Dez sides with Beas

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember watching a couple of films of dez working out with the saints players. he was always a move or two behind the rest. looked totally out of shape. you could tell he hadn't spent his time way from football training seriously. perhaps he could sent out a Terrell owens video showing his washboard abs. or his rolls of flab. no one's going to come looking for dez. he'll need to send out his resume.

I think that the Achilles injury after just his second practice really supports that position.

Again, I'll be surprised if he gets another chance at this point. I hope he saved his money.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm not interested in what's best for Cole Beasley, he's not a Cowboy any longer. I don't disagree that him talking like this doesn't paint him in a good light. But I don't care about how he said what he said, only what he said. And his confirmation that we have continued to run a rudimentary, uninspired system that is a liability to our players.

That's the takeaway.
The more evidence Jerry has that this offense was predictable and easy to defend at times, the more chance he will finally do the smart thing and make changes. Hopefully, Moore gets the message! Talent alone does not win Playoff games. You need to scheme smart and call smart plays at the right time.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL if anything Dez is responsible for the simplicity of the offense. If that moron was capable of learning an offense the team might have considered trying to teach him one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more evidence Jerry has that this offense was predictable and easy to defend at times, the more chance he will finally do the smart thing and make changes. Hopefully, Moore gets the message! Talent alone does not win Playoff games. You need to scheme smart and call smart plays at the right time.

I think that it's occurred even to Jerry Jones at this point. I think that's why he finally fired Linehan and has willfully decide not to extend Garrett's contract.

He, more than anyone, realizes that the player talent is in place for success. And if the team disappoints, it's because the coaches disappointed and didn't hold up their end of the bargain. And they'll be fired and new ones brought in, for certain on the offensive side of the ball.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I mean it's not like they're not telling the truth. what's our biggest complaint about the carrot? Offense is too simple, outdated, and easy to plan for. literally the same thing they are saying.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean it's not like they're not telling the truth. what's our biggest complaint about the carrot? Offense is too simple, outdated, and easy to plan for. literally the same thing they are saying.

Some just can't bear to hear the truth, so they shoot the messenger.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to agree with you for the most part, but I also feel that predictability was a huge component as well. Opponents knew 'what the Cowboys do', and what was coming far too often. And those 9-yard comeback routes were far too prevalent, to the point to where it was a running joke.

The good news is that it's not difficult to make improvements. Just moving to a common set of route combinations instead of the excessive comebacks is an easy change to make.

The concern going forward is that scheme changes require players to learn and execute the plays. I don't think it will be a problem for this group of players; however, too much change too soon is always a concern with new coaches/schemes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The good news is that it's not difficult to make improvements. Just moving to a common set of route combinations instead of the excessive comebacks is an easy change to make.

The concern going forward is that scheme changes require players to learn and execute the plays. I don't think it will be a problem for this group of players; however, too much change too soon is always a concern with new coaches/schemes.
This is an important off season. Can the O line stay healthy and intact? Will Elliott be productive. And will another off season help Copper and Gallup improve?
Should be fun to watch. I think we have more tools offensively than we've had in awhile.

birdwells1

Reaction score
1. Stop tipping off the play with certain personnel packages.
2. Run different plays from same formation.
3. On third and short use the olines advantage by using the 11 package.
4. Stop using so many clear out routes which reduces the number of receivers that you can actually throw to.
5. Stop running so many comeback routes, hit wrs on the move so they can increase the RAC.
6. Develop an actual 3rd down scat/speed back.

All these will help the passing game but also the run game to.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
People take things too personally. Dez & Beas have a right to criticize the offense. Most of us have been criticizing it for years. The truth shouldn't be scorned even if it isn't what you want to hear.

It's been pretty well documented that coaches have been very dismissive of any suggestions from players during the Garrett regime.

I wish them well.

If the cowboys succeed it will likely be because they change, which will validate their opinion.
Close thread/

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why do y'all get butthurt when an athlete echoes the same thing we've been saying on here for almost a decade?

Garrett is a con-artist. A politician who hides behind empty catch phrases because his football IQ is not up to par. He's hamstrung a decent roster for years and gotten away with it because he knows how to lay it on thick with the bossman upstairs and can drive the bus over scapegoats with the best of them. The day he is gone will be the greatest day in this franchise's history since Super Bowl XXX.

Garrett isn't even really a con artist. A true con artist makes people believe in something that is not real or true. He isn't conning anyone with half a brain. We all know he is terrible and has no business even being a QB coach, much less a head coach. But Jerry loves him so he is hanging on. Jason isn't fooling anyone. He only still has a job because of Jerry.

Fans, ex players, current players and opposing players/coaches all say the same thing about this offense and that is, it's predictable and zero adjustments are made. No scheme is involved to make our players be in better spots to make plays. It is rolling out the ball and telling everyone to beat their man. And if they can't, then we are S.O.L. and nothing the coaches can or will do about it. It's been that way since Garrett came here in 2007. In the playoffs, adjustments have to be made as teams will adjust to what you are doing. But we don't play the chess match. We have no plan B and counter nothing. The entire Rams game, we did zero to adjust to what the Rams did on offense. None. It was embarrassing.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s rare that a great player doesn’t flourish in any offense.

What? Really? How many players flame out each year. All of them start out with the same opportunities, more of them flame out than flourish..lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What? Really? How many players flame out each year. All of them start out with the same opportunities, more of them flame out than flourish..lol

Great players find a way almost always.

Your argument is that a bunch of great players are flaming out quickly?

It’s rare to see a no name player switch teams and become great.

TO and Dez are battering Rams in catch and run scenarios but Garrett didn’t put them in a lot of those situations.

They still found a way in Garrett’s outdated / predictable offense to produce. Most because of the guy throwing the ball.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an important off season. Can the O line stay healthy and intact? Will Elliott be productive. And will another off season help Copper and Gallup improve?
Should be fun to watch. I think we have more tools offensively than we've had in awhile.

The only thing that worries me about the OLine is deep behind Tyron at LT.

Fleming is OK for a game here and there but the season would be doomed if he had to start most of the games at LT.

I hope they continue to give Connor Williams practice snaps at OT even if he is going to be the starting LG. Once the season is in progress, it would be too late to move him to OT if he had not practiced there in training camp.

Reactions: G2

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All these will help the passing game but also the run game to.
From 11 personnel (Play : Run)
Cowboys 66% : 34%
Patriots 68% : 32%
Rams 59% : 41%

Same formation or same personnel group?
The Rams ran most of their plays from the same personnel group but they used many formations.

They used 11 personnel on 81% of third downs.

4. Stop using so many clear out routes which reduces the number of receivers that you can actually throw to.
???
A big part of the Rams offense was how they used route combinations to setup specific players to get open.

5. Stop running so many comeback routes, hit wrs on the move so they can increase the RAC.
For YAC per target (all players with over 50 targets):
Zeke was 11th overall.
Amari Cooper was 4th for WRs.

Is there a 3rd down back better than Zeke?
Zeke 4th in receptions for RBs.
Zeke is an excellent pass blocker.

Tony Pollard
Terrific receiving ability as a RB in college
4.37 forty
Good blocker.

Tavon Austin
Randall Cobb (Has been used as a 3rd down back in the past)

Dre11

Reaction score
Great players find a way almost always.

Your argument is that a bunch of great players are flaming out quickly?

It’s rare to see a no name player switch teams and become great.

TO and Dez are battering Rams in catch and run scenarios but Garrett didn’t put them in a lot of those situations.

They still found a way in Garrett’s outdated / predictable offense to produce. Most because of the guy throwing the ball.

No that's your opinion, the coaches scheme put them in those positions, they weren't out there playing sandlot, they were playing within a system, with the qb making adjustments at the line like every damn qb in the league do as part of their jobs. Gtoh

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Why so many of you complain about the offense but get annoyed when a player does the same

birdwells1

Reaction score
From 11 personnel (Play : Run)
Cowboys 66% : 34%
Patriots 68% : 32%
Rams 59% : 41%

Same formation or same personnel group?
The Rams ran most of their plays from the same personnel group but they used many formations.

They used 11 personnel on 81% of third downs.

???
A big part of the Rams offense was how they used route combinations to setup specific players to get open.

For YAC per target (all players with over 50 targets):
Zeke was 11th overall.
Amari Cooper was 4th for WRs.

Is there a 3rd down back better than Zeke?
Zeke 4th in receptions for RBs.
Zeke is an excellent pass blocker.

Tony Pollard
Terrific receiving ability as a RB in college
4.37 forty
Good blocker.

Tavon Austin
Randall Cobb (Has been used as a 3rd down back in the past)
So I guess you're saying just keep doing what we've been doing right? Go linehan! Oh that's right he was fired. Lol