Dez still working out and vying for chance with Cowboys

ShortRound

Reaction score
E0LwQsI.gif

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t see any downside to bringing him in and letting him show what he has left. It would have to be in a deal that allowed him to easily be cut. He has stayed out of trouble and I’d be willing to see if he has matured and if his time away has made him appreciate what he could have been. It would be a one chance situation. You screw up once and you’re out. Don’t be late, don’t show up in the news, and no attitude. The first instance of either and you’re out. End of discussion.

dwreck27

Reaction score
It depends a lot on Dak. Was it just a chemistry mismatch?
I think Dez was a super lazy route runner and got by with Tony making him look way better than he was...

Dak needs others to help him elevate his game...

Dez can have a niche role here if he embraces being the #3 guy on the team worry about his quickness to play that slot

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dez is still going to be cut when he is 70 years old. But I still doubt his style would fit at this point unless its in a greatly reduced role.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dez is looking good. Better than his last few years with the Cowboys.

Sign him to the 90 man roster and see what he's still got? What say you?

:popcorn:

You do not want me to comment on this.

We will be here past dinner posting.

Yes..a 1000 times yes.

I only had to ask my first wife if she would marry me once.

My second wife took a month to get an answer.

Older but wiser I guess.

Meh..

Dez feels erriely like my 2nd wife.

Oh boy.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I think Dez was a super lazy route runner and got by with Tony making him look way better than he was...

Dak needs others to help him elevate his game...

Dez can have a niche role here if he embraces being the #3 guy on the team worry about his quickness to play that slot
Dez was a good punt returner but a bad route runner. Normally good returners are good route runners.

I just think it was the coaches putting too much in Dak's head too quickly. He and Dez had a good connection in 2016 but in 2017 Dak was reading and thinking instead of just releasing.

So I'm on board with bringing Dez back (as a backup) and putting Cooper in the slot. Cooper would be deadly from the slot IMO.