Did I Hear Jerry Right... the Bills Slipped Us A Wet Ball???

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I was checking our Jerrys interview and he said the Bills slipped us a slick ball on the 2nd attempt.:eek:

I thought the league put an end to the bush league crap. First Seattle and now Buffalo:mad:

Where was the K-ball official with the numbered balls:confused:

Damn, I am getting pissed off with all this damn cheating going on.:bang2:

Nav22

Reaction score
It's true, Jerry said it.

Apparently there were 2 K-Balls... one was "lost"... the other had just been kicked by Folk on his 1st attempt. So they gave us a shiny new ball for the 2nd attempt.

Good thing Brad Johnson's hands were better than Romo's in January...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I swear to god, during that kick, I saw the ball and said outloud "Whoa, that ball sure looks shiney".

I fricken knew it !!!!!!!!!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nav22;1703621 said:
It's true, Jerry said it.

Apparently there were 2 K-Balls... one was "lost"... the other had just been kicked by Folk on his 1st attempt. So they gave us a shiny new ball for the 2nd attempt.

Good thing Brad Johnson's hands were better than Romo's in January...

How do you lose a freaking K-ball?

How bout if going and getting the one Folk just kicked for the "do over", referee didnt think about that?

Na, lets get this new shinney one right out of the plastic wrap for the 2nd kick.

TOTAL BUSH LEAGUE BS:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
arent they supposed to rotate all the balls. why have 12 or whatever if you only use 2?

if this is true, its the definition of bush league.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
From ESPN:

We Almost Saw Bobble II on Monday
October 12, 2007 5:59 PM

In a Bills-Cowboys Monday game not hurting for subplots, a new one emerged late Friday afternoon. While Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones were calling the league office to complain about the much-publicized timeout rule, they also mentioned a shiny new football that somehow found its way into the rotation before kicker Nick Folk nailed the game-winning 53-yard field goal in a 25-24 victory over the Bills.
At least one Cowboys player confirmed Friday that the ball in question was indeed slick, but veteran holder Brad Johnson and Folk were able to fight through the situation.
"The spirit of the rule is to always have a conditioned ball rather than a slick ball," Jones said Friday. "...That second ball was pretty slick."
Some of you might recall an alleged slick ball showing up in the Cowboys' wild-card playoff game in Seattle last January.

Nick Folk, Brad Johnson, Jerry Jones, Wade Phillips, Patriots-Cowboys
Read comments or leave a commenttry{profile.cc.add("hashmarks-blog-0-3-414");}catch(e){}

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wasn't there an off-sides? Had the snap been bobbled, we'd have had a re-kick anyway.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I just saw the replay, the K boy caught the (first) field goal and was looking to bring the ball back into play. I don’t see how it could have been lost.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1703643 said:
I just saw the replay, the K boy caught the field goal and was looking to bring the ball back into play. I don’t see how it could have been lost.

They lost the OTHER one.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
theogt;1703636 said:
Wasn't there an off-sides? Had the snap been bobbled, we'd have had a re-kick anyway.

That is not the point.

The point is that a freaking Armor-all ball should never have been in the game at that point. That is why they changed the freaking rule in the offseason, so chit like this doesnt happen anymore.

Damn, I am pissed now:mad:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If you didn't like the officating Monday then don't watch Sunday. You can bet it will be worse.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1703697 said:
If you didn't like the officating Monday then don't watch Sunday. You can bet it will be worse.

I wouldn't argue that point at all....even w/you Yeag.:)

Hypnotoad

Reaction score

It always seems worse when the entire nation is watching. I guess theres alot of pressure for zebras too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Yea, I know what you are talking about. The Pats never get penalized for chit, freaking Kraft is probably bank rolling the referee unions 401K.

I gaurantee that we will have more penalties for more yardage than hoodie.

:bang2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1703628 said:
How do you lose a freaking K-ball?
No kidding! What the hell?

Wouldn't you like to have heard that phone call when Jerry "visited" with the league about that... :laugh2:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that one bit.

A league who suspends a coach for taking a banned substance for health reasons for 5 games yet allows a coach who has purposely cheated over and over again to continue to coach is abhorrent.

This league will stop at nothing to make sure that pretty boy gets his wins no matter what it looks like.

I thought Goodell was about maintaining the credibility of the league but I guess it's about maintaining the credibility of the Pats. Can't wait to see what he says about slick ball #2.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If true, which it appears to be, I'm really torqued. Doing it period burns me but for some reason I'm more upset for them doing it after making the first one and that chicken dung time out. Maybe it makes it twice as deliberate and low down. If they can prove it then Bills need to be fined big time. They are already looking like losers. Cheating losers. Damn!