Did anyone get Ed Werder's Interview with Colin Cowherd

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Did anyone get the Ed Werder interview that he just did with Colin Cowherd. I was on the phone talking Cowboys with a friend, so I didn't get a chance to hear it.

I know at one point he was stating that Tony Romo had violated some of the advice Bill Parcells gave him before he left.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I havent listened to the radio yet today, but nationally is that all they are doing is talking about Dallas?

I mean, denver is in full collapse mode, mcnabb went back to being horrible in a huge game, tampa who many called the best team not named the giants 3 weeks ago lost at home also.......and then of course everybody's favorite the ny jets and favre scored 3 points against the seahawks.

Remember how we beat the seahawks and everyone nationally said but seattle sucks and Dallas should win? I am curious what the excuses for the jets are?

But apparently griping about our loss gets more attention.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2518119 said:
Did anyone get the Ed Werder interview that he just did with Colin Cowherd. I was on the phone talking Cowboys with a friend, so I didn't get a chance to hear it.

I know at one point he was stating that Tony Romo had violated some of the advice Bill Parcells gave him before he left.

Yeah he's smelling his own farts. Romo is losing the one attribute that made him so great in the first place, humility. He was humble and quietly confident in his skills. Now he is starting to seem a little pompous, especially in post game interviews. I think deep down inside he is getting a little insecure, and may be bothered by the press clippings more than he wants us to believe.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;2518137 said:
I havent listened to the radio yet today, but nationally is that all they are doing is talking about Dallas?

I mean, denver is in full collapse mode, mcnabb went back to being horrible in a huge game, tampa who many called the best team not named the giants 3 weeks ago lost at home also.......and then of course everybody's favorite the ny jets and favre scored 3 points against the seahawks.

Remember how we beat the seahawks and everyone nationally said but seattle sucks and Dallas should win? I am curious what the excuses for the jets are?

Let me break it down for you. Everyone else != The Dallas Cowboys :laugh2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2518137 said:

Love this post.

GoinForSix;2518139 said:
Yeah he's smelling his own farts. Romo is losing the one attribute that made him so great in the first place, humility. He was humble and quietly confident in his skills. Now he is starting to seem a little pompous, especially in post game interviews. I think deep down inside he is getting a little insecure, and may be bothered by the press clippings more than he wants us to believe.

I can see this is going to be oft-repeated, but not supported this week. I can't wait to hear about it over and over again.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I heard it. It was more of the same recycled Cowherd garbage, and Werder just fed it to him with a baby spoon. Wade sucks, Parcells is God, Jerry sucks, Romo has gone to hell since Parcells left (we'll ignore last year, of course), TO could work on a disciplined team but he won't work here, Jerry is back in charge, Wade isn't safe no matter what Jerry says, Romo is a celebrity QB now (despite the fact that he's been far less visible this year than last) and finally more groping of Parcells' nether regions.

Basically the same vapid, superficial things Cowherd says on every Monday after a loss.

Oh, and Werder so wants this team to collapse, it's funny. "Voice of Doom" indeed.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I heard cowterd today. Trent dilfer was on hammering teams like dallas, philly, texans, and denver, and the jets for not being prepared to take advantage of the opportunity in front of them. Couldn't really find fault in anything he said.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
theebs;2518137 said:

Some of you guys try but just can't remove your bias. Always blame someone for our terrible owner, coach and on-field (and off field) play.

Jets have equally as bad coaching but were on the road (not severved up a home turkey day at home, on short week). Jets haven't won out west yet this year. The loss was no surprise.

When did Denver's GM talk about expectations of a superbowl?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
chinch;2518239 said:
Some of you guys try but just can't remove your bias. Always blame someone for our terrible owner, coach and on-field (and off field) play.

Jets have equally as bad coaching but were on the road (not severved up a home turkey day at home, on short week). Jets haven't won out west yet this year. The loss was no surprise.

I have no bias. I find hypocritical things like the way are win over the seahawks was treated as opposed to when ny and philly beat them.

and your barking up the wrong tree telling me about the owner and coach. I would ship them both off in a second. well jerry the owner is tolerable, but the gm needs to go.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
chinch;2518239 said:

You got that right.

Those teams lost to FAR inferior opponents, but some of you guys act like we just lost to the Chiefs.

CoCo

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2518286 said:
You got that right.

Those teams lost to FAR inferior opponents, but some of you guys act like we just lost to the Chiefs.

BINGO!

I'm not saying this team doesn't have its warts. It does. And its probably destined to underachieve this year even though I hope we overcome.

But its ALWAYS a bigger deal when Dallas loses. It comes with being in teh spotlight.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
theebs;2518278 said:
I have no bias. I find hypocritical things like the way are win over the seahawks was treated as opposed to when ny and philly beat them.
come on... you can't find a HOME THANKSGIVING GAME (of team with superbowl expectations) similar to a ROAD sunday game on the west coast (with probable playoff expectations)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got that right.

You quoted him, so you have to clarify for me. Did he just say the Jets losing in SEA was no surprise and that was support for his conclusion that some people on the board are blinded by bias?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You got that right.

You keep trying to simplify our loss. It's not just THAT we lost, it's HOW we lost.

Try to keep that in mind... if at all possible.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
chinch;2518363 said:
come on... you can't find a HOME THANKSGIVING GAME (of team with superbowl expectations) similar to a ROAD sunday game on the west coast (with probable playoff expectations)

the jets were a 9-5 team needing to win playing against seneca wallace.

Why should they not be crucified for that loss? I dont see how anyone can poo poo our win in the dominant fashion and then not crucify the jets?

Now if you want to say the jets lost a tough game, then fine the same people should have said we won a tough game.

that is all I am saying.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
theebs;2518420 said:
the jets were a 9-5 team needing to win playing against seneca wallace.

Why should they not be crucified for that loss? I dont see how anyone can poo poo our win in the dominant fashion and then not crucify the jets?

Now if you want to say the jets lost a tough game, then fine the same people should have said we won a tough game.

that is all I am saying.
we were HOME vs SEA. Seatle was a gift-wrapped game.

The Ravens also was a HOME SENDOFF game. Not a gimme but to any real team this is a lock (no reason for letdown, playoffs on the line, not a trap game -- make less mistakes then our opponent and 90% chance we win).

OTOH the Jets were on WEST COAST (0-4 now there) playing the Walrus' SENDOFF GAME. The're REELING (and would have lost last week if not for a lucky fumble & play on defense, late in the game - allowed by stupid playcalling)

THe fact that you can't wrap your mind around that is sorta scary, because you're one of the more reasonable posters here (not blind homer or hater) when assessing things.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
chinch;2518444 said:

The Ravens also was a HOME SENDOFF game. Not a gimme but to any real team this is a lock (no reason for letdown, playoffs on the line, not a trap game -- make less mistakes then our opponent and 90% chance we win).

OTOH the Jets were on WEST COAST (0-4 now there) playing the Walrus' SENDOFF GAME.

THe fact that you can't wrap your mind around that is sorta scary, because you're one of the more reasonable posters here (not blind homer or hater) when assessing things.

I'm sorry but this is such a lame excuse for the Jets to lose to the Seahawks.

Jets needed that game, and they failed to win. And now they will most likely miss the playoffs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
chinch;2518444 said:

OTOH the Jets were on WEST COAST (0-4 now there) playing the Walrus' SENDOFF GAME.

I understand exactly what your saying. but a home sendoff game doesnt lessen baltimores talent or coaching. The game being mike holmgrens last game doesnt change the fact that seneca wallace is playing quarterback.

and again, You are missing my point. If it was such a no brainer that we were going to beat seattle, at home, then the jets for all the hype they get nationally should have had no issues going there and winning. That is all, call it even.

I see no way how any game is gift wrapped. Seattle rolled in here with hassleback, engram and branch back in the lineup and the game was giftwrapped? I dont get that. I understand the premise you are using that we should have won that game, but I also think the jets should have won yesterday.

and my whole argument is from the national medias perception. The jets just went to tennessee and won, on the road against the number 1 team in the league, so why shouldnt they be expected to win at seattle? and if they dont, why is that not the biggest story.

Dallas lost to a playoff bound 9 now 10 win team. The jets at 9-5 lost to the seneca wallace led seahawks who everyone concludes are a terrible team. Just be consistent is all I am saying.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theebs;2518468 said:
I understand exactly what your saying. but a home sendoff game doesnt lessen baltimores talent or coaching. The game being mike holmgrens last game doesnt change the fact that seneca wallace is playing quarterback.

and again, You are missing my point. If it was such a no brainer that we were going to beat seattle, at home, then the jets for all the hype they get nationally should have had no issues going there and winning. That is all, call it even.

I see no way how any game is gift wrapped. Seattle rolled in here with hassleback, engram and branch back in the lineup and the game was giftwrapped? I dont get that. I understand the premise you are using that we should have won that game, but I also think the jets should have won yesterday.

and my whole argument is from the national medias perception. The jets just went to tennessee and won, on the road against the number 1 team in the league, so why shouldnt they be expected to win at seattle? and if they dont, why is that not the biggest story.

Dallas lost to a playoff bound 9 now 10 win team. The jets at 9-5 lost to the seneca wallace led seahawks who everyone concludes are a terrible team. Just be consistent is all I am saying.

Wallace has a 90 QB rating this year. He's playing solid. Just cuz you've never heard of him doesn't mean he sucks or is "Sucking".

Wallace is playing better then Hasselback was playing, by a long shot.