Dez responds to Ray Lewis with a Tweet

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Puke.

How do you think it makes guys like Zack Martin and Jason Witten feel when they hear about how much "passion" and "love" that Dez and Lewis have for the game? How they "work so hard"?

As if Martin and Witten don't have passion or work hard, too.

Tell the murdering SOB to shut up.

I think Martin and Witt would soak up every word Lewis has to say, bro. Don't include Dez and Lewis in the same sentence. Not at this point in their careers.

But this wasn't about Martin or Witt. Or Dez's passion. Pay attention. Watch the video. Then comment. Or don't.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yet the endless threads and posts on this subject dictate otherwise. Sorry if this bothered you, brosuf.

attachment.php

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Puke.

How do you think it makes guys like Zack Martin and Jason Witten feel when they hear about how much "passion" and "love" that Dez and Lewis have for the game? How they "work so hard"?

As if Martin and Witten don't have passion or work hard, too.

Tell the murdering SOB to shut up.
Ray Lewis being passionate about the game doesn't mean Martin or Witten are any less passionate.

Please step down off the high horse.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I find funny is that Dez is not causing any problems, yet because OBJ is, the sports media is bringing up Dez non-stop in an attempt to shift focus away from OBJ's antics or to downplay or dilute the stupidity and immaturity that OBJ has been showing lately.

The sports media just doesn't get it .. Non-Giants NFL fans know it's OBJ freaking out and not living up to the pre-ordained HoF GOAT receiver they've been hyping him to be the last two years.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
What I find funny is that Dez is not causing any problems, yet because OBJ is, the sports media is bringing up Dez non-stop in an attempt to shift focus away from OBJ's antics or to downplay or dilute the stupidity and immaturity that OBJ has been showing lately.

The sports media just doesn't get it .. Non-Giants NFL fans know it's OBJ freaking out and not living up to the pre-ordained HoF GOAT receiver they've been hyping him to be the last two years.

That's a fantastic observation, Reality.

Perhaps a large portion of the posted segment was just to get the Cowboy (large) viewership. But Ray and Shannon, both, expressed how much Dez has changed from when he entered the league, and they were very critical of OBJ (while also being critical of Dez, hence my reason for the posting).

I love Dez and think he gets way, way too much heat. But the board has been all over him, so I thought they would enjoy this.

But then Ray Lewis.

But a great point, Reality, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez going MIA was just over a week ago.
He went MIA because he feared his season was over after the same thing happening last year. Anyone who has ever played sports and suffered a serious leg injury only to hurt it again in the future has gone through that.

He didn't go MIA because he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him or because the NFL was not throwing flags on defenders against him or because he went partying or he took a trip somewhere. He went MIA on the players' day off by the way.

Stop acting like he did some horrible thing. He simply was afraid of bad news especially so close to hearing that same type of news last season.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I watched the video only because I didn't want to upset trouty for commenting and not watching.

I came away with the same opinion as always had. I love Lewis as a player but not as a speech giver. Lol He's over the top and boring. Jmo

Dez did deny the report. He said 20 bleeping meetings. Tell me when. Something close to that.

This is all a non issue as far as I'm concern. Just something for the media and fans to talk about.

Plumfool

Reaction score
He went MIA because he feared his season was over after the same thing happening last year. Anyone who has ever played sports and suffered a serious leg injury only to hurt it again in the future has gone through that. He didn't go MIA because he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him or because the NFL was not throwing flags on defenders against him or because he went partying or he took a trip somewhere.

Stop acting like he did some horrible thing. He simply was afraid of bad news especially so closed to hearing that same type of news last season.

I don't see how people can't see the difference. OB is throwing a childlike tantrum. Plain and simple.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He went MIA because he feared his season was over after the same thing happening last year. Anyone who has ever played sports and suffered a serious leg injury only to hurt it again in the future has gone through that. He didn't go MIA because he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him or because the NFL was not throwing flags on defenders against him or because he went partying or he took a trip somewhere.

Stop acting like he did some horrible thing. He simply was afraid of bad news especially so closed to hearing that same type of news last season.

Preach it, Reality! Fight the good fight!

Dez has a gnarly target on his back right now, but Ray did make some nice points as it relates to being a 17 year vet (and HoF'er and All-Time Great) and how that passion needs to translate to Dez's game if he's to take it to the next level.

I tend to agree with Ray there. Yes, Dez is unfairly scrutinized, but there are times where he should realize this, close out the noise, and just "sit in the meetings and take notes" as Ray said.

Dez gets way, way too much heat. Sadly our own fanbase dishes out the most. But Ray was also right on some of his points, and dead on on his OBJ takes.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
********* Last warning .. either focus on the content of the video or stop posting in this thread! ******************

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

It would help if Bryant were not publicly supporting Beckham's plight.

Diva problems, I guess.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't see how people can't see the difference. OB is throwing a childlike tantrum. Plain and simple.
It is not like Bryant has not done that. We have all seen it.

No, not every outburst on the sidelines is that, but he has had them.

I am all for players being "passionate". But honestly, in the case of WRs in particular, their special brand of it is not exactly helpful if it is not focused appropriately.

Then you have your classic diva WR.

Irvin was a close approximate. But unless my romantic bad memory is getting the best of me, he was yelling at teammates, not losing a battle to a sideline kicking net when he went off.