Did anyone catch Goodell on with Norm about Pac Man?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
J-DOG;2060420 said:
I agree with the way Goodell is handling this.
Let the Pac Man thing be decided right before training camp.
But what I find ironic is that he was in a big hurry to sweep the Patriots cheating under the rug and then destroy the evidence.
To me, if Goodell would have punished the Patriots more and made them give up the highest 1st round pick instead of thier own first round pick and then suspended Belicheck...that would have been consistent with his prior harsh punishments that he handed down before.
But he didn't do that.

Good post.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2060206 said:
Basically, I got the impression that Pac Man is a longshot to get reinstated this year. He better get his story straight, because they're going to "cross examine" him at length over the summer during their meeting, and if he's been less than forthcoming or trying to cover up anything they're going to nail him on it.
I recapped another interview with Goodell on this subject in another thread yesterday, and I got the totally opposite feeling. I think he pretty much said it's likely he's reinstated before training camp.

links18

Reaction score
Why it's any of the league's business if PacMan goes to legal strip clubs is beyond me. if it ain't illegal, its none of their damn business what he does.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
links18;2060463 said:
Why it's any of the league's business if PacMan goes to legal strip clubs is beyond me. if it ain't illegal, its none of their {expletive} business what he does.

Yes it is. The NFL has the right to suspend and/or fine players for conduct detrimental to the league, whether it's legal or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't blame Goodell, Pacman is a grown man and needs to start acting like it. If he has lied to Goodell about the facts or is hiding other information what choice does Goodell have? Hopefully Pacman will be honest and upfront with Goodell and can put this behind him but that is really up to Pacman. Time to grow up!!!!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
A tiger can't change its stripes. Pac Man has demonstrated time and again, even after he intially got into trouble and had Goodell breathing down his neck, that he cannot and will not change. I don't think we'll ever see him play one down in a Dallas uniform, and I can't say that I am upset by that. It's not like he's a shutdown corner or anything.

juck

Reaction score
Its weird how in the 60s thru the 90s teams players did so much more as far as getting into trouble and it wasnt scrutinized like this.Goodell is an idiot flashing his badge.But a guy cheats and gets away with it.To me if a player isnt in jail he shouldnt be suspended clear cut.Thats his personal life.if a player wants to be a f--k up then so be it.He isnt affecting his team if he comes to practice,works hard,etc... It should be up to each team.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2060808 said:
I don't blame Goodell, Pacman is a grown man and needs to start acting like it. If he has lied to Goodell about the facts or is hiding other information what choice does Goodell have? Hopefully Pacman will be honest and upfront with Goodell and can put this behind him but that is really up to Pacman. Time to grow up!!!!

That's how I feel.

There's venom in this thread directed at Goodell and the poster. Adam Jones apparently went from being the bad boy to our boy.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
links18;2060463 said:
Why it's any of the league's business if PacMan goes to legal strip clubs is beyond me. if it ain't illegal, its none of their damn business what he does.

It is when that particular type of behavior leads to legal incidents repeatedly. It's called probation and the legal world does it all the time. Goodell has every right to put Pacman on probation and say "stay clear of strip clubs and known thug associates or else...".

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2061006 said:
That's how I feel.

There's venom in this thread directed at Goodell and the poster. Adam Jones apparently went from being the bad boy to our boy.
Actually, it's more Goodell animosity than uber-love for Pacman, IMO. Yeah there's a bunch of Pacman love on this board, but the animosity to Goodell is twofold: he holds the fate of Pacman in his hands and they hate how he's distributed league discipline. Goodell entered his role as Commish with a sledgehammer. The problem is there are many people who disagree with how he's swung it to this point.

Personally, I have very few issues with how he's applied the rules. I think he tries to be fair, but I do think he mis-handled the Patriots thing. I would've been ok with the fines and loss of draft pick had he not destroyed the tapes. I can only imagine how useful they could be after he has his meeting with Matt Walsh.

Other than that, I have no issue with how he's handled player discipline. Millions of people go to work everyday without being an embarrassment to their employer. The NFLPA dropped the ball on the appeal process.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2060206 said:
Goodell said he gave PacMan clearance to workout with a team (Titans) this year in the offseason program, and then the league uncovered something that was "inconsistent" with what PacMan had told them previously so he had those rights revoked.

Norm asked Goodell if he thought it would be better for PacMan if he had the structure and support of a team around him to stay out of trouble, and Goodell said he got into all this trouble with the support of the Titans organization ... this isn't about support, this is one person who needs to take acccountability for his personal decisions.

Goodell is going to sit down to with PacMan over the summer and go over this extortion story at length and make sure that every detail is consistent with what he's told the NFL previously to make sure he's been forthcoming about everything.

Basically, I got the impression that Pac Man is a longshot to get reinstated this year. He better get his story straight, because they're going to "cross examine" him at length over the summer during their meeting, and if he's been less than forthcoming or trying to cover up anything they're going to nail him on it.

I just hope the good commish holds the Pats to the same standards if they're story proves to be "inconsistent".

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Pacman better get back in, a year is more than enough of a suspension for someone that's never been convicted of anything....Pacman is my boy so I may be a little biased.

Pacman will get back in and quicly become the WR Eater.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2060639 said:
Yes it is. The NFL has the right to suspend and/or fine players for conduct detrimental to the league, whether it's legal or not.

True- but I'll bet my next 5 paychecks that there are a whole lot more players goin' to stripclubs than PacMan - guaranteed.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2061086 said:
True- but I'll bet my next 5 paychecks that there are a whole lot more players goin' to stripclubs than PacMan - guaranteed.
On the flip side of that is how many of them have had as many strip club-related incidents as Pacman?

That's where the difference lies. I have no issue with people who want to go to those places, but this is obviously Pacman's weakness and for him, his attendance always seem to find him in trouble.