Dez should drop

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
drz is 6’2 220-25. In his prime , he had average speed , but good wiggle. That’s what made him a good receiver. Right now he’s not slow. He’s average speed. Why not drop 15 pounds? Michael Irvin was 6’2 212. Chris carter was 6’3 205. Why can’t dez still be physical at 210? A 15 pound weight drop would add much needed quickness to his game. All he needs is quickness not straight ahead speed.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
He broke his foot and now has knee issues, that’s how he lost a step. His weight is muscle mass primarily...
It started with the gold out. He didn’t show up until he got the contract. That affected his conditioning. It led yo injuries. Plus, remember he said “ man just pizza and burgers”. That probably affected his durability. Chad Johnson ate McDonald’s. His prime ended at 28.

Dez should take the to approach. T Owens was great and fast in his mid 30s. He also dropped weight as he got older. He went from 236 to 225, then 218. He can drop at least 10 pounds to ad quickness.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
He broke his foot and now has knee issues, that’s how he lost a step. His weight is muscle mass primarily...
Hall of fame players have said that as you get older, you should drop 2 pounds a year.
TO was 230 something with the 9ers. He was 226 with Philly. By the time he got the us, he was 218. He was still fast. He still smoked fast corners while in his mid 30s. dez was never a blazer and less weight can help his explosiveness. Mike was 212. Chris Carter was 208. Dez has played most of his career at 225.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ya,dude looks like a person could strike a kitchen match off his body,,,I can verify the slowing down aspects after foot injuries/ knee surgery,,, those compiled cumulative effects will reach a point to where that speed of pre-injury just isn't coming back( age, weakened desire & pain has a lot to do with it)

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Again, TO was in even better shape than Dez, probably the most conditioned wr ever. he lost more than 10 pounds after 30. People always felt he got faster during his career.

Verdict

Reaction score
drz is 6’2 220-25. In his prime , he had average speed , but good wiggle. That’s what made him a good receiver. Right now he’s not slow. He’s average speed. Why not drop 15 pounds? Michael Irvin was 6’2 212. Chris carter was 6’3 205. Why can’t dez still be physical at 210? A 15 pound weight drop would add much needed quickness to his game. All he needs is quickness not straight ahead speed.

Dez needs to gain weight (between his ears). He is obviously a mental midget.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ya,dude looks like a person could strike a kitchen match off his body,,,I can verify the slowing down aspects after foot injuries/ knee surgery,,, those compiled cumulative effects will reach a point to where that speed of pre-injury just isn't coming back( age, weakened desire & pain has a lot to do with it)

Most times, yes, though of course you have to look at each individual situation, how many people thought Peterson could come back from an ACL tear in 8 months and rush for over 2,000 yards? But realistically, the odds of a receiver improving at age 30 (by November, isn't it) are poor, sure Dez might be able to maintain his 2017 level of ability for another year or two, but haven't lots of folks complained about Dallas hanging on to players too long? Cowboys might just have factored in Dez's age with their decision to let him go...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Most times, yes, though of course you have to look at each individual situation, how many people thought Peterson could come back from an ACL tear in 8 months and rush for over 2,000 yards? But realistically, the odds of a receiver improving at age 30 (by November, isn't it) are poor, sure Dez might be able to maintain his 2017 level of ability for another year or two, but haven't lots of folks complained about Dallas hanging on to players too long? Cowboys might just have factored in Dez's age with their decision to let him go...

Copy That! with the 'ALL DAY' A.P. reference:thumbup:( the Vikes hold a fond berth in my harbour, as they are my little brothers team:lmao2:)
Ya know ,bro? All the latest hot skinny a fan can pan through on YouTube high grades out to 'X #88 just to ride off into the setting sun as a COWBOY & leaving miss kitty cryingo_O

* or that hot steaming slice of " in house" humble pie he will most definitely have to take a huge bite of & choke it on down , just don't compute in the correlation of his established casing-linero_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Dez needs to gain weight (between his ears). He is obviously a mental midget.
:rolleyes:

* and this is WHY yer to dwell on the peripheral EDGE of MY 'FOLLOWING' FONDNESS OF FELLOW FORUM FANS of which I choose to followo_O

** work on refining the blurts of crudeness,BRO!:starspin: