Did I see right. Tyron Smith and La'el Collins will play vs Eagles?

dfense

Reaction score
Eagles have a lot of people out sunday. LT, DT, LB, WR and CBs.

JayFord

Reaction score
So they’ll only win by 35?

Just messing. We’re winning

you assume the coaches said “oh theyre missing people lets take advantage of it”

i guarantee you theyre saying “lets impose our will on fletcher cox and lets play contain on wentz and see if he can throw from a clean pocket”

75boyz

Reaction score
Uh, No. There is a small group here that will pull the injury excuse card at every opportunity. You can quote specific teams and years where an abundance of starters have been lost, and even starting quarterbacks. And when you cite specific examples of teams/coaches overcoming those odds here you will be met with more excuses. It's like there is something in the water even here on CZ.
Hope I don't catch it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they're treating as if it's a must win game. It's all hands on deck.

robjay04

Reaction score
I wondered that last week. Guessing JJ is giving him every opportunity. I don’t care what JJ says to the media. If we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs then he will maybe be gone before the season is over. He is gonna be mad and make the change and say nobody job is safe. Same thing he said when Wade was fired..

Only if he is really going to consider Kris Richard or Moore for the job and wants them to show him something over a timeframe like he did with Garrett.

Garrett is like family to Jerry.

robjay04

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they're treating as if it's a must win game. It's all hands on deck.

They should be.

You win this, you go into the bye. as the sole leader of the division with a win over each team in the East. You basically come out with a new season and a commanding advantage in the division.

you lose, you go into the division with a losing record in the middle of a 4 game skid coming out against what may be seen as a red hot Giants team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Only if he is really going to consider Kris Richard or Moore for the job and wants them to show him something over a timeframe like he did with Garrett.

Garrett is like family to Jerry.
JG will go to the front office.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A part of me don't want to see some of these guys play for that reason. They might aggravate their injuries further. So if they intentionally miss this game they'll really heal up during the bye week.

Plus every loss this season puts us one step closer to Garrett not being resigned. So no Smith, Cobb, Cooper, and Collins could be a good thing in the long run.

Just saying. A part of me feels that way.

The other issue is that if injured players make it 3 snaps and then can't play, the depth becomes a problem because of inactive players.

Do they have 2 backup OTs active if Tyron and La'el play?

Cobb & Cooper. How many WRs active. Austin and Wilson played quite a bit last week. Will Wilson be active?

JBond

Reaction score
A part of me don't want to see some of these guys play for that reason. They might aggravate their injuries further. So if they intentionally miss this game they'll really heal up during the bye week.

Plus every loss this season puts us one step closer to Garrett not being resigned. So no Smith, Cobb, Cooper, and Collins could be a good thing in the long run.

Just saying. A part of me feels that way.
But the team leader told them to play.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
From ESPN’s Todd Archer.....

The Dallas Cowboys’ injury situation has improved greatly from Wednesday.

According to multiple sources, the Cowboys will have offensive tackles Tyron Smith and La’el Collins, wide receivers Amari Cooper and Randall Cobb and cornerback Byron Jones Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.

All five are listed as questionable for the game, but they practiced on Friday on a limited basis and barring any last-minute setback will play.
Great news.