Did Belichick take poor value in a trade to screw the Jets?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note, is there an issue with Twitter? I can’t go directly to any of these links today?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note, is there an issue with Twitter? I can’t go directly to any of these links today?
Here's the full tweet.

Report: #Patriots Bill Belichick just wanted to "f--k the Jets" when he traded with the #Steelers during the Draft, an NFL GM told the @washingtonpost

"Belichick did it just to f--- the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take.”, “Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets. He knew exactly what he was doing.”

The report claims that Belichick took a lesser value trade than he could've in order to allow the Steelers to jump from pick 17 to 14 and draft the guy the Jets wanted, OT Broderick Jones.

The Steelers paid a 4th round pick for the move up, the report claimed the Pats could've gotten a 3rd from another team instead.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Unless it was Washington this doesn't make any sense.

I think "F the Jets" was more of an added bonus than any rationale for making the trade.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must be on your end. Works fine for me.
Yeah. It’s strange. Every Twitter post that I click on or try to share (from here) takes me to an ‘Oops!’ page with a poodle in a chair that tells me it can’t be found.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the full tweet.

Report: #Patriots Bill Belichick just wanted to "f--k the Jets" when he traded with the #Steelers during the Draft, an NFL GM told the @washingtonpost

"Belichick did it just to f--- the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take.”, “Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets. He knew exactly what he was doing.”

The report claims that Belichick took a lesser value trade than he could've in order to allow the Steelers to jump from pick 17 to 14 and draft the guy the Jets wanted, OT Broderick Jones.

The Steelers paid a 4th round pick for the move up, the report claimed the Pats could've gotten a 3rd from another team instead.
Thanks!

rags747

Reaction score
Too bad the Jets are going to have Bills # this upcoming season.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It would seem out of character for a coach like Belichick to deliberately accept low value, but I guess it's possible. Belichick is sometimes hard to read. I still haven't figured out why he cut Bernie Kosar when he was the Browns HC, thus giving the Cowboys the best backup QB in the league.