DEZ (X) vs DT

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Heres a debate that will maybe help keep our minds off how bad we are for a minute. Lol

Dez Bryant (X) vs Demaryius Thomas

Both in 2010 draft the broncos took dt with the 22nd pick and we took dez with the 24th.

I think dez is better all around and for sure has a higher ceiling. Here's the debate on the broncos forum. But of course your going to be baised when they are on your team.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?225599-Cowboys-Week-Dez-vs-Demaryius

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly thinky they are extremely close... Any difference is neglible.. Dez i better grabbing the ball br Dt seems better after the catch...hard to tell though since i dont get to watch all Broncos games.

Jenky

Reaction score
Very close, but they have Manning. Future HOFer is only going to help DT more.

btcutter

Reaction score
Dez and it's not close. WR is about ball skills which Dez >> DT. DT has a HOF throwing perfect passes to him. Peyton is also on a record setting TD pass so DT is benefiting from that. If Dez has Brady or Peyton he would be unbelievable.

Jenky

Reaction score
Dez and it's not close. WR is about ball skills which Dez >> DT. DT has a HOF throwing perfect passes to him. Peyton is also on a record setting TD pass so DT is benefiting from that. If Dez has Brady or Peyton he would be unbelievable.

Benefiting from a lot more than Manning. They virtually have three #1s playing receiver and an up and coming TE. He's going to get a lot of single coverage.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

So using this same argument in your case, Barry Sanders was a better RB than Emmitt...I mean, Emmitt had the best OL in the NFL for practically his whole career. I hate when people use that argument. The WR cannot do anything about which QB is throwing to him...

Dez and DT are the exact same player. Both have ball skills (Dez is a bit better at this), both have RAC ability (DT better at this), both seem to have their head on straight finally, and both are good blockers.

tico

Reaction score
If our playing calling had some salsa & allowed Romo to go down field. Like he used to be able to with TO & T.Glenn, Dez would be way better.. But this popcorn JG is serving has no flavor. lol

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If our playing calling had some salsa & allowed Romo to go down field. Like he used to be able to with TO & T.Glenn, Dez would be way better.. But this popcorn JG is serving has no flavor. lol

Wasn't Garrett involved in the offensive design and play-calling back then as well? Just asking...

I'm not sure what the numbers say, but to the eye this offense hasn't had the same" pop" since Glenn and TO left.

btcutter

Reaction score
So using this same argument in your case, Barry Sanders was a better RB than Emmitt...I mean, Emmitt had the best OL in the NFL for practically his whole career. I hate when people use that argument. The WR cannot do anything about which QB is throwing to him...

Dez and DT are the exact same player. Both have ball skills (Dez is a bit better at this), both have RAC ability (DT better at this), both seem to have their head on straight finally, and both are good blockers.

RB and WR are completely different positions. I don't think you can use that comparision. Once RB is handed the ball, it's completely upto them. RB also touches the ball 20x per game. WR depends completely on QB in terms of number of touches, placement of balls and even routes.

I'm not saying DT isn't a very good player. After seeing them both perform, I think Dez has superior ball skills.

Ender

Reaction score
Dez... If Dez had Peyton throwing him the ball he'd probably be the best receiver in the NFL. Just havent seen DT do the things Dez has done.

tico

Reaction score
Wasn't Garrett involved in the offensive design and play-calling back then as well? Just asking...

I'm not sure what the numbers say, but to the eye this offense hasn't had the same" pop" since Glenn and TO left.

Sparano & JG

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If DT had to get double covered every play this wouldn't even be a debate, IMO.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Dez... If Dez had Peyton throwing him the ball he'd probably be the best receiver in the NFL. Just havent seen DT do the things Dez has done.

He'd never have to dive 6 yards to catch a football thrown from Peyton. Then again, the routine catch seems to be Dez's achilles heal.

dupree89

Reaction score
I would take either one, but I go with Dez and I admit its just a selfish reason. I just like how the kid seems to really be maturing and he appears to be really trying to say and do the right things. If he keeps this up, his potential is off the charts.

And with that said...I would still rather have Belichick, Tom Brady and a bunch of nobodies at WR, TE and RB. They are spitting in the face of people who seem to think that you have to have stars at WR, RB and TE.
Not true when you have THEE head coach and THEE QB.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Actually Emmitt made the oline what it was. You had converted DT playing on the line and undfa playing as well. A HOF talent can make everyone better.