet.

I can live with it by TC.

Beyond that, hard to sign him with the roster being finalized.

Any contract has to protect Dallas from getting forced into paying a contract if he reinjured himself.

Both sides have to be protected financially. It's just alot of unknowns.

Part of the process will be Dallas' doctors and trainers seeing him and evaluating the injury.

I have no idea who is doing that now for Dez.

That could quickly move this along or just shut it down just as quickly.

Little Jr

Reaction score
We signed a old former player last year that didnt look good his last year(2017) before retiring and how did that work out? Now we want to sign a old former player who looked bad and had his worst year the last year he played, which was TWO YEARS ago?

If I, and others, posted on here MULTIPLE times that I wanted us to sign a player(who wasnt a former cowboy) that, in his last year he was bad and had his worst year, was cut and was only offered one contract by the other 31 the teasm, I had to wait until mid season to get another team to sign him, the 1st day of practice he tears his achilles , doesnt play football for 2 full seasons, would there be this many people on board? I said I and others posting this, but I dont think there would be others posting this if it wasnt a former Cowboy, I think I would be the olny foolish one trying to make the case for that player if he wasnt a former Cowboy.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dez will have as much chance playing for the Cowboys as Brady. And they're both fat!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has always struggled with the pin point accuracy that allows or helps a receiver win these type of throws Dez will need. That's why they weren't dynamic together before and that issue hasn't gone away.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak has always struggled with the pin point accuracy that allows or helps a receiver win these type of throws Dez will need. That's why they weren't dynamic together before and that issue hasn't gone away.
That may have been one tiny part of the reason.

cern

Reaction score
Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He’s slowed down for sure but speed has never been his strength. As long as he can still win jump balls let’s do it...on a team-friendly contract of course.

for sure? Slowed down?

maybe watch check out his twitter account.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I know right?

Dez mentions "Witten role" and they assume he's talking about moving to TE! Oy!
i get to be the same way when dallas drafts a CB and we have a set of posters who invariably convert him to Safety and how that would work.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i get to be the same way when dallas drafts a CB and we have a set of posters who invariably convert him to Safety and how that would work.

You mean "position flex"? Where a guy is mediocre at more than one position on the field?

I hope that died with Garrett and Marinelli!
:thumbdown:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
You mean "position flex"? Where a guy is mediocre at more than one position on the field?

I hope that died with Garrett and Marinelli!
:thumbdown:
nah - more just some posters in here went ape-caca batty on every CB we drafted with the CONVERT TO SAFETY talk. it honestly made me start doing wholesale ignores of some people because i just got tired of every single CB being converted.

Einstein

Reaction score
Wonder if the thinking is if we can't get Cobb back Dez might be an alternative.