Did Cowboys' La'el Collins Get Suspended for Missing 7 Drug Tests?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Collins was a huge character concern coming out. Top 10 talent that went undrafted because of it…so I’m not so surprised he isn’t working out. We can cut him after this season with minimal dead cap.

ultron

Reaction score
Here's what's annoying about how news is reported.

The NFL suspended a player.
The talking heads report it to the fans.
Nobody knows the details.
Info leaks out bit by bit.
Everyone rushes to conclusions.

WHY does the NFL withhold the details!?!
They have an entire network specifically for their league.
My guess is because it could open them up to a major major lawsuit if the test ends up being a false positive or anything to that degree. A very good lawyer would take the NFL to the cleaners if they put out information on a player that ended up being false.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yes lets harass a kid whos never been in any actual trouble for little things he did in college 6 years ago are you serious my g?
Bad decisions follow you everywhere. It's not my fault and I'm not saying it's right, but they do. Especially when you're in the public eye.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Collins was a huge character concern coming out. Top 10 talent that went undrafted because of it…so I’m not so surprised he isn’t working out. We can cut him after this season with minimal dead cap.
He went undrafted because his gf ended up dead like days before the draft. And his agent told teams if he didnt go first round dont bother drafting him he wont sign

RoboQB

Reaction score
My guess is because it could open them up to a major major lawsuit if the test ends up being a false positive or anything to that degree. A very good lawyer would take the NFL to the cleaners if they put out information on a player that ended up being false.

There's nothing in the rules that matches the suspension time.
The rules state a 4-game suspension.
They should be obligated to explain this.

I don't get the false positive legal narrative.
He's suspended. Why? Violation.
They should explain the ruling.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh, I know where this is going, because Goddell wants to sabotage the leagues most profitable, and most watched franchise, right?
Not where I was going at all. I was just wondering your thoughts on why Watson is not suspended after 21 different people accused him of something and Collins is. That's all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not where I was going at all. I was just wondering your thoughts on why Watson is not suspended after 21 different people accused him of something and Collins is. That's all.
Watson should be suspended also, but I'm not going to say that until Watson is suspended then there should be no rules for anyone else.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He went undrafted because his gf ended up dead like days before the draft. And his agent told teams if he didnt go first round dont bother drafting him he wont sign

Wow I didn’t know that. I knew he was interviewed in a murder case but I didn’t know it was his girlfriend.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He went undrafted due to one specific event. Right before the draft, his girlfriend was murdered. The police had not yet ruled him out in the case. This scared off teams and his agent told teams that if we was not going to be drafted in the first, to not draft him. Right after the draft, he was 100% cleared of any involvement in the murder.

Being acquainted with someone who is killed, is an odd criteria for 'character concerns'

stiletto

Reaction score
If you are getting tested 10x a month, something is wrong or the league must absolutely "think" something is wrong with the player. Didn't they relax the weed rules anyways? What was he doing smoking a kilo a day?? Seems weird and I don't really buy the "he's a victim" or "they are picking on the Cowboys" thing. Something ain't right.