Did Lee Smash Claiborne Again?

T-RO

Reaction score
I thought Lee was one of the game MVPs and so I really hate to bring this up. But doesn't Lee put a lick on Morris again in the second half? (yikes!)

Maybe someone with better eyes can inspect this and tell me otherwise. Don't think it caused damage but it was a hard hit.

I've queued up the video...it's at the 3 min 12 sec mark.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That was 42, Claiborne is on the other side of the field on that play. The play Mo got hurt on, Lee wasn't anywhere near him.

T-RO

Reaction score
That was 42, Claiborne is on the other side of the field on that play. The play Mo got hurt on, Lee wasn't anywhere near him.

OK...you are correct it's 42. But now I'm worried. Church sustained his arm injury in third quarter. This hit was in the 3rd quarter.

Can somebody reassure me that Church's injury wasn't friendly fire? Otherwise I may not sleep tonight.

Edit/Update: After some further viewing...It seems like most of Lee's hit is on the receiver. I seem to see Church's forearm driving into the receiver. So my read is that Barry's arm--if it was hurt on that play--was injured through collision w/the receiver.

Last edited:

windjc

Reaction score
I thought Lee was one of the game MVPs and so I really hate to bring this up. But doesn't Lee put a lick on Morris again in the second half? (yikes!)

Maybe someone with better eyes can inspect this and tell me otherwise. Don't think it caused damage but it was a hard hit.

I've queued up the video...it's at the 3 min 12 sec mark.

No, but if that was the play Church broke his arm on, then Lee certainly didnt help as he smash the guy write into Church's forearm.

T-RO

Reaction score
No, but if that was the play Church broke his arm on, then Lee certainly didnt help as he smash the guy write into Church's forearm.

OK...I replayed it multiple times at 1/6 speed on my 4k TV. Here's what happened on that play:
You had the energy and mass of 3 players going all in the same direction...towards the goal line and all towards Barry Church.

Of course the receiver is going upfield. Then you have Carr, who is easy to overlook as he's coming in real low from behind. Lee is coming in behind the receiver high and with full momentum.

Church is the third tackler converging at the same time...but he's coming in the opposite direction of those 3 other players. So in a sense...Church is absorbing the collision/momentum from 3 players at the same time.

I'm still not at even sure that this play caused the injury, but I have read that church was hit during this drive and it seems the most likely scenario.

Wasn't Lee. It was the convergence of 4 players at the same time.

If players worry about domino effects of hitting people...they can't play football. They would lose all instincts and aggression. Just football.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
Sucks, he was doing so good also. **** like this always happens