Did anyone get Ed Werder's Interview with Colin Cowherd

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2518193 said:
I heard it. It was more of the same recycled Cowherd garbage, and Werder just fed it to him with a baby spoon. Wade sucks, Parcells is God, Jerry sucks, Romo has gone to hell since Parcells left (we'll ignore last year, of course), TO could work on a disciplined team but he won't work here, Jerry is back in charge, Wade isn't safe no matter what Jerry says, Romo is a celebrity QB now (despite the fact that he's been far less visible this year than last) and finally more groping of Parcells' nether regions.

Basically the same vapid, superficial things Cowherd says on every Monday after a loss.

Oh, and Werder so wants this team to collapse, it's funny. "Voice of Doom" indeed.
Cowherd's been almost exactly right about the Cowboys. That's what really sticks in the craw of those who bash him.

What was said was that Romo has become the "celebrity QB" that Parcells warned him about, which is true.

It really irks some fans that all the media doomsayers who said that Hard Knocks was a distraction, that TO would be a lot of trouble, that Pacman would get in trouble, that Wade is too soft and the team will be undisciplined, that Romo is too unfocused and undisicplined to win in December....well, they were right. In spades.

A team with loads more talent than all but a couple of teams in the league is on the virge of not even being in the playoffs. Most of the negative press the Cowboys received since losing to the Giants last January has come to fruition.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rack;2518496 said:
Wallace has a 90 QB rating this year. He's playing solid. Just cuz you've never heard of him doesn't mean he sucks or is "Sucking".

Wallace is playing better then Hasselback was playing, by a long shot.

What makes you think I havent heard of him. I have watched him plenty this year. He was awful in most games I watched. Hassleback had a pretty bad injury and tried to play through it and could not but to say the seahawks wouldnt be a better team with hassleback and then give me wallace's passer rating dont lessen the jets loss.

Wallace played better the last two weeks, but again do you think after beating the titans on the road the 9-5 jets shouldnt be scewered for losing to seattle?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theebs;2518524 said:
What makes you think I havent heard of him. I have watched him plenty this year. He was awful in most games I watched. Hassleback had a pretty bad injury and tried to play through it and could not but to say the seahawks wouldnt be a better team with hassleback and then give me wallace's passer rating dont lessen the jets loss.

Wallace played better the last two weeks, but again do you think after beating the titans on the road the 9-5 jets shouldnt be scewered for losing to seattle?

:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure you made it a point to watch many seahawks games this year.

And It's amazing he was "Awful" in the games you watched yet he's thrown 9 TD passes to just 1 int.

I'm not claiming that's "Great" but it's far from "Awful".

The point is you kept bringing up Wallace as if he were Brad Johnson and it was a disgrace the Jets lost to such a sorry QB when the FACTS say that Wallace is having a pretty solid season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rack;2518552 said:

And It's amazing he was "Awful" in the games you watched yet he's thrown 9 TD passes to just 1 int.

The point is you kept bringing up Wallace as if he were Brad Johnson and it was a disgrace the Jets lost to such a sorry QB when the FACTS say that Wallace is having a pretty solid season.

Whether Wallace is playing good or not shouldn't matter.

The Seahawks suck and the Jets lost to them.

The media swings back and forth on our bandwaggon all year.

If we suck so bad and have so many issues than why even talk about us??????

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rack;2518552 said:

actually I record and download many games genius. I watched every seahwaks game against the nfc and afc east.

Wallace did not run the offense like hassleback does sorry, you can show me whatever numbers you want, throw in the running game struggled and the wr core was down to nothing with all the early injuries and it makes sense that wallace struggled.

and again, Wallace at the helm is much different than matt hasselback. The last two games wallace has played better and above expecations but he was part of the many problems they had early.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CoCo;2518312 said:
BINGO!

I'm not saying this team doesn't have its warts. It does. And its probably destined to underachieve this year even though I hope we overcome.

But its ALWAYS a bigger deal when Dallas loses. It comes with being in teh spotlight.

That spotlight being "Hard Knocks."

Also being crowned the NFC's representative in the Super Bowl before the season starts doesn't help either.

alancdc

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2518234 said:
I heard cowterd today. Trent dilfer was on hammering teams like dallas, philly, texans, and denver, and the jets for not being prepared to take advantage of the opportunity in front of them. Couldn't really find fault in anything he said.

I think Dilfer is totally fair. I like the guy and agree with him that we missed a big opportunity to rest some folks this weekend!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theebs;2518566 said:
actually I record and download many games genius. I watched every seahwaks game against the nfc and afc east.

Wallace did not run the offense like hassleback does sorry, you can show me whatever numbers you want, throw in the running game struggled and the wr core was down to nothing with all the early injuries and it makes sense that wallace struggled.

and again, Wallace at the helm is much different than matt hasselback. The last two games wallace has played better and above expecations but he was part of the many problems they had early.

Being that Hassleback had a QB rating in the 50's this year, that's a good thing for the Seahawks.

Ignore the FACTS all you want, but Wallace has been playign MUCH better then Hassleback this year.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who's playing QB, the Seahawks had 3 wins going into yesterday.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rack;2518601 said:
Being that Hassleback had a QB rating in the 50's this year, that's a good thing for the Seahawks.

Ignore the FACTS all you want, but Wallace has been playign MUCH better then Hassleback this year.

No kidding. I clearly said hassleback had a very serious injury, but he still runs the offense better and you could see it in our game.

Its comical that you think wallace is the better qb because he had a higher passer rating this year than hassleback.

and wallace playing better this year, well how could he not he has pariticpated in 12 games? How could he not improve.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
theebs;2518137 said:
I havent listened to the radio yet today, but nationally is that all they are doing is talking about Dallas?

I mean, denver is in full collapse mode, mcnabb went back to being horrible in a huge game, tampa who many called the best team not named the giants 3 weeks ago lost at home also.......and then of course everybody's favorite the ny jets and favre scored 3 points against the seahawks.

Remember how we beat the seahawks and everyone nationally said but seattle sucks and Dallas should win? I am curious what the excuses for the jets are?

But apparently griping about our loss gets more attention.

Theebs my man I couldnt have said it better myself.......:hammer: :hammer:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I think some of you guys are putting more emphasis on who says things as opposed to what's being said.

I heard the interview with Cowherd and Dilfer and Werder.

And I could care less about all three of them.

But what they were saying about Romo is the truth.

And I love Tony Romo, he's one of my three fav players on this team.

But he has to stop with the dumb throws already.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
chinch;2518444 said:
we were HOME vs SEA. Seatle was a gift-wrapped game.

The Ravens also was a HOME SENDOFF game. Not a gimme but to any real team this is a lock (no reason for letdown, playoffs on the line, not a trap game -- make less mistakes then our opponent and 90% chance we win).

OTOH the Jets were on WEST COAST (0-4 now there) playing the Walrus' SENDOFF GAME. The're REELING (and would have lost last week if not for a lucky fumble & play on defense, late in the game - allowed by stupid playcalling)

THe fact that you can't wrap your mind around that is sorta scary, because you're one of the more reasonable posters here (not blind homer or hater) when assessing things.

Your mastery of basic logic is a bit off.

Our play versus Seattle has nothing to do with the Jets escaping blame for that loss. The Jets lost a much needed game against a horridly injured team(one of the few more injured teams than the Cowboys btw) while Dallas is crucified for losing to a Baltimore team that just about every analyst says no one wants to play in the playoffs.

From a pure Cowboys perspective we needed to win and that deserves criticism but as Dilfer noted like 5 teams spit the same bit and many of them faced much weaker competition. Theebs point is logical and valid. Apply that same blowtorch to all these teams.

No one feels sorry for the Dallas Cowboys but people, especially the home fan base, needs to wake up to reality. This is a team that is horridly banged up and fighting for its life every week for the past six after getting in a 5-4 hole because Tony Romo was out injured. The team has picked up some tough wins this year and basically played a murderer's row schedule down the stretch.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Rack;2518496 said:
Wallace has a 90 QB rating this year. He's playing solid. Just cuz you've never heard of him doesn't mean he sucks or is "Sucking".

Wallace is playing better then Hasselback was playing, by a long shot.

bingo. hasselback STUNK up the field and was sloppy (like romo) with the ball while injured.

plus the jets D is deplorable. i'd wager most of you guys never watched many jets game carefully anyways or are plugged into them. If you did you'd know the loss was no shocker. no biggie.

sorry if some of you guys don't respect the concept of road vs home, etc.

some of you guys would refute the earth being round if it meant admitting the boys choked or were coached poorly.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bingo again.

I'm quite upset that all these concerns HAVE COME TO FRUITION but many here just shoot the messenger and take Wade & Jerruh's cue to bury their head in the sand and pump sunshine.

even if we win a playoff game or two NOTHING changes the fact that all this (what homers call negative) analysis is dead on, bullseye.

Double Trouble;2518519 said:
Cowherd's been almost exactly right about the Cowboys. That's what really sticks in the craw of those who bash him.

What was said was that Romo has become the "celebrity QB" that Parcells warned him about, which is true.

It really irks some fans that all the media doomsayers who said that Hard Knocks was a distraction, that TO would be a lot of trouble, that Pacman would get in trouble, that Wade is too soft and the team will be undisciplined, that Romo is too unfocused and undisicplined to win in December....well, they were right. In spades.

A team with loads more talent than all but a couple of teams in the league is on the virge of not even being in the playoffs. Most of the negative press the Cowboys received since losing to the Giants last January has come to fruition.

slick325

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2518193 said:
I heard it. It was more of the same recycled Cowherd garbage, and Werder just fed it to him with a baby spoon. Wade sucks, Parcells is God, Jerry sucks, Romo has gone to hell since Parcells left (we'll ignore last year, of course), TO could work on a disciplined team but he won't work here, Jerry is back in charge, Wade isn't safe no matter what Jerry says, Romo is a celebrity QB now (despite the fact that he's been far less visible this year than last) and finally more groping of Parcells' nether regions.
Basically the same vapid, superficial things Cowherd says on every Monday after a loss.

Oh, and Werder so wants this team to collapse, it's funny. "Voice of Doom" indeed.

LOL! That recap made me spit my water out!