Kangaroo

Reaction score
Tim Duncan's Stat Line in the 1st qtr

8 Points 8 rebounds 3 blocks.

That is just sick great play by Duncan

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Duncan and the Spurs had a great game except for Parker who has been shooting the ball horrible

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
jacs said:
Duncan and the Spurs had a great game except for Parker who has been shooting the ball horrible

Tony will come around... he always does.

I love the Spurs, but I have a hard time getting worked up about basketball games played before Christmas.

I kind of view these games as "exhibition" games that count. :p

Duncan is awesome and once the team gets into their rythym, you can bank on them being a top 4 seed in the West and doing some serious damage in the playoffs.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Parker really needs to become more consistent. That has been the knock on him. Parker is not a good shooter anyway. He as his hot streaks. When he is penetrating and creating is when the Spurs are tough to beat. Parker will be fine.

The Spurs generally start slow and end strong. They are in mid season form early this year.

I saw Duncan's first quarter live Kangaroo. From the 11th row across from the Spurs' bench. :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
SoTex said:
Parker really needs to become more consistent. That has been the knock on him. Parker is not a good shooter anyway. He as his hot streaks. When he is penetrating and creating is when the Spurs are tough to beat. Parker will be fine.

I agree, let's let Barry do the outside shooting, that's why we brought him in. Occasionally give it to Bowen for the threes on his hot nights but Parker can really destroy teams when he's penetrating. The Lakers had to complete change their defensive gameplan in the Playoffs last year to stop it.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
the only thing that is pissing me off is that i cant watch the games :mad:

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I agree, let's let Barry do the outside shooting, that's why we brought him in. Occasionally give it to Bowen for the threes on his hot nights but Parker can really destroy teams when he's penetrating. The Lakers had to complete change their defensive gameplan in the Playoffs last year to stop it.

Exactly. Barry will not miss much when left open. The new rookie PG (Beno Udrih) is a pure shooter too. He needs to learn how to run the offense better, but he can fill it up from the outside when Tony takes a break.

jacs said:
the only thing that is pissing me off is that i cant watch the games

That sucks man. I would go crazy.

:(

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
SoTex said:
That sucks man. I would go crazy.

well i am going crazy and id like to take this time and say ** directv for changing acces cards **

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
jacs said:
well i am going crazy and id like to take this time and say ** directv for changing acces cards **

Hopefully, you will be able to catch the national games and the playoffs.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
SoTex said:
Hopefully, you will be able to catch the national games and the playoffs.

i could catch them if they are on ABC and sometimes when they on ESPN they show them on ESPN Latino

Kangaroo

Reaction score
SoTex said:

The Spurs generally start slow and end strong. They are in mid season form early this year.

I saw Duncan's first quarter live Kangaroo. From the 11th row across from the Spurs' bench. :D
I am jealous lol been a Spurs fan a long time but spent a lot of my life in Killeen Harker height Ft Hood area lol lot of Spurs and Dallas Cowboys fans come from that area that are local people that grow up there. The soldiers very depending on where they are from.

In fact when I was 8 years old we use to flag down the Harher Heights Cops and get free Cowboys football cards (I wish I had them now rlmao) It was great that was around 79-80 I had a Danny White; TD; Staurbach; Randy White; Ed Too Tall jones cards

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I am jealous lol been a Spurs fan a long time but spent a lot of my life in Killeen Harker height Ft Hood area lol lot of Spurs and Dallas Cowboys fans come from that area that are local people that grow up there. The soldiers very depending on where they are from.

In fact when I was 8 years old we use to flag down the Harher Heights Cops and get free Cowboys football cards (I wish I had them now rlmao) It was great that was around 79-80 I had a Danny White; TD; Staurbach; Randy White; Ed Too Tall jones cards

I have yet to go to the new SBC Center. I moved out of San Antonio before they built that place. It looks nice though. I kind of miss though how we used to cram our butts into the Alamodome's upper levels and get a crowd that was much larger than typical NBA sizes. It made me really feel like it was our house. :cool:

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:

Don't feel bad. My uncle gave me a Mantle rookie card when I was about 10. I remember folding it up and carrying it in my back pocket......Who knows where it is now... :mad:

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I have yet to go to the new SBC Center. I moved out of San Antonio before they built that place. It looks nice though. I kind of miss though how we used to cram our butts into the Alamodome's upper levels and get a crowd that was much larger than typical NBA sizes. It made me really feel like it was our house. :cool:

The SBC Center is first rate. Great venue to watch a game. I always liked the old Hemisfair Arena better than the Alamodome. Hemisfair was a tough place to play back in the 70's and 80's. The SBC Center is starting to get that way too. The dome is nice, but it just felt like a cave at times. I like the smaller arenas. If you ever come back into town give me a shout. We can catch a game.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
SoTex said:
The SBC Center is first rate. Great venue to watch a game. I always liked the old Hemisfair Arena better than the Alamodome. Hemisfair was a tough place to play back in the 70's and 80's. The SBC Center is starting to get that way too. The dome is nice, but it just felt like a cave at times. I like the smaller arenas. If you ever come back into town give me a shout. We can catch a game.

Nice to hear the SBC Center is starting to get that homey feel. :cool: I still have family that live in San Antonio. A lot of them sort of migrated from Dallas down south to San Antonio. LOL I'll give you a hollah when I get a chance to go back if the basketball season is going strong. San Antonio is a city I could retire in. It's probably my favorite Texas city. Big city that has a small town feel. And has a lot of culture and life to it that big metropolitans like Houston and Dallas sometimes lack.