Did I Hear Jerry Right... the Bills Slipped Us A Wet Ball???

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics or video's? I would like to see it for comparison.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I was just watching the HD video posted earlier and the ball looked pretty shiny.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What's funny is that no one will care other than the Cowboys, you know the Bills will have no comment on it and no other team in the league cares unless it happens to them.

The fact that you could come up with this elaborate system, including inventing a NEW JOB, where the guys sole purpose is to maintain prepared balls and STILL have a new ball show up for a game winner is utterly ridiculous. I'd like to see the Bills fined for it, but it's not gonna happen.

thewireman

Reaction score
If there was a slick ball during a kick off what would make them not slip a slick ball in play?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
thewireman;1703796 said:
If there was a slick ball during a kick off what would make them not slip a slick ball in play?

Perhaps this had something to do with all those INT balls they were collecting.

thewireman

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1703800 said:
Perhaps this had something to do with all those INT balls they were collecting.

Makes you wonder how Romo could play so good then do a complet 180 in the inteception department for no apparent reason

vicjagger

Reaction score
So where did the term "Bush League" come from? I hope not from Texas.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
theogt;1703636 said:
Wasn't there an off-sides? Had the snap been bobbled, we'd have had a re-kick anyway.

Yeah there was, but then I'm sure Jauron would have called time out so we would have had to kick a fourth time ;)

sillycon

Reaction score
Nav22;1703621 said:
It's true, Jerry said it.

Apparently there were 2 K-Balls... one was "lost"... the other had just been kicked by Folk on his 1st attempt. So they gave us a shiny new ball for the 2nd attempt.

Good thing Brad Johnson's hands were better than Romo's in January...

This probably explains why the 2nd kick didn't travel as far as the 1st. The slick balls don't travel as far..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
sillycon;1704088 said:
This probably explains why the 2nd kick didn't travel as far as the 1st. The slick balls don't travel as far..

Good point.

I really thought this problem was fixed last year, I guess not. What you want to bet that if it were the Bills lining up for a game winning field goal that that "lost" K-ball would have been quickly found?

All this cheating is starting to piss me off...first Seattle, then the Pats, now the Bills.....who is next in line to screw us over.

Oops....I forgot to mention the Chicago Refs......they tried to screw us over also.

It is freaking amazing we are 5-0 the way we are getting screwed over now days.:mad:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Were are overcoming all of this, which makes us even stronger. Eye of the Tiger, us against the world and all that stuff.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Maybe we can sneak a slick ball to NE tomorrow.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1704194 said:
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Maybe we can sneak a slick ball to NE tomorrow.

I would rather win through not cheating then win at all.

burmafrd

Reaction score
There should be a league crew at every game whose only duty is to take care of the game balls. No one from any team should ever be involved. Baseball makes sure the umpire is the only one with the baseballs- why can't the NFL do the same?

manimal

Reaction score
Could the lost k-ball have been placed in the large dufflebag of balls that the bills were saving as momentos of this game.

Do they use k-balls on punts; I am sure that returned ball was put into the bag.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well, if Goodell would've had the smarts to give the Patriots the proper penalty, then maybe...just maybe...other teams like the Bills wouldn't even think of cheating either. Instead he didn't and like I predicted, there's little to stop other teams from cheating from now on.

Way to go doofus.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1704200 said:
I would rather win through not cheating then win at all.

:hammer:

When did this become a game when cheating was considered okay? You win fair and square. Cheating is just...I don't know...Un-American to me.

YAKUZA

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1704280 said:

When did this become a game when cheating was considered okay? You win fair and square. Cheating is just...I don't know...Un-American to me.

YAKUZA

Time makes people forget and rationalize things to mean less..... BUT... "at the end of the day" THE PATS CHEATED... won 3 SB's by 3 points.... had an unfair advantage and even if they only used on last drive of game, its cheating to win.

I dont know if Wade said what King said he said.. but if he did... so what.... its true....

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
burmafrd;1704236 said:
There should be a league crew at every game whose only duty is to take care of the game balls. No one from any team should ever be involved. Baseball makes sure the umpire is the only one with the baseballs- why can't the NFL do the same?

I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be this year. There's a guy in stripes on the sideline that wears a sling, I think his only job is to manage the game balls. That's why this is so ridiculous.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1704280 said:

YAKUZA

Un-American? LOL....

Seems very American to me....