Did i miss something???.....6 INTS!!!

gazjor1

Reaction score
Now i know im a long way away - but did the 6INTS by Manning get as much coverage as when Romo threw 5 and lost a fumble in our WIN vs Buffalo???

I think the key word in that line there is WIN. Romo played a poor game then as Manning did Sunday night but WE still pulled out the win.

Peyton - just like his bro' :laugh2:

Life is good bein' a Cowboy

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
gazjor1;1763913 said:
Peyton - just like his bro' :laugh2:
I agree with everything you've stated except for above comment. Payton IS a great QB and future HOF'er, far from like his little bro.

He had one horrendous game because he only half of starters on offense and was trying way too hard to win and made several bad passes which is very unlike him, even then his (one of the best of all time) kicker missed a chip-shot FG to lose, they should have won that game despite 6 INTs.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
The only difference here is the fg kicker.

Looks like Folk is taking over Viniteries(sp?) spot.

gazjor1

Reaction score
The last comment was very tongue in cheek.

Feel we could take the Colts just like we did last year in Wk 10, in fact id rate the Steelers over them right now

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I believe that they talked about the comeback with so many INT's, AND being so far behind on the scoreboard.

Our defense kept Romo in the game and we never fell 23 pts behind.

gazjor1

Reaction score
Are we saying then that if we were in the position they were in we wouldnt have come out with the win, after all the Chargers did very little offensively

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
gazjor does have a point, though, Romo's game received ALOT more attention than Peyton's-and he threw one more pick AND lost! Methinks Archie Jr gets the benefit of the doubt because of his long-term body of work-or maybe the fact that Romo helped to WIN the game was the difference!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1763920 said:
I agree with everything you've stated except for above comment. Payton IS a great QB and future HOF'er, far from like his little bro.
This is really funny. I agree with you wholeheartedly by the way, but when Eli was still in college everyone was saying he was going to better than Peyton. Peyton was a choker who would never win a SB, but his kid brother would come into the league and show him up. How things have changed.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
The Colts should have won that game. It seemed like they were trying too hard to run the clock down at the end instead of just score. 9 times out of 10 that strategy bites you in the rear.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1763976 said:
The Colts should have won that game. It seemed like they were trying too hard to run the clock down at the end instead of just score. 9 times out of 10 that strategy bites you in the rear.

I think they would have gone for the TD but came up just short on getting a 1st and goal to go from inside the 6 yard line. Replay did a good job of showing the runner came up short forcing the Colts to kick it and it is a kick you expect to be made 10 out of 10 times with a kicker like Vinatieri

gazjor1

Reaction score
That was the point i was aiming at - Romo got bad press - maybe rightly so - after a horror show in which he said the D bailed him out - but when Peyton or someone his equal (in terms of Bowl wins - enter Favre there if you like) has just as bad a dayits a little more " oh that was strange - very unlike 'x' " and " we wont see that from him again i betcha that"

I guess Romo will get that slack on the morning after he wins his 1st Bowl - oh yeh that'll Feb 4th then

:starspin :star: :starspin

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;1763921 said:
The only difference here is the fg kicker.

Looks like Folk is taking over Viniteries(sp?) spot.

Another difference is Manning didnt have his regular starting players

BBQ101

Reaction score
YoMick;1764003 said:
Another difference is Manning didnt have his regular starting players

Yeah he was missing Harrison, and Clark. Think Romo without TO and Witten. Just as important, their offensive line was decimated by injuries. At one point they had no other offensive linemen to come in the game if another was injured. Their left tackle was taken off the practice squad the week before.

Also, his 6th pick was thrown after the missed field goal as he was once again trying to move them into position to score. If the kick was good, it would have been a win for them with no 6th pick. I was thinking at the time, that Peyton would be the second qb this year to throw 5 picks and win the game...alas his kicker let him down again.

I personally don't like Peyton, but there is no arguing he is one hell of a quarterback. Lasor-Rocket arm you know...heh

BBQ

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When Romo collects a Super Bowl ring or league MVP, then we can start comparing him to Peyton.

What Manning did in San Diego in no way diminishes his accomplishments. And as great as Romo appears to be, he really hasn't done diddly yet.

Now if he wins a Super Bowl for the Cowboys this year, Im wit cha. But until then ... the nerve of you. ;)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1764228 said:
When Romo collects a Super Bowl ring or league MVP, then we can start comparing him to Peyton.

What Manning did in San Diego in no way diminishes his accomplishments. And as great as Romo appears to be, he really hasn't done diddly yet.

Now if he wins a Super Bowl for the Cowboys this year, Im wit cha. But until then ... the nerve of you. ;)
Ehh, I don't think anyone is comparing Romo to Payton.

The discussion is why Peyton received encouragements with his 6 INTs and a loss while Romo got blasted for throwing 5 INTs and 1 fumble and not give him the props for overcoming his errant passes to put the team in position to win.

aikemirv

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1764228 said:

Oh come on now, did Peyton become much better between January of 07 to March of 07 just because he won the Super Bowl?

Nobody said that Peyton was not an elite QB before that game in February - just that he had not won the SB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1764239 said:
Ehh, I don't think anyone is comparing Romo to Payton.

The discussion is why Peyton received encouragements with his 6 INTs and a loss while Romo got blasted for throwing 5 INTs and 1 fumble and not give him the props for overcoming his errant passes to put the team in position to win.

Uh, because Manning is well into his career so we judge his performance as an aberration.

Romo is at the beginning of his career, so we fear that that may be characteristic of his gunslinging mentality.

Context people.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
aikemirv;1764240 said:
Oh come on now, did Peyton become much better between January of 07 to March of 07 just because he won the Super Bowl?

Nobody said that Peyton was not an elite QB before that game in February - just that he had not won the SB.

So.

He has proven himself. Romo has not had as long a time to prove himself.

aikemirv

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1764280 said:
So.

He has proven himself. Romo has not had as long a time to prove himself.

Well, that proven QB should have known how to stop the bleeding (as Steve Young so aply stated)