Did Lincoln Riley turn down the Cowboys coaching job in 2020?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dementia check.

Hey, bros? Did I hibernate through this whole thing? The time when Lincoln Riley turned down coaching the Dallas Cowboys?

I just stumbled on a Rich Eisen show video from a couple of months ago where in trying to rationalize why Riley would leave Oklahoma for USC he mentions that he turned down the Cowboys in the past. No doubt he's referring to the 2020 offseason that brought us Mike McCarthy.

It's only a quick reference. He doesn't elaborate on it at all but you can listen to him say it at 4:37 of the video.

Am I so fixated on likes that I totally missed this bomb being dropped on the board? Jerry rebuffed by a college coach?

visionary

Reaction score
Nothing to see here, listen to what Eisen says carefully

“Riley said no to the Cowboys……….basically”

he’s implying there was interest but nothing more

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hey, Girlfriend? Riley wasn’t leaving college football, even Rapoport said it on Good Morning Football.

Rapoport also noted that the Cowboys conducted a “small search” & only interviewed McCarthy & Marvin Lewis. No Dementia at this end!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dementia check.

Hey, bros? Did I hibernate through this whole thing? The time when Lincoln Riley turned down coaching the Dallas Cowboys?

I just stumbled on a Rich Eisen show video from a couple of months ago where in trying to rationalize why Riley would leave Oklahoma for USC he mentions that he turned down the Cowboys in the past. No doubt he's referring to the 2020 offseason that brought us Mike McCarthy.

It's only a quick reference. He doesn't elaborate on it at all but you can listen to him say it at 4:37 of the video.

Am I so fixated on likes that I totally missed this bomb being dropped on the board? Jerry rebuffed by a college coach?

Who cares? About Riley or your likes.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Naturally, the money content started at 4:37. Anyways, good for Riley man..he played his hand right.

garyv

Reaction score
Dementia check.

Lincoln is not ready.....it showed even at OU

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys haven’t been an attractive coaching venue this era.

We are like a grave yard for head coaches. We only attract those who aren’t getting calls elsewhere

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If he turned it down he's wise. He's got a king's deal at Southern California. Mansion, money, and likely to dominate the conference and play for national titles.

He runs the show and he'll be rewarded every step of the way. No reason for him to play fantasy football with Jerry & Stephen, win nothing, and be blamed for it.